Got laptop need OS

I like to lurk Jow Forums from time to time and laugh at fag/g/ots arguing about Intel vs. AMD over and over again. But the time to post has come.
I need an OS for a laptop that sips as low battery as possible or at least offers a lot of power management options, and is friendly with new and inexperienced users (used only Windows all my life so i have 0 clues about shit)
Laptop specs are i5 8250u, mx 150, 1tb hdd, 4gb ram

Attached: windowsvslinux-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 41K)

Linux with TLP. Install Nvidia drivers and disable the gpu. Enable it when you need it. Or stick with windows. Nvidia are faggots and refuse to make their shit work properly on Linux while AMD and Intel has their shit built into the kernel and it just werks

Just stick with Windows, you're never going to get the benefits of using Linux if all you're using it for is posting. You're just going to get all of the arse ache of using Linux on a laptop.

But which Linux distro do you recommend? Which isn't that resource heavy? Let's say i may also consider gaymin with Valve's new Linux stuff

Probably the OS that the laptop was designed around would be best. As in, Windows.

I considered this but i fear it killing my battery

If you are willing to learn, Fedora is easily the best diestro out there.

It's pretty funny because in the manual of the laptop they put a Windows guide but it comes with Endless OS because of poverty.

Noted, tyvm

Kubuntu

Most Linux software IS resource heavy because it is not optimized for the hardware. The firmware, drivers, and software were designed to 'just werk'. They weren't designed with efficiency in mind in order to compete with other laptop manufacturers.

Meanwhile the engineers of the laptop actually had to put in effort to make everything work together well in order to compete against the other manufacturers. If they could have put Linux on it to get an extra 1+ hours of battery life then they would have.

Xubuntu or Kubuntu. Plenty of guides for Ubuntu. Nvida let's you select to use the Intel iGPU only (disabled the dgpu) so that'll save battery and then you can switch to the dgpu when you want to game.

Don't talk about shit you have no idea about.

I can assure you that Linux will consume more battery life than Windows.

False. It matches windows in most cases. Sometimes even better because of further optimization you can do

if you want to try linux use linux mint becuz it's as windows as linux distros get (in terms of ease of use)

Will try all of these. Anything else to add on the list?
>inb4 instal gentooa

Forgot pic

Attached: Screenshot_20180827-210303.png (1080x1920, 66K)

For what you need, there's not much else to try desu.

>Don't talk about shit you have no idea about.
ah yes because the engineers designing these laptops are so dumb lmao

Thank you all very much! I expected more ironic responses and memes but it seems i memed myself.

I'm not calling them dumb. I'm calling you unless you are larping as one of these engineers

>sips as low battery as possible
Windows 10
Loonix still has problems with optimus and intlel speedstep

>Linux
>designed to "just werk"

Are we talking about the same thing here? Kek

This can be the case, but it can just as easily not be the case. Too many factors to generalize that hard.

huh? do you know what LARP means?

You clearly don't

Windows 10 is very battery efficient. Doubled my werk time on my ThinkPad’s old battery.

Ubuntu, seriously. There's not much to chose between the difference distros so just make life easy for yourself and pick the one with the largest community.

nVidia works fine for me.

I hope so. I have a Dell XPS 15 coming in and gonna try to install Ubuntu on it.