Why do Jow Forums hate the firefox?

Why do Jow Forums hate the firefox?

Attached: unnamed.png (512x250, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-does-phishing-and-malware-protection-work#w_how-does-phishing-and-malware-protection-work-in-firefox)
support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-does-phishing-and-malware-protection-work)
support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-stop-firefox-making-automatic-connections#w_prefetching
web.archive.org/web/20180818155315/https://www.howtogeek.com/335712/update-why-you-shouldnt-use-waterfox-pale-moon-or-basilisk/
activistpost.com/2017/08/mozilla-joins-george-soross-efforts-launching-strike-fake-news.html
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm?hl=en
chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromium/src/ /919984
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Firefox is SJW
>use Chrome made by another SJW company instead
literally logic of Jow Forums

>botnet

True Jow Forums users use IBM WebExplorer

How is botnet?

It's just Jow Forumstards who hate Firefox. Anyone with half a brain understands that Firefox is still the only good browser on the market.

moz://a secretly installed malware to promote a TV show with blatant political messages

Attached: 1529325412589.png (1045x580, 152K)

Whaaa?

Fuck Mozilla but its a pretty great browser once you do some about:config tweaks and a couple of things in the normal settings menu.

Attached: 1509819482155.gif (650x713, 599K)

I love the smooth scrolling

at least its better than chrome

i dont hate firefox, and i believe no one does. i do hate the people currently behind firefox, hurting it with every move they make.

who is this g fella that you referring to

I don't know about the rest of that shit but I do know that you can store your browsing and history shit on Mozilla's servers but it's all encrypted. So they simply host information they can't open.

nice source comrade

G is a liberal hacker terrorist who is battling Q.

you can easily disable all of that from the options

It's the only serious browser you can use at the moment
>muh meme forks
The forks are not bad by any stretch, but if you want to get security updates pushed asap, you can't have a fork and hope it gets security updated on the same day as the source project
>muh sjw
If you're not supporting them finnacialy then why does it matter
It's not like their dev team and pr team overlap
>muh telemetry
Disable telemetry and experiments in about:config and settings when you install and forget about it for the rest of the time
Sure, I agree it should be opt in, but like I said the alternatives are not as secure
Privacy != security

Attached: Unforeseen_Spider.gif (473x670, 1.22M)

They would not have, if you had opted out of their experiments and telemetry in about:config
Sure it wasn't very nice, but it's not like you didn't have an option to not participate

They’ve completely abandoned the ideals that attracted people in the first place. They really don’t try to hide or defend their change anymore. It’s absolutely pathetic. Not to mention muh extensions.

>opted out of their experiments and telemetry in about:config
Its not even in about:config, its in the normal settings menu and it literally tells you its enabled when you first install it.

I don't hate it

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-27_07-39-13.png (1920x1080, 785K)

How did you get your title bar/tabs like that?

Where can I download this?

looking glass was an easteregg you dumbass

css

I don't hate Firefox, but I hate Mozilla because of SJW ideology.

I'm not sure if they're worse than Google.

not even famous e-celeb theo de raadt likes it

Chrome is faster and more user friendly, just like windows.

If you don't browse the internet via command line using an http request module + xml parser, you're part of the problem

While it supports more features, it's too heavy on Android because of gecko.
Chrome is just more convenient and faster.
On my Debian machine Firefox hangs a lot.
Chromium just does the job.
I always used Firefox since 2007 and I still use it on my Windows machine, but Chrome works better

I don't hate the firefox. Maybe the propagandists behind it. I agree most companies are full of shit anyways. Thing is Chrome doesn't really hide using you as a tool, and to be fair if you have a google account it's still more convenient to use it over Firefox.

That said, for some reason, Firefox on macOS is quite faster, to the point it matches Safari without all its flaws. And Chrome Beta shows they're trying to add some really shitty font rendering. So I'm stuck with Firefox.

>Anyone with half a brain understands that Firefox is still the only good browser on the market
this. we whole-brain people use the superior browser Google(tm) Chrome

CIA Niggers, every one of them

i want my fucking jpg files, not jfif shit.

reminder this is bait and the original is the same but with google chrome

it would be perfect if telemetry was not this strong.

Attached: firefox.png (422x826, 31K)

because it makes my fans run on high and it eats cpu, ram, and battery. other than that and all the other mozilla bullshit lately firefox itself is alright

It's not bait it just shows Firefox does the same thing as Chrome. If you're gonna claim it's bait tell me which part of it isn't true.

Why? Chrome's bloat annoys the shit out of me sometimes. What is better about Firefox? I don't care about any information concerns, the glowies most likely already have everything they need.

ok niggers, what do you use then?

Even if you like Firefox, there's literally no reason to use it over GNU IceCat.

they killed their original plug-ins, becoming effectively just another chrome fork. There's no point in using it anymore.

>tell me which part of it isn't true.
Firefox does not send the filenames you're downloading to mozilla and store your IP for few weeks.
Firefox does not send every URL you begin to type in the address bar to Mozilla for auto-completion purposes.
Firefox does not connect to Mozilla every 30 minutes to update malicious URL lists.
Firefox does not connect to websites in the background predictively without your explicit instruction.

The only thing that's completely is true is Firefox accounts.

Attached: ff.png (1631x945, 148K)

Why do I use then if not Quantum? Ungoogled Chrome?

>gecko/spidermonkey
>chrome fork
Embarassing.

>Firefox does not send the filenames you're downloading to mozilla and store your IP for few weeks.
Turns out it sends to Google instead. It says "When you download an application file, Firefox checks the site hosting it against a list of sites known to contain "malware". If the site is found on that list, Firefox blocks the file immediately, otherwise it asks Google’s Safe Browsing service if the software is safe by sending it some of the download’s metadata." (support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-does-phishing-and-malware-protection-work#w_how-does-phishing-and-malware-protection-work-in-firefox)

>Firefox does not send every URL you begin to type in the address bar to Mozilla for auto-completion purposes.
True it sends it to your search engine and default one is Google.

>Firefox does not connect to Mozilla every 30 minutes to update malicious URL lists.
"These lists are automatically downloaded and updated every 30 minutes or so when the Phishing and Malware Protection features are enabled." (support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-does-phishing-and-malware-protection-work) But yeah once again it connects to Google and not Mozilla.

>Firefox does not connect to websites in the background predictively without your explicit instruction.
It does this by default. support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-stop-firefox-making-automatic-connections#w_prefetching

So yeah it should probably be changed in that it sends all your data to Google and not Mozilla.

>>Firefox does not send every URL you begin to type in the address bar to Mozilla for auto-completion purposes.
>True it sends it to your search engine and default one is Google.
That is misleading at best. It doesn't sneakily send stuff in background for auto-completion purposes, only once you hit enter. Which is expected behavior.

But I didn't know preconnections are on by default now. That never happened to my Firefox profile that's been in use from 2003.

Because the LGBT pajeet shillings for Firefox got on my nerve the third times.

web.archive.org/web/20180818155315/https://www.howtogeek.com/335712/update-why-you-shouldnt-use-waterfox-pale-moon-or-basilisk/

>Chrome has always been SJW
>Firefox became SJW through the years
It was not pretty seeing Firefox becomes what it is today.

Braindead developers that don't know what user experience is.

Seriously all the articles on how abandoning Firefox means abandoning privacy, freedom, gnu and all that shit when Mozilla fuck up something and users jump ship is unreal.

>he cares about the technology behind producing literally the same experience and believes it's still better and different

browser.safebrowsing.enabled = false
browser.safebrowsing.phishing.enabled = false
browser.safebrowsing.malware.enabled = false
browser.safebrowsing.downloads.enabled = false
toolkit.telemetry.cachedClientID = blank
network.predictor.enabled = false
network.dns.disablePrefetch = true
network.prefetch-next = false

>literally the same experience
Embarassing. But that's to be expected from one whose rhetoric is limited to childish greentext implications. If you genuinely can't tell the difference between webkit and gecko, you don't belong here.

By the way, I'm not saying Firefox is better. The contrary. Gecko is worse than either blink or webkit (in terms of feature support, not only performance) and spidermonkey is far slower than V8.

All of these features are perfectly justifiable from a user experience standpoint and are in no way malicious. If you take all of these features away, you are left with a substantially less valuable product.

Is Firefox still a slow piece of trash? Dammit. I was going to do a clean install of Windows and was thinking of switching from Chrome. Ah hell.

>still thinking Jow Forums is a single person
I unironically use Firefox >60.

Yes. Or GNU IceCat.

Jow Forums hates firefox because of its indiscriminate censoring of websites that doesn't conform to leftist ideology.

activistpost.com/2017/08/mozilla-joins-george-soross-efforts-launching-strike-fake-news.html

Then how come I can still post on Jow Forums?

Yeah, but most people here state that Chrome is better...so botnet is not a legit argument here.

Amen!

>IceCat
Excellent meme browser for the drooling retards of Jow Forums, yes.

I particularly like their "fingerprinting protection" that actually makes the browser easier to fingerprint as GNUshit. Sure you can't tell individual users apart from the browser fingerprint alone, but that's far from all the metadata a connection leaves.

I'm browsing this thread using Google Chrome on Windows 10 and I'm signed in to both my Microsoft account and my Google account. Feels good not to be paranoid, man.

Attached: 0e9.jpg (600x600, 27K)

base et rougepille

Firefox has serious performance issues on MacOS unfortunately. I still use it on Linux and Windows though.

I've been using Chrome for several years and it's the second or first software I install whenever I recover a PC.
However I've noticed the massive RAM and resource sink it implies.
Any good advice to help into the transcition to Firefox?

Blink/WebKit can't even block network requests, so you can't even get a proper adblocker
Gecko isn't behind either of those in features, unless by features you mean deprecated shit that was never standardized and proprietary bullshit, performance wise Spidermonkey trades blows with V8
Keep spreading FUD retard, those articles are fake

Until the FBI come and take you away because Pepes are hatespeech dontcha know. Have fun in prison ;)

Every browser sends your keystrokes somewhere if you enable autocomplete or search as you type, that's how it works for fucks sake. Same goes for sync. Disable that shit if it triggers your tinhat compulsions. Connecting to sites in the background is prefetching. It can speed up browsing, but it can also increase resource consumption and even cause ads to bypass your ad blocker. You can disable that in about:config too. The blacklisting of known malware sites is probably a good thing, but it's optional too.
Don't post jpg's that are this potato-tier retarded anymore, ok?

>Blink/WebKit can't even block network requests, so you can't even get a proper adblocker
Ok how do you explain uBlock Origin?
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm?hl=en

It needs ubo extra on chrome

Attached: 1532532525484.png (1530x800, 104K)

You know even gorhill has said on the issue tracker that you can't properly block network requests on Chrom*, right?
And even then you still need another separate plugin to hide some types of content on Chrom*

>performance wise Spidermonkey trades blows with V8
They're close, but spidermonkey has consistently been significantly slower in all real-world benchmarks I've done. V8 is still objectively better, but it doesn't matter much. Even chakra (lol) is fast enough for average daily browsing.

I don't care about the political stuff because I know for a fact that if they ever bothered blocking shit there'd be an outrage that I would certainly notice. Hell I bet my ass they would block the access to this very website.

What I need to know is, how does one deal with Google sync? As in, all the fucking data that I have over there and I don't want to lose. Everything does well with importing bookmarks but when it comes to passwords there's some fuckery.

Not Chrome's fault he's such an incompetent developer he has to make a separate addon because he can't figure out how to add the functionality to uBlock Origin

I prefer Opera.

What tweaks should be made?

I never went to Chrome, Firefox has been just fine. For a time yeah the performance went a bit to shit but then they came out with the recent stuff and it's been better.

>Chromium-based browsers do not support user styles.
Vivaldi.
>Chromium-based browsers can't block data: ....
Has been fixed:
chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromium/src/ /919984
>Instant logic
Instant logic has been targeting chrome cause of the larger market share and it's possible on firefox too, there's already a thread somewhere on ublock github about this already and ubo extra may be needed on the future on firefox too.
>Not aware of any anti-fingerprinting initiative ...
irrelevant.