/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

FUCK RED edition

>Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
- FAQ pastebin.com/thLgSkNE
- WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
- PYRAMID i.imgur.com/Xb6bazc.jpg
- INVITE FORUMS imgur.com/a/jmAJNyN
- RANKING TIPS pastebin.com/qviqpzQK
- TRACKER LIST docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zYZ2107xOZwQ37AjLTc5A4dUJl0ilg8oMrZyA0BGvc0/edit#gid=1357476050
- TEN CURRY COMMANDMENTS pastebin.com/raw/dBbdE73M
- TEN NEON COMMANDMENTS pastebin.com/raw/Ud2pGYaE

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

News:
user is stupid and a cunt REDtarded user's intelligent plan for infinite buffer 15 FL tokens at RED + Artist Capitalization /marked/ meme has reached new highs THE LOO IS NOT DEAD reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/9aitg6/apl_there_is_hope/
Redtopia reaches 2.5k torrents, barzooplestan

old thread

Attached: 1493428263898.gif (640x360, 917K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nUybZC32f1Y
reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/9amf5k/15_more_tokens_up_at_red_all_tokens_now_expire/e4y1hrn/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

/marked/ meme has reached new highs

why did you quote twice?

because OP is stupid and a cunt

Why bother with Red when Deezloader is a thing?

Does Bibliotik have college books?

Hi-rez and super niche music. Deezloader is amazing otherwise.

All books on BIB are 22+

What do you mean Hi-rez?
Deezloader is flac right? I checked with Spek theyre all real flacs

CD quality flacs; Hi-rez means SACD, 24-bit web and the like.

So pretty much autism for normal listening right?

Yes!

If you have the equipment/ears then it's great, otherwise autism.

should i put some effort into redtopia or should i hope that apl comes back

apl is dead. pump some shit into memetopia and download the big packs to build buffer and bp to request stuff from redacted in the future

if you are smart, you could use both redtopia and redacted for great personal gains

>deleted 50 apoo torrents
feels fuckin good m8s

autism, otherwise autism.

Switching from Deluge to rtorrent right now. Which webui should I use? Deciding between rutorrent and flood right now

did you like my meme evolution

>50
no wonder you hate apl you were not seeding enough to trully reap the benefits of their innovations

>innovations
don't tell me apoo finally got toilets installed just to lose their servers?
maybe the poolets were right, toilet witches are a thing

rutorrent

flood if you like pointless whitespace and other modern ui trends :^)

i vote ru

>nearly two years since What died
>music trackers are STILL terrible

seedboxers and autosnatchers ruined music trackers

Hard economies encouraged BS like that in the first place.

Just got my APL invite.

+1

redacted being the stepping stone for other more desireable trackers is the issue. no one actually listens to music on red, its just a ratio proving ground

how to easily fix red:
1. introduce bonus point system
2. end interview system, close the entire website for entry unless you get an invite. do open sign ups once every few months and put newbies in a very restrictive class(no upload, few downloads per week etc)

they don't even need to use bonus points. all they have to do is cap the ratio. once you hit 50 gigs downloaded you get caped at a 2 ratio. that will completely remove the incentive to hoard and fuck the system.

What about a BIB style system? X hundreds of uploads and the site becomes ratio free?

please /part

why aren't you putting your money where your mouth is and supportinG REDTOPIA?

nice try alastor i mean vinnie

WHAT THE FUCK

Attached: file.png (400x53, 4K)

What's the best blu-ray drive for ripping CDs?
Budget: US$100

that's not how lim works wtf

>manually downloading in 2018

autosnatching is fine for tv/movies, for music trackers we all know its just for buffer cunts

pioneer
not lite-on shite

just got my db9 invite

>be capped at 2 @ 50GB
>discover new genre
>go to RED to download the top 250 releases in the genre
>ooops, not enough buffer for that, sorry
Get fucked. I do the above at least twice a year, why should my use of the tracker be crippled because you don't know how to make the system work for you? Either make a useful suggestion (BP or other form of soft economy) or shut the fuck up.

Which one of these?

Attached: 312312312.png (981x302, 105K)

Autosnatching is fine for all trackers, what kind of mouth-breather must you be to sit and manually snatch the content you want? Piracy is about convenience for me, if I had to manual!y download everything I may as well just buy it from a webstore.

phishing AB staff so i can ban myself

Based and Rep pilled

Who the fuck uses a Br drive for ripping? What a waste of money

someone who is going to rip BDs?

REDTARDED is down, long live REDTOPIA!

I planning to rip both CDs and BDs.

Yet another reason Redtopia reigns supreme!

seems like VINNIE released the ddos on redtarded as punishment for their fucking behavior towards APL?

Is it just me or did OT gain 200+ users overnight?

we all know you autosnatch for buffer, you aren't fooling anyone

Sinderella refugees

What's better, a larger correction offset or a smaller one? with EAC.

Any trackers good for software not aimed at your average Cancerbook normie? I'm talking shit like backend, development, corporate etc.

Only now? I thought it was coming back soon™

Obligatory FUCK RED post

B-But... TOKENS!!

I autosnatch artists and labels I'm interested in, which as a side effect gives me buffer to use downloading things I find by-chance or have recommended to me. There is nothing stopping you from doing the same thing, but you'd rather sit and complain about people making the tracker work for them than do anything to change your situation.

Autism.

so it doesnt work for your dumb shit downloading practices, lmao. you do realize the more you download the more buffer you can get right?

it really doesn't need a bonus point system. for one having a BP system makes users complacent since they can just sit on their seeding files and farm BP, completely negating any reason to bother uploading content. and two we get so many FL tokens that it makes a bp system pointless regardless. just by being on RED these past few months you have been able to snatch 100+ albums with no hit to your ratio. the same user that would benefit from BP is already benefiting from the many tokens they constantly give away..
And no reason to end interviews really. it's easy as fuck and frankly serve as a neon filter in the majority of cases. unless the endgame here is to laugh at how many open reg users get disabled the first day they join i don't see how this would fix any problem RED has. BP at least has some merits worth arguing.
lol. people already complain about free bandcamp shit imagine what would happen if you only needed 100 uploads for it to be ratio free

red has a notification system built into the site for just that purpose... you just want muh buffer

Sometimes they have different masterings compared to the originals.

Anyway, just popping in from the library to say: fuck redacted.ch

Question: What makes music trackers so special vs. others that their users HAVE to upload new content or they're undeserving of their place on the site and why, when given an alternative that encourages both uploading of new content and subsequent downloading do you instantly write it off as a terrible idea?

RED down! RED down! Pooloo cucks get their retribution!

The better RED isn't down

smol

there's something about music trackers that really brings out the autists

This

>Switching from Deluge to rtorrent
i'm not on any private trackers, but i heard that deluge is better than rtorrent for private trackers. was i lied to?

that's not a real ratio formula

oh hey theres my news

it was AB's old nips formula

LADS.. PATH TO GREENTOPIA?

deluge is apparently better for racing according to all the seedbox shitlickers here

please don't

Attached: kisspng-clc-south-korea-k-pop-cafe-mocha-please-pepe-5af0fb9974f216.532283921525742489479.jpg (900x600, 88K)

yeah, that's exactly what happened

Attached: download (1).jpg (225x225, 7K)

whatever is necessary for your drive

epic
i didn't know vinnie was so based

ivilivi DEMOTED

fuck yeah

yikes

>ivilivi PT DN (Legend)
HELL YEAH
beats get the FUCK in here

youtube.com/watch?v=nUybZC32f1Y

i actually managed to write a reply that hit the char limit here so i'll just post a more distilled version
other trackers (say movie,tv,general trackers etc) needed bonus points because nobody would seed large files otherwise unless it was from the goodness of their heart. music on the other hand is small and makes such a tiny dent on your hard drive that you can keep a large collection while still being smaller than a Remux of your favorite movie.
anyone can upload music while not everyone can upload tv/movies and games. while people here ironically or not scoff at the idea that people actually care about uploading on redacted for the sake of sharing and not just for the purpose of reaching whatever cabal tracker they want to get into the numbers of people seeding and the number of request speak for themselves. if APL ever comes back check out how many people downloaded the freeleech torrents and see how many did so for the same album on RED, you might get surprised at the number in each one.
Music is easy as shit to get and you can constantly upload new music and not pay a single dime doing so, and i'm not even talking about bandcamp shit.
like i mentioned before if you want to be the eternal leech feel free to wait for tokens and call it a day. they are given out so frequently you could argubaly have more tokens from that faster than you could get the sam amount on apl. nobody cares if you do so, nobody is going to send you a pm and call you names because you have no buffer and haven't uploaded even one web flac from deezer.

HOLY SHIT

>needed bonus points because nobody would seed large files otherwise unless it was from the goodness of their heart.

uh...no.

with one move like this top staff at redtarded have proofed they are once again back in the tracker game and will listen to their community. methinks this was a reaction to the backlash when iivllivi was fucking up by banning beats and other dumb behavior coupled with the strong first showing and launch by REDTOPIA. will this be enough to get back redtarded users and the respect that the tracker had lost by fucking over their community? only time will answer.

>ivilivi BTFO
>Rules regress
beats unbanned when

they offered to let him back in but he told them to fuck off because he was going full steam ahead with REDTOPIA

based

Who is this? reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/9amf5k/15_more_tokens_up_at_red_all_tokens_now_expire/e4y1hrn/

/ /

see

looking at ivi's recent posts I don't think he saw it coming.

good riddance asshole.

>Does Bibliotik have college books?
Not really. Maybe the popular ones, but LibGen's gonna be better.