Trackball

How can anyone use these abominations?

Attached: disgusting.jpg (970x647, 134K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/d8ZcB2y80kU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WITH YOUR HANDS YOU FUCKING RETARD

yes but how can you live with yourself you sick fuck

1) you get damage in one hand and is unable to use mouses
2) you wait for it to heal and use trackball with the healthy hand for the time being

I use the ones with finger operated ball. Extremely comfy, at least on my logitech marble mouse. I also have an Elecom HUGE which is an abomination of ergonomics, so I ripped the soft foam and made a new base that rests better in my hand.
The finger operated ones are must have if you do a lot of computer work daily, but if you want to game, better have a regular mouse also.

fpbp

You can if you are permanently stuck in a 90's timewarp.

I started using them about 5 years ago and love them. I have 2 Logi M570s, an Elecom thumb ball and the Elecom huge. It took a bit to get used to them, and moving from thumb balls to the two finger ball on the huge was another leap. I'm pretty satisfied with it months later. My only major nitpick is on the huge there is no way to map a button to drop the dpi for fine precision like on Elecom's thumb balls.

They are objectively better than arm mouses except for FPS

whatever you do don't buy the Logitech MX Ergo

otherwise yes, I use 'em

I'm looking to buy the Kensington Orbit Scroll Ring Trackball
though I heard the scroll wheel/ring is sketchy.
I don't want to operate the ball with my thumb, so OP's is kinda out of the question.

what are some decent trackball mice Jow Forums would recommend?
Is there some infograph?

Attached: 467253-n0[1].jpg (300x293, 12K)

desu. the trackball subreddit has some decent info and posts

Why not?
Was about to pick up an MX Ergo Plus.

thumbnail looked like an ikea sofa

>made a new base that rests better in my hand.
could I see a picture of what you did please? I also have an elecom huge

I kek'd

well at least you shouldn't get it at full retail

in comparison to the MX570:
- battery dead after a month, while the MX570 has lasted me a year on a single AA battery so far
- for charging it requires a USB Micro B with a small head, there's one included but if you tend to lose yours get ready for some cutting
- can't run it purely off the USB cable, you NEED the wireless receiver (or bluetooth), interferes with USB3

these are my main gripes with it

although, one nice point, can switch between two computers with a single button click (one w/ logitech wirelss adapter, one bluetooth) which I use when doing home office

the added platform on the Plus model, idk, surely not worth $20 over the non-Plus model (idk the exact price, Plus model not available where I am)

>- for charging it requires a USB Micro B with a small head, there's one included but if you tend to lose yours get ready for some cutting
>- can't run it purely off the USB cable, you NEED the wireless receiver
some corrections, the MX570 is purely wireless receiver, no usb connector or recharging

Just mouse with the other hand. It isn't hard.

IT'S JUST A JUMP TO THE LEFT

Actually, I already have an MX Master 2S, so I'm already used to these, I mean it can't be worst.
I was waiting to grab one on sale, but I might consider the MX570, thanks user

Attached: lasertrac.jpg (600x600, 57K)

>*crack
>*sip*
>aH, now those ball mouses, those were some good shit

you have to go back

after a bit of looking around
Elecom M-HT1URBK might not be too bad

Attached: 71mak3pqX0L._SL1500_[1].jpg (1500x1500, 156K)

I'm loving mine 9 months later.

It looks like a tumour.

I have had my trackball explorer since it came out and it is still going strong. Trackballs where you just use your thumb are bad in my opinion.

I used to use the M570 and it was not bad, after getting used to it I was basically as accurate as when I used a traditional mouse, then it broke after like a few months or maybe 1 or 2, then I got a new one and decided to just use a vertical mouse and got the anker one, and its pretty good
but the one in OPs pic is way overpriced

Also forgot to add that trackball mice are absolutely horrible for drawing

I have used both finger and thumb trackballs, I have used a Kingston expert for a year and half, I love in general tasks but its not as good as a thumb controlled to gaymes. In older game(dos) menus the mouse buttons take two hits to register or a heavy click. I got a thumb m570 3 weeks ago and it works well in gaymen, maybe more in fact, I seem more accurate in BL2 with snipers than before.
Also the ball in the expert is heavier and double the size than the m570.

Trackballs are just upside down mice.

OP tried to insert it in his anus

Attached: GayPolice.jpg (618x416, 83K)

I've been using the M570 for a couple years now and it's nice, especially when I can rest my hand anywhere and still operate the GUI effectively.

However, the build quality is shit and left click has gone bonkers on two of the ones I have. Looked into the Kensington Expert Mouse but I don't understand how it's ergonomic when you have to move your whole hand.

Just using the thumb is kind of asking for RSI but shit it's better than a normal mouse.

thumb ball sucks
fingerballs are best balls

Attached: microsoft-trackball-explorer-4[1].jpg (570x570, 65K)

Saved my hand when I was working for hours in Ableton slicing stuff manually etc...I started to have my fingers and wrist lock in pain for longer and longer. That's how I investigated trackballs in the first place. I'm on my second M570 now and curious of the others solutions.

You will never know the joys of reclining back in your chair with a foot rest that blows cold in the summer, heat in the winter, with a one handed keyboard in your left hand with keyed up with autohotkey macros, a track ball in your right hand on HOTAS chair mounts. With a Camelback full of ice water hanging off the back of your chair and a folding keyboard tray with your wireless 60% keyboard mounted to it.

Show me.

Never reveal your true power level.

Fucking how?

I think he means vertical mice. Trackballs are better than vertical mice the same way douchebags are better than turd sandwiches.

Even in FPS.
youtu.be/d8ZcB2y80kU

Redpill me on trackballs. I'm currently using a cheap vertical but was considering the LOGitech MX Vertical when it launches.

Inspiring

I want a trackball mouse but at the same time I don't want to spend 30 dollars on something I'm going to realistically use once a month.

I am imagining the fatest fuck groaning in that chair.

I have a Logitech Marbel Trackman and it would be perfect if it weren't for the fact that it doesn't have a fucking middle click.

Yes I know, there is Logitech SetPoint (only available on Windows) but still, it stucks that it wasn't designed with that little detail in mind.

I use that exact same one every single day for 12 hours a day at work.
Never had wrist pain once.

Old (left): HP x4000b. Best mouse on the planet earth as far as I'm concerned, but strained my wrist a bit, so I considered trackball.
New (right): Logi MX Ergo. It's fucking great, though it can strain the thumb and tendon a tad bit if you're all over the place for a long time.

Attached: IMG_3217.jpg (4032x3024, 1.67M)

The thumbnail looks like a rat with glowing eyes looking to the left

You sound jealous at maximum comfy.

I tried a vertical mouse and ended up returning it. It took MORE muscle to move it around. There was now comfortable resting position, unlike a normal mouse.

Trackballs seem like scrolling all day, like it would be worse for your body.

Have they been scams all these years?

I'd never use that piece of shit but real trackballs are great

Attached: Kensington-Expert-Trackball-desk-3-920x518.jpg (920x518, 56K)

Why do you have a hunchback mouse with evil glowy eyes that pierce my soul?

Attached: nohappy.png (651x308, 103K)

The scroll wheels just fine on my orbit. Only problem I've had is that some games and programs are way to scroll sensitive.

I switch between a vertical mouse and regular so i am not over using the same muscles and tendons.
The vertical ones do hurt at first because you are using muscles you don't normally use but if it's a good one it's still forcing you to not rely so heavily on your wrist which helps if the carpal tunnel is getting bad.

>2018
>not having two of them and guiding them with your feet

I'm willing to try again. Do you recommend a certain one? Mine was the Anker for ~$40 USD.

God damn it.

AND A JUMP TO THE RIIIIGHT

I could see this working with really big ones, but it'd still be pretty inaccurate. Might work for emulating analog sticks in a game, but I wouldn't want to use it in a normal desktop environment to click on things that need precision.