Android TV Box

Do you have one?
I need an Android box for my non-smart TV to have some fun (e.g. watch IPTV, maybe a bit of (simplest) games), but I dunno which one to chose as there are lots of em.

Attached: 1e59bbadb1b506b5bfe00250b180386c.jpg (340x315, 16K)

I have a vontar z8 arc

It almost doesn't matter what one you buy, they all have the same hardware.

You want Android TV, not android. Xiaomi mibox is pretty much the only cheap one with Android TV. In the case of mine, I flashed an Android TV rom to it.

Attached: IMG_20180827_010117.jpg (4000x3000, 2.87M)

Nvidia Shield

Get one with official Android TV or it will be the chinkest tablet just in a different form factor.

raspberry pi, osmc

Can a Raspberry Pi run Terrarium TV?

Got an older model of two chinese TV boxes. They are both Windows/Intel based though.

I don't really know what you want/need either, but you probably want to direct import your box chink shit general style.

> It almost doesn't matter what one you buy, they all have the same hardware.
Not nearly so, the chipsets and all other specs like the amount of RAM and such vary quite wildly, even if of course a bunch of models have about the same hardware.

I wrote about this last night before falling asleep. If you want Kodi and perhaps Acestreamer or play games on Retroarch:
And to answer the question of , the S905W is a cheaper version of the better S905X chipset. There's also an increasing demand for the S912, although some have encountered driver issues while running Libreelec with it.

Why not get an enigma2 for IPTV. Use whoosh build and its like real cable.

I have a byzztvxpl300 and its OK but all I do is watch tv it's stArting to slow down because android and its shitty fragmentation issue.

>You want Android TV, not android.
What's the difference?

Does Chromecast receiving works?

Android TV is controlled mainly with 4 arrows, enter and back. It's TV remote friendly or game controller friendly.

Just regular Android like most of these boxes has is fucking stupid because it needs a keyboard and mouse, basically because you'll be doing things like clicking and dragging to open menus to simulate finger drags.

Only on the YouTube app and I have to add it every single time. I don't really ever use this but you want to get a mibox or something with official Android TV if you want it all to work.

So which are some good budget models with Android TV, lads?
And what price should I expect in general so it's not a pile of shit (but not the high end one with 4k support as my TV isn't even UHD so won't make sense) either?

Bro you were already told in this thread that the only cheap option is the xiaomi mibox, you either buy that, flash another box and have some things not work, or you get a Nvidia shield, there is only one option under $100.

The Mi Box has fucked wifi drivers with the latest update that makes the wifi disconnect multiple times an hour. It’s been months and there’s still no fix from Xiaomi. The previous version had issues with video playback going green because of some hdmi drm shit. It’s nice when it works and it’s well built, but it’s far from flawless.

Fuck, it's the drivers? I noticed something was fucked but I thought it was my router or something.

Yup, the only way it’s usable in the current state is with an usb to ethernet adapter. The devs apparently know about it, but there doesn’t seem to be much being done.

Been thinking a lot of a reliable way to stream on the TV and actually do something.
Tried chromecast 2, don't really like it, really limiting and have had several issues.
So I've given up and plan on building an htpc powered by a 2200g or 2400g (god I wish the 2600/2800H would become available for other than laptops but oh well...) and just use that, because I'm getting tired of all the nonsense.

>Tried chromecast 2, don't really like it, really limiting and have had several issues.
Can you go more in depth about it cause I was looking into this asweel.

>Nvidia shield, there is only one option under $100.
Isn't Nvidia shield above $200?

The mi box is the under $100 option.

Anyone ever replace the fire stick with Android TV?

i use a sunveil 95u cause at the time its specs were the best for chinese players, and more importantly, it was the only one that didnt look like cheap plastic garbage(the red portion is metal)

That was about 2 years ago, and its still considered a top-tier chipset(S912) for chinese stuff... Which is saying more about how much the market has stagnated than anything else, since its by no means a powerful machine.... Cant really do any emulation above Dreamcast(PSP is hit and miss, mostly miss).

No google certification either, so no streaming shit that has drm(netflix, HBO, etc...) and not built in chromecast.

My setup is the box + a chromecast, with the chromecast and my phone doing netflix, youtube, casting my music from blackplayer, etc... and then the android box running Kodi for my torrented shit i keep on a USB drive.

If i were to start over, id prob. just put my HDD on a nas machine, and spend the money that would have gone to the box, on a lifetime plex pass, and then use my phone to browse my NAS and cast that to the TV. Cause as cool as the idea of having an android box on my TV is, the reality is its just a pain in the ass keeping it all updated. And i hardly play the emulators and the only android game i ever bothered with, with it, was Oceanhorn(which to be fair, worked perfectly)

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x300, 17K)