/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Create a parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a guide for your socket

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose and graphics card pairing.
>Don't use Speccy. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.
>For Win7 in Ryzen, refer to pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1 (embed)

CPU
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>Wait for 9700k - Almost surely best for 1080p gaming
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than current GPUs. Just a marketing gimmick to rip off idiots
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others which have small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56 /w Freesync, 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti, but awful value.
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>___sync is important for slower response time monitors (IPS)
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous

Attached: perfrel_1920_1080.png (500x970, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-rtx-gpus-worth-the-money,37689.html
tomshardware.com/answers/id-3689852/8400-outperforms-ryzen-2600-gaming.html
pcpartpicker.com/user/Amm
pcpartpicker.com/list/KBLHq4
pcpartpicker.com/user/Ammeizing/saved/TcBLJx
slickdeals.net/f/11979227-ebay-sitewide-15-off-min-purchase-25-max-discount-100-starts-08-28?src=SiteSearchV2_SearchBarV2Algo1
pcpartpicker.com/list/BM79w6
digitaltrends.com/monitor-reviews/benq-pd3200u-review/
digitaltrends.com/monitor-reviews/benq-ex3501r-review/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Previous

reposting.
found this used offer at 750€ ( reads about 800€ given we'll have to drive to that place ).
it might come with a free monitor, but i don't know much about it.

should i take it?tomorrow i am gonna call him. what questions should i ask him aside for the free monitor and pickup time?

i can wait until december to buy and perhaps even go above 750€ budget, but probably not enough to breach the 1080p barrier anyway. and people seem to agree we won't see mid-level GPU becoming cheaper any time soon.

Attached: Capture.png (262x136, 7K)

Will anything less than a 1080 Ti realistically see you through the next gen (PS5) era?
I don’t see the point in saving a few hundred on an approx $2K expense if it won’t give longevity

Is the RX 580 a good budget card to pair with an R7 1700? I'm playing at 1080p.

>saw anons arguing about Intel vs amd 2600

>Was just about to buy a 2600, mobo, and ram to support it

>Intel guy said that it's cheaper to get the Intel cpu for $200 than to go amd

Which one bros. I don't know which cpu to get anymore.

So let's assume that the 2600 is worse by what, 5-10 fps compared to the 8400? You're buying a locked CPU, no HT, stuck on a dead platform, (because you won't be buying a z370 if you're getting a 8400), security issues with Spectre/Meltdown, can't OC ram and it's hitting 90-100% usage in most games.

Or you get the 2600 for slightly more overall, get better ram and you can keep your build up to date *at least* until 2020 by just upgrading the CPU. And you lose 5-10 fps at 1080p in some games.

You add $50 more expensive RAM (b-die) and you get a CPU that's like 5-7% faster. That's well worth the extra $20 more.
You're retarded and your argument holds no water.

It only somewhat made sense when the i5-8400 cost less than the 2600, and the faster RAM made the 2600 even more expensive. I mostly agreed then, if someone had a tight budget and couldn't spend $60 more. Also B450 boards weren't out back then. That's not true anymore, and you're a fucking retard shill to cling to do that still after prices have drastically changed.
Even if you don't get the B-die RAM, simply taking a 2666 or 2800 kit and overclocking it to 3200 CL16/15 on a cheap B450M board makes the 2600 MASSIVELY better value.

With no upgrade path. And you wouldn't be able to upgrade the cheap 2666 RAM on the i5-8400 then to get more value from it.

Can you not see what little sense his "argument" makes?

That's a pretty shit build. Probably slow RAM as well.

Hard to believe you can't build that yourself and better for cheaper new.

>pay significantly more by % for potentially inferior or comparative thing
>m-muh future upgrades m-muh ht
kek

>stuck on a dead platform
No one upgrades every year
>security issues
They only affect database servers not normal people
>90-100% usage
Only in 2 cherrypicked games
>no HT
Irrelevant for gayming

Let me guess. Tomshardware is also a shill amirite?

Attached: IMG_20180828_023605.jpg (1080x1838, 178K)

>Tomshardware is also a shill amirite?
Yes. Did you not see their article telling people to just buy the 2080 series? tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-rtx-gpus-worth-the-money,37689.html

Except in that scenario where you get faster RAM, you get higher FPS, you fucktard. You can also just get slower RAM and overclock it on B450 yourself so it's fast and beats the 8400.
THE BENCHMARKS YOU LINKED YOURSELF SHOW THAT. HOW ARE YOU THIS DUMB?
You have to be trolling.

Threadly reminder that the Ryzen 2600 is inferior to the i5-8400 for someone looking for a midrange gaming system.

>s-s-shut up!
>S-S-S-S-SPEND MORE MONEY AND HOPE YOU GET A GOOD OVERCLOCK FOR THE SAME PERFORMANCE GOYIM...!
fucking kek

>EVERYONE IS A SHILL EXCEPT ME
ok

Not true.
You're guaranteed more performance out of RAM by overclocking it. Who do you think you're actually going to manipulate in this way when you make so obvious that you're lying?
Samefag.

That one is worth screencapping. The absolute BTFO.

Attached: vivaldi_2018-08-27_19-38-38.png (1527x534, 103K)

>Wait for 9700k - Almost surely best for 1080p gaming

And almost surely best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform.

>when the AMD marketing department's best sales pitch is that you can spend 50% more and waste time OCing to get the same performance because muh future upgrades

Attached: laughing woody.jpg (269x319, 8K)

>Tomshardware is also a shill
>post article proving they're a shill
I shill for whoever the best company the job is. Are you really going to say that a company who's Editor in Chief is trying to sell you a $1200 GPU before it even releases isn't a shill? And I came from a 4690k so it's not like I'm AMD or bust. Let me know when Intel stops locking their CPUs, using shitty tim on top of all the other reasons the 2600 is the better buy for long term use.

>Haven't decided on 2600 or 8400

>Anons are arguing

Holy shit I hope someone wins the argument because I need my gaming cpu NOW.

If nobody wins I'll just ask Reddit (yes, the Reddit that we all hate)k orcpart picker. Tired of this.

>Intel has the best high-end chip
>Intel has the best value chip
NOOO!
BUY AMD!
YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO UPGRADE A YEAR OR TWO FROM NOW SO SPEND 40% MORE NOW!

Attached: merchant scared reverse.png (193x243, 22K)

The issue is basically settled.
tomshardware.com/answers/id-3689852/8400-outperforms-ryzen-2600-gaming.html

The 2600 is a good chip, but you have to spend much more money (better RAM, better motherboard) just to make it perform basically on par with the 8400, and on top of that, you have to get a good OC chip. If you're unlucky, you'll get one that can't even OC as well as the chips in the reviews.

>and waste time OCing
The irony is they charge you a premium for the mere privilege of being able to OC.

>Tomsshillware
>buy it now

You are posting graphs from that site all the time wtf lmfao.
He literally says buy it if you can afford it. So if someone makes 10 grand a month he shouldnt buy one because it's bad value?

>chinaman tries to earn a living by making positive posts about AMD to feed his one child
>Jow Forums shits on him and treats him like the scum of the earth
He's just trying to do his best, guys.

Attached: [HorribleSubs]_Fate_Kaleid_Liner_PRISMA_ILYA_-_02_[720p].mkv_snapshot_02.49_[2013.07.19_15.36.36].jp (1280x720, 77K)

>w-w-w-well you can OC our shitty chip so spend 50% more and OC it so it just matches the other one...!

im in need of an upgrade if anyone is willing to help

>current set up that needs upgrading
CPU: i5 4670k 3.4 ghz(base clock, never overlocked)
GPU: 1050 TI (use to have 780 but it crapped out for unknown reasons)
mobo: gigabyte ep45 ud3p
Monitor: flatron m2762d

Short term budget (for CPU and mobo only): $400-$450.

long term budget (for GPU and monitor): $800-$900

total budget: ($1300-$1400)

i can probably afford to do this all in one go, but i really want to pace myself instead. id get my CPU and mobo first this week for my payday and GPU and monitor in 2 weeks next pay day. i dont think i need ram, but i do have the standard 8gb.

any suggestions? my goal is to have PC run VR and all modern and future games on ultra/highest settings for ATLEAST the next 5-6 years without having to upgrade again. that was the plan with my last set up, but the unknown problems with my gtx 780 forced me to downgrade to a 1050TI and prevented that. because of said downgrade im noticing my CPU is holding me back from certain games, and i cant replace it without also replacing mobo.

so basically this time around i want to go a little bit ham. i can increase budget if i need to. any suggestions? i know GPU prices are still in the shitter, but i can no longer wait for them to go down..

>Unless you plan to upgrade your GPU every year, you're going to be stuck with technology that looks much more outdated in 2019 and 2020 than it does in 2018. Yes, there are only 11 announced games that support ray tracing and only 16 that support DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling), but there will be a lot more in the months and years ahead. Do you want to put yourself behind the curve?

He's basically saying, "Yeah previous tech may be good now, but what about 3 years from now? You should buy the RTX serious just in case." The GN video pretty much goes over why the entire premise of the video is dumb without benchmarks.

>So if someone makes 10 grand a month he shouldnt buy one because it's bad value?
Because it's an unknown value. People who make 10k a month don't make it because they buy any random thing. They invest wisely.

>toms "justbuyit" hardware

Attached: 1334234449518.gif (216x119, 187K)

So when is i5-9400 coming out and will it be 6 core?

>has been spamming graphs about the vegas from tom's hardware all the time
>calls him a shill when he doesn't agree with him
Fucking kek. I'm not even part of this dumb debate that's being going on but god damn your shilling is so obvious.

>However, what these price-panicked pundits don't understand is that there's value in being an early adopter.
>When your whole life flashes before your eyes, how much of it do you want to not have ray tracing?
>The time you spend waiting and complaining about it being overpriced is time you could be gaming with the most realistic user experience available.
>Just buy it
How anyone can not see Tom's Hardware isn't a shill website is beyond me. The Editor in Chief wrote this shit.

Buy a 2600 if you can afford it.

lol

>just pay 50% more for a midrange CPU, goyim

clock_watchdog_timeout

Anyone know how to fix this issue on Windows 10?
YouTube guide comments are filled with "still not working" and it's all too true.

My new PC won't stop crashing.

Attached: 1534389382404m.jpg (777x1024, 52K)

Ayy, Just copped a ftw3 1080 Ti for $440. How good is that?

stop overclocking

watchdog is your CPU timer, it goes out of wack so windows eliminates processes not to harm your CPU

All it means is that your OC is shit

Dead in 6 months btw

i bought evga 1080ti sc2. how fucked am i?

I can't decide on a monitor. Feels like I won't know which one feels best until I try them. Dunno whether to go for higher res or higher refresh rate.

I have the BIOS set to default.
I don't believe I'm overclocking.

It's a Ryzen 2600X?

I just want to play Counter Strike damn it, six months now without CS.

Attached: 1534300994691.jpg (700x1053, 349K)

So, this is my current setup (pic related). I'm getting a new Motherboard tomorrow because unfortunately mine is dying. What i wanted to ask is how's my CPU? It was good back when i got it in 2013 but i fear that it might have not held up since then. If that's the case i might consider getting a new one tomorrow.

Attached: specs.png (640x576, 64K)

Either get ready to replace the fans or put it in a liquid cooling loop. Only reason someone would sell it for so cheap is if they ran the shit out if it. Amazing price if it's working great though.

Disable pbo if its on check your bios options for some reason it was on by default on mine.

I need help on a potential cuck build. Im willing to drop $2k on a build that lasts me atleast more than 2 years.

pcpartpicker.com/user/Amm
eizing/saved/TcBLJx

Also I barely got my minimum wage slave job so I prob wont be able to get this till early next year which hopefully the 1080ti GayPU goes up in price since rn seems like the perfect time to buy it.

Hey Jow Forums,
This is my current desktop from ~2012 I think. I need to be working on 3d rendering + physics simulations + vr stuff these days, so the build I ended up looking at looks like this: pcpartpicker.com/list/KBLHq4

I'm trying to go big bang small case, quiet as possible without going liquid. Does the NHD15 fit the mATX case? Are dual IPS monitors really worth it? If there's anything else I might have missed or am unintentially bottlenecking on my build that aren't obvious to me, any help would be great

Attached: spects.png (651x581, 101K)

Wtf the links being gay
pcpartpicker.com/user/Ammeizing/saved/TcBLJx

How many of you actually use adaptive sync?
I have a 1060 and a g sync monitor, but don't notice any difference and never see any screen tearing.

My mobo is a MSI B450 - there's no pbo option in the bios

Help me, user before I sell this thing and buy some overpriced Alienware

Attached: 1534937829381.png (465x350, 55K)

isnt that the point?

I used freesync back when I had an AMD card. I bought a 1080 ti and still that same monitor and I really didn't notice any difference when not using it anymore.

Should have been more clear, I don't see any screen tearing when it's off.

I wish they would show older popular processors in these, like the 2500k, 4790k, and fx8350

alot of shitposting, but no actual helping. this is why Jow Forums is shit. i guess reddit really is the new Jow Forums

>already got:
>m-itx casing and 400w psu
>ryzen 2400g, got it during sale for around $110
>4x2 ddr4 3000mhz ram
>no b450 itx mobo in my country
Suffering. I think I will try to sell the APU and see what's on the store when the motherboard finally on stock. When will raven ridge refresh released?

Sorry for the blank post check all of your cpu overclock options it should be one of them I have a b450a pro so it should be similar if not identical to yours.

oof, ideally reusing any existing components too, just not sure which to recycle if any..and in general, does anyone ever use old builds or laptops for anything fun?

Would a 2200g or i3 8100 have any issues with high resolution 2d art in Sai or Photoshop.
Looking to build the cheapest pc for an digital artist
I just dont know if they would need a cheap

It’s actually $520 but I’m paying for it tomorrow with the 15% eBay sale.

Under CPU features in the bios it's called precision boost overdrive disable that and pbo scalar.

1440p 60hz IPS

or

1440p 144hz TN gsync

i mostly play rpgs and action games

What GPU?

I've been looking for a discount code on ebay. What is it?

Do I disable the PBO scalar option as well?

Attached: 1534379212530.png (347x469, 210K)

1080ti

How dangerous is it to stand on a carpet? The computer is on a wood table. I can also build it naked

Testing now

Attached: 1533310414853.jpg (657x527, 44K)

144hz panel then. 1440p/60 will probably allow you to max everything out and still have some headroom, but you could probably hit 120-144 if you turned down some settings. Depends on how important refresh rate is to you vs graphics.

You'll have to shave your carpet down if it's synthetic. They sell special carpet shears on Amazon for this. Search for 'Anti-Static electric shears'

Can't believe the ayymd shill recommended an RX 580 to some guy who was asking about 1070 price drops
JUST

You idiot, why buy a TN panel for your 144hz display? Get IPS, TN looks like ass.

It crashed again

PBO disabling did not fix clock_watchdog_timeout

Attached: 1534873604409.jpg (460x259, 17K)

>Depends on how important refresh rate is to you vs graphics.
Because he has to choose between 60hz and 144hz. If he cares more about fps then the 144hz panel will be better for his 1080ti. He didn't mention a 144hz IPS.

Hmm check your temperatures what are they at? Also try to disable any boost that's in the bios

just go barefoot and touch a grounded metal thing every now and then, you will have zero issues

son of a fucking bitch, I just made a large purchase yesterday and I didn't notice they'd have a code today/tomorrow
damn it.

Turning off core performance boost

Temp is 44C CPU and 35C Mobo

Attached: 20180822_055414.png (500x758, 195K)

so im looking for a graphics card that is capable of outputting analog; i dont want to use any active converters either. i also want the graphics card to be able to use free open source drivers on linux.
what is the best card that meets this criteria that i could get?

Crashed again

I fucking hate life

Attached: 1532538814405.png (650x653, 190K)

60hz+ IPS panels always look worse, change my mind. This is why I'm not upgrading to 1440p 144hz now, gonna wait for better tech to come out.

I can't even find what the fucking code is. I don't see anything for labor day or summer.

info:
slickdeals.net/f/11979227-ebay-sitewide-15-off-min-purchase-25-max-discount-100-starts-08-28?src=SiteSearchV2_SearchBarV2Algo1

apparently it's: PREGAME15
godspeed user, use it in good health :^)

>worse
than what?

>The coupon will start on Tuesday, August 28, 2018.
Ah it's not active yet. That's why I couldn't find it on the actual website. It's only 1 day too. Good deal, but I wish we had actual 20 series benchmarks now.

worse than regular 60hz panels retard

you want to discuss this yet you're acting like a dumb kid, maybe think before you speak next time you zoomer fuck

Use pc part picker and people will likely be more inclined to look. I'm a brainlet which is why I can't help

buump

Sale starts tomorrow, 11AM, EST. I just got it today so I don’t have to scramble for a deal tomorrow.

What can I do with an old GTX 470 besides use it for a heater?

I still need help if anyone has answers

Attached: 1531180005189.jpg (637x358, 35K)

how well do you think this build is going to handle cyberpunk?

pcpartpicker.com/list/BM79w6

Attached: ns58356205f220dpussyscpwsfbx.jpg (960x528, 32K)

Suicide is the only answer.

cybercunt can't even get 30fps on a 1080ti LOL

Thanks

Attached: 1534735367954m.jpg (925x1024, 80K)

In what way is IPS still better than VA?

digitaltrends.com/monitor-reviews/benq-pd3200u-review/
digitaltrends.com/monitor-reviews/benq-ex3501r-review/

The VA panel has a higher refresh rate, higher contrast ratio, and covers a wider color gamut. It seems like it only loses on color accuracy by a pretty small margin. Given that the VA panel is curved, I would think that the viewing angle is less important than it would be for a really big flat panel. The're roughly the same price and same size (area). Am I missing something?