Thoughts on Surface Go?

Thoughts on Surface Go?

I need something more portable for university than my gaming laptop i also have a good pc so i don't need anything powerful. Thinking 4GB RAM version should suffice.

I could also get a Surface pro 3 with an i5 for cheaper on ebay. What do?

Attached: SG.jpg (1600x1067, 254K)

The storage on these is shit

Get regular version.

with google drive or dropbox you don't need much these days

Get one and install Linux on it, fuck Windows 10.

when he says the storage is shit he means the 64GB verion is slow, basically flash storage. You have you upgrade to the 128GB version to get an SSD

you mean you need to replace the ssd for a bigger one? 128 are very cheap these days these days

this post glows in the dark

I wrote that and I'm not shilling if that is what you mean, it's just practical, remove your tinfoil hat

fuck off cia nigger

The 4/64GB version is absolutely fine. Microsoft just pays youtubers and the main publications to shill the 8/128GB version.

The 64GB has slower read speeds (1.2GB/s vs 280MB/s) but the write speeds are exactly the same at 170MB/s. Random access is the same too.

You better be under 7 proxies or they are on to you bro, be safe

get the most ancient thinkpad you can and install libreboot with GNU/Linux on it. Tell your professors you refuse to touch proprietary software.

128GB is perfectly usable if you're just doing documents, presentations etc.

no apps

are you out of your fucking mind? it runs nothing, it's good for nothing, it's not compatible with anything - get an android, microshit is dead in mobile. it's been over for years. the platform is bunk. it's "90s" (PC).

Attached: 20160822_android_ios.png (1200x900, 102K)

tablets are not smarphones, brainlet.
It can do photo editing just fine and run any windows program plus the windows store crap.
The incel pentium should be able to handle Nox emulator running social media garbage.

Can't install linux on the hardware. Trash.

Enjoy fixing it when it breaks...because well you'll destroy the unit anyway doing so.

You must be new here. Linux runs on toasters, you summerfag cancer!

I have an asus transformer pro which is a similar devise compared to surface pro. I highly recommend an i5 or i7 version with 128gb. Get a sdcard for storage when needed. If you get a surface go, it will feel outdated in a year, because it's just a tablet. But the i5 and i7 versions are legitimate laptops. Have at least 8gb for win10.
What are yoj majoring in? If it is journalism then fine. But if you are doing any data Science on it get a real processor

>something more portable than a laptop
You have made some terrible purchasing decisions haven't you?

Also interested in this.
Though I was thinking about getting X230t, but /tpg/ always said it was a bad idea.
Should I be looking into Tab S4?

22 rupees have been deposited pajeet

Attached: jew heaven.jpg (1162x850, 360K)

It's a glue filled aluminium piece of garbage, don't buy it

Just note it's not a proper laptop. You can only use it on a big flat stable surface. The keyboard doesn't appear to be comfy but I don't know. It's also not a proper tablet unless you ditch the keyboard completely because otherwise it'll be getting in the way.

My solution was getting an old Thinkpad and an Android tablet separately. I wish the tablet was regular Windows/x86 machine but then the battery life would drop significantly so that would suck too.

>get T60
>turns out libreboot can't handle ATI GPU

Get a cheap x260 or x270 off ebay.

Actually this is incorrect. You actually need less space for a stable experience because the ammount of space that the stand needs is much smaller than a regular laptops. Trust me i have one. I can type on my lap with no problem. If anything it is more versatile than a laptop. Plus the cooling points upwards rather than on your lap

as a real pajeet, i wish this meme was true.
22 rupees per post in a 300 post thread is basically king money here.

The keyboard is also pretty amazing, it has more travel than the majority of laptops on the market and has a very definite click. It also tilts at a nice angle rather than laying flat.
It is easily up there with the Thinkpad keyboard desu

I don't see how that's possible when you need to support 3 points for it to be stable while a normal laptop would only require support in 2 of these points.

Attached: chrome_2018-08-27_14-18-27.png (1068x863, 1.69M)

I understand it might look so at first glance. But actually its only 2 points. Think about it: how would it atand wothout the keyboard?

>user thinks he can just fuck open a Surface device, plop a bigger SSD in and then just put it back together

Attached: 1533448962951.png (981x819, 794K)

>Just note it's not a proper laptop.
it kinda is. its just not high end. I use a surface pro (the new version) with a big monitor at work and I love it. It's super convenient.

>You can only use it on a big flat stable surface. The keyboard doesn't appear to be comfy but I don't know.
you can use it comfortably on your lap and the keyboard is seriously great.

Doesn't this one run windows 10 S?

hello im gay

I think you can disable it once

yeah it comes with it
knowing microshaft they're probably doing some kind of "limited time" upgrade to pro

hello gay, i'm dad.

Oh wait so I can just buy a cheap key off ebay and upgrade? Shit suddenly this doesn't sound so bad

id just get a cheap lightweight thinkpad or hp office laptop.

or if i'd wanna get fancy, buy a macbook

I'm still thinking to buy a Xiaomi Air 12 with a Intel M processor since I already have a PC but I can't help to think I'm just wasting money.

Yeah, when you use it without keyboard - sure. But when you use the keyboard you need it to rest on something -- all 3 points must rest on something. Only when you're not using it as a laptop it isn't a gimped laptop.

Looks crap son...

Where are you?

My wife just bought a Surface Pro for £650 (i5, 8gb RAM, 128gb storage, decent sized screen), which is FAR better. I actually tried it, and expected it to be meme as fuck, but it's honestly brilliant.

The cheapest Go uses eMMC, which is slow as molasses.

Its almost like I didn't say the cheapest one, faggot.

Only 2 points must rest stable, the keyboard itself will rest on your lap but does not need to stay fixed... oh well just try it someday its hard to explain. But I've had my share of laptops, from gaming laptops to moderate sized ones and a netbook. My transformer pro is the best combination of a tablets portability with the power of a real laptop, provided you get 128gb ssd and i5 or i7 configuration

Non-full Windows was a mistake

t. Surface 2 owner. Fucking M$ doesn't let you even install an ARM-based linux on the piece of garbage, forcing you to stick with Windows RT.

I'd really like a device like the Surface Go or iPad, a relatively inexpensive device i can take in my bag anywhere, read documents/comics/manga. Maybe a bit of light gaming.

Surface Go battery life is a bit of a corundum. For "typical usage" i've seen quotes between 3.5 hours and 8 hours. Maybe it depends on that particular review's definition of typical usage - while the iPad almost always lasts 8-10 hours.

To quote you:

>Thinking 4GB RAM version should suffice.

Which is the cheapest version.

Mong.

It comes with Windows 10 S which is their garbage locked-down version of Windows 10, but you can flick a switch in the settings to choose a full Windows 10 version, as if you could switch from Windows RT to Windows 8 when that was a thing. You can't go back to 10 S from the full 10 version. No idea why you'd want to, though.

Same here, something for mangoes and also drawing. At least cheaper models like this Surface Go and I think the recent budget iPad support pens now.

My post, which is the one you replied to, reads
>128GB is perfectly usable if you're just doing documents, presentations etc.
The fuck are you on about, faggot? Are you fresh from reddit and don't know how to quote yet?

doesnt it have shit linux compatibility ?

Yes

GL buying your 4gb 128gb version then (which does not exist)

Actually... CostCo had exactly that, bundled with a keyboard even. Seems it might pop up in limited quantities once in a while.

I literally never said anything about 4GB in any of my posts you fucking retard.

Reading manga, comics and technical books is so fucking comfy on my Surface Pro 3. I can also lie in bed watching Family Guy or other shit and change position to whatever the fuck I want. I litteraly refused to do paper notes also. Unfortunately this things run Win 10, which is utter shit and demands a lot of unkikeing to work nice and without throttling.