Audiophiles BTFO

>Using world-class headphones, a $2 Realtek integrated audio codec could not be reliably distinguished from the $2000 Benchmark DAC2 HGC in a four-device round-up. Again, all four devices sounded great.

Attached: realtek_logo.png (452x300, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/reviews/high-end-pc-audio,3733-19.html
hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,115106.0.html
asa.scitation.org/doi/full/10.1121/1.4984044
matrixhifi.com/ENG_contenedor_ppec.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I thought this is common knowledge

Chinese propaganda. There is no way those cheap as fuck onboard chips can drive high-end headphones or provide clear linear output.

>

>world-class headphones
Beats™ by™ Dr.™ Dre™

Can you post source?
New motherboards come with Elna and nichicon audio caps, I wonder if what OP says is true...

Blind tests are the audiophile's nemesis

Because purely by ear test done by complete amateurs is worth shit. Get the fuck out of here, tech illiterate poorfag.

It's true as long as you consider someones personal unobjective opinion as truth.

Post URL

it is, to everyone except the self professed audiophiles

>Needing to be spoonfed

NM found it.
>Using world-class headphones, a $2 Realtek integrated audio codec could not be reliably distinguished from the $2000 Benchmark DAC2 HGC in a four-device round-up. Again, all four devices sounded great. The same might not apply to full-sized speakers; we can't say, since we didn't test them. But as far as some of the best headphones in the world go, we stand by these test results.

While calibration does show that Realtek's ALC889 is less linear, and thus less hi-fi than the other devices we're looking at, the 1.4 dB difference at 100 Hz apparently isn't enough to reliably differentiate the experience it delivers from others in real-world scenarios. Isn't 1.4 dB a pretty big difference? In a "pure tone", it would be quite noticeable. That's less the case when you're listening to regular music though, especially if the more sensitive 1 to 4 kHz tones are more accurately matched.

Bait

ALC1220 is pretty audiophile though.
It's not for audiophools who are easily departed from massive wads of cash though, they get angry when 'cheap' gear is just as good.

They used actual, good headphones. The problem is that entire test is worthless and proves nothing.

I'm sure you can prove it with measurements. Tomshardware redaction couldnt for some reason.

>tomshillware lmao

>Posting shit without source

>so butthurt he spent thousands of neetbux on garbage that he must directly deny everything

Thanks; here's a (you)

I know right, they're shilling you out of buying a $1000 DAC.

Wrong on both, retard zoomer. Now where are your measurements.

>retard zoomer

Attached: (You).png (870x722, 461K)

Good work proving my point. Measurements?

Tfw still using ALC889 and it fucking bangs.

i already own one lmao

Attached: farts.jpg (1024x380, 74K)

Not just any blind test, but ABX is a real fool destroyer.

>measurements
yeah because everyone has dedicated measuring equipment inside their heads to gauge the quality of the sound right?

Just wait until you get a new motherboard with ALC1220.

How is that relevant? There are two kinds of tests, those that have some way to objectively test (measure) the results, and those that are worthless. Human ear is not objective. Understood?

Snibbedy Snab, no one beats the crab.

>Human ear is not objective
why would you spend thousands on audio equipment if you can't tell the difference?

So you'd be able to tell the difference with your perfect bionic ears?

Attached: ASRock_Z170_Extreme4+_144th.png (721x263, 42K)

Thats not relevant. Tomshillware made a "test". Why did they not include measurements? It seems to me like the easiest way to prove your point.
They teach this kind of shit in high school, are you dropouts or underage?

>muh DACs

Oh no no no

*inhales*

Attached: 16-44_Summary.png (918x291, 36K)

Supports DSD128 too.
Even Hydrogenaudio was impressed.
hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,115106.0.html

Attached: ALC1220 is better than your 1000 dollar dac.png (620x446, 154K)

Same chip different boards.
Now post same values along side a traditional soundcard usb or otherwise.

>Why did they not include measurements?
if people taking part in a blind test can't tell the difference it doesn't matter what the measurements are

>They teach this kind of shit in high school, are you dropouts or underage?
hilarious considering you're the only one here hurling insults at people making rational arguments

Your argument will be rational when you post side by side measurements done in the same enviornment that prove your point. That's the first thing I asked about.
Thats why I'm calling you a dropout, you have intelligence of one.

Man, finding the actual studies is so much work.
Gotta go through a billion audiofags trying to attack the methodology of the studies.
>You gotta let them listen to the blind test ahead of time or they don't know what to listen to!
>the test is putting them under stress and affecting the results!!!1!
and naturally there's studies suggesting that while prior listening does affect the spread of results obtained; it doesn't really affect the mean, the actual results.

can't wait for the next wave of complaints and studies.
I say let the fags waste their money.

I would gladly pay a little more not to have crabs.

Remember that decibel is logarithmic? It's definitely noticable and calls into question the method.

It doesn't matter because the human ear can't hear 0.01THD, 0.01IMD or 90dB dynamic range under normal conditions

Measurements mean dick all if the difference lays past human perception.

asa.scitation.org/doi/full/10.1121/1.4984044
>robot ear can't tell the difference
wow human ears must be so powerful

snibbedy is the best though.
only fag not want the crab.

seriously though, some highend boards have cmedia.

NUH UH I can, my pen island DAC sound tight af, realtek is trash!

*pen island DAC*
>YEAH SHIRRU DAT Ti DACCU WHITU BOII

>linear output
Doesn't take much to make that happen user.

It really isn't. Go on audioscience reviews and look up amirs measurements on benchmark dac. Apply the same tests to your realkek.
You are probably missing audio precision test rig but surely you have disposable income to get one.

Ok, still doesn't change the fact that measurements are objective while human ear isn't.

>hey user this doesn't sound different than my $5 headphones plugged to my phone
>you fucking philistine let me show you the measurements from a website to prove how wrong you are

lel

>cmedia

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-08-27 18-25-50.png (533x489, 42K)

>They used actual, good headphones
Show me where the article states the exact model they used.

weren't you the same shithead talking about how the environment affects the results?
come now, keep it consistent

Attached: 38 - 0ykfocu.jpg (499x499, 37K)

Everywhere, read it. They used hd800 for instance. Entire "test" is ridiculous but not because of gear choice but rather because methodology of their test was wrong.

>retards who bought into snake oil try to convince everyone they arent retarded

Seething audiophile

it's not about sound quality it's about interference changing sound quality...

having experienced that before, i just went with amp+dac and nice headphones to accompany them

Attached: 8K8Y.gif (500x281, 999K)

matrixhifi.com/ENG_contenedor_ppec.htm

Attached: ppecTD.gif (600x450, 246K)

>no measurements, no methodology, comments closed
Brilliant bait.

That boomer cope...

Attached: Untitled-1.png (452x300, 20K)

Yeah it does, your point? Thats why I asked for the same tests on the same test rig (audio precision).

You are trying to defend your point with unobjective ear tests. Who else does this? Oh right, audiophools. Pot and kettle.

>article from 2014
>how can the comments be closed, it's outrageous! a conspiracy!

Calm down user, you're gonna have an aneurysm.

I don't have the same rig you autist. Is my name amir? You some special retarded or just the audiofag type?

as for audiophools... I reckon you're the fool if you need to spend thousands of dollars to appreciate what everyone else can with a few bux

even this shit is probably better than onboard and it's 20 monies

Attached: behringer-u-control-uca202-50151.jpg (1000x536, 52K)

My xonar stx is easily a lot better than the onboard audio.

On the onboard I can hear background noise when nothing is playing.

I am calm user, no need to worry. I will likely get aneurysm when I see one intelligent post made by you. From shock.

Then shut the fuck up and stop talking out of your ass.
You can buy the same rig. You could if you were nut unemployed, that is.

BTW, my headphone is a legendary HD-600.

>behringer
I think not, sweetie

Results can only be the same if the amps have enough power to drive the headphones they used. Which is rarely the case with high-end headphones.

my old z68 board used realkek and it couldnt power my dt770s, never mind anything better.

I will never believe the hype surrounding Realtek audio codecs, I bought certain boards specifically for their so called excellent SNR ratings and it's bullshit every time.

I own two boards with the ALC889 and one with ALC892 and I pair them with high quality power supplies and decent but not audiophile equipment (AD700 headphones, Sony SS-NX1 bookshelves), there are parts certain of songs (background vocals, instruments) that can not be heard on Realtek audio, under any possible circumstances.. yet I can hear them clearly on my Xonar DX, my Sony XZ2 and even my ancient Acer celeron laptop with VIA audio, whatever Realtek does to look good on paper it does not translate into real life listening.

It's ok for gaming but if you listen to classical or instrumentals you are going to have everything sound muddy and distorted, that's my impression from a few experiences.

It looks like a jewish crab.
>This snibs the tib :DDD

Attached: 1515439576610.png (496x360, 108K)

nwavguy recommended it

Attached: 1498646079317.jpg (331x260, 25K)

I told you about crabs.

why ?

Audiophool detected.

Yes and your mobo has a shitty audio circuit build around a perhaps capable DAC.

Attached: Craberooni.gif (1200x1096, 88K)

Pretty much why Mac is used in most studios. Asio and Realtek is garbage and I'll put it up against my apogee or even m-audio dac. Also headphones aren't a good judge of anything. Spatially inaccurate, hyped low end especially closed back, and 8th inch is unbalenced

>47 Ohm output impedance

Is's chinkshit and trash

>being this mad

Attached: 11 - HQmyxau.jpg (600x628, 23K)

To run it to an amp like a non-idiot

idk i used it as a line out and it was ok

My old soundblaster 16 couldn't do 70db dynamic range

Studios that aren't playing pretend have non-apple set-ups with a fuckton of pcie cards.

Audiophiles are literally the worst kind of techfag

I'm no audiophile lel I was trying to be cheap but my poorfag laptop was beating the shit out of realtek audio every time, cry more realtek shill.

Guess who's hiding in your laptop waiting to snipp of your dick.

Attached: Craberooni dab.gif (1000x743, 2.53M)

Audiophiles fear the ABX test because it shows the true power of placebo.

>implying DACs are Class A devices
You don’t even know what linear means kid.

>the only good audio chip I have ever used was a fucking apple chip called citrus when I bootcamped windows onto it
>realtek is default trash on everything and natanics is basically a reskin of realtek
I need a USB DAC or something ?

What DAC do you suggest for dt 770 80 ohm?

>w*ndows
found your problem

People want a hobby to spend money on and some devices do have shitty integrated DACs so having one external DAC that's not too expensive and connects to all / most of your devices is a nice solution.

Guess whos hiding under my blanket

Attached: Zeckenbesuch bei der Sucht.jpg (3840x2160, 2.01M)

audio is what tech autists spend their money on because they wont waste their money on clothes like normal people

Attached: this snibs the snab.jpg (511x788, 100K)

I buy socks thats pretty normal

Attached: 1407331400966.jpg (604x516, 52K)