When did you realize that apple was garbage

When did you realize that apple was garbage.

Pic related, from my computer today.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at 10.20.29 AM.png (992x394, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

openbsd.org/macppc.html
wiki.netbsd.org/ports/macppc/
download.freebsd.org/ftp/releases/powerpc/powerpc/ISO-IMAGES/11.2/
openbsd.org/63.html
cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/16.04.5/release/
gentoo.org/downloads/
macintoshrepository.org/12343-mac-os-x-10-4-tiger-for-ppc
archive.org/details/Apple_MacOS_X_Tiger_Install_DVD
macintoshgarden.org/apps/mac-osx-mac-os-10-ppc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not having a physical kit and taking on the phone about the moves you took.

>taking on the phone
get lost underage b&

Attached: Soviet_postcard_for_correspondence_chess.jpg (1796x2577, 973K)

>tfw can read but not understand

>1.2gb

Back in 1996.

Attached: 1535011543407.jpg (800x604, 108K)

MACTODDLERS BTFO

I always knew Apple was garbage.

thistbhfam

windows 10 version

Attached: 1535466185310.png (992x394, 55K)

What's a really easy laptop to put macos on?

>apple makes a bloated feature an optional download
how is this bad?

>fagos
Found your problem.

underrated

when i decided to try out an older imac because Jow Forums memays and got 0.1 mb/s download speeds
i want my thinkpad back

And what is wrong with that?
PEBKAC

>macshit
Found your problem.

>doesn't include bloat and allows you to opt-in
I don't thinks that's bad.

Perhaps your ISP is garbage if you’re complaining about a download that’s a little over 1GB.

well it was 40 bucks from the second hand store so...
is there anything i could use it for other than browsing image boards?
some have said to install gentoo or openBSD but i think it may just be a hardware thing limiting it
(its g5 imac powerpc for those wondering)

>some have said to install gentoo or openBSD
Debian and Ubuntu also support PPC. Give it a try. If you're just web browsing then it should still be a good machine, just make sure you upgrade to SSD.

i have ubuntu on a cd but everytime i insert it the computer just spits it back out, ive tried putting it in then rebooting to see if it would work but it had the same result, i would like to download it but at the speeds im seeing on even small downloads it would probably take the better part of a day just to download it
would it work if i could get it on a usb stick somehow?

>would it work if i could get it on a usb stick somehow?
USB boot can work but it requires you to go into Open Firmware and manually boot. Are you sure you're using the correct ISO?

>ur using it rong!!!!
Mactoddlerism.

Attached: 1533764857820.jpg (996x954, 319K)

im not sure, ive had the disk for a while, all i did was download it then put it on a disk, ive gotten it to work with a different computer once before but it wasnt a mac
ive tried changing the settings for disks in the system preferences but im not even sure it has a program to read the disk in all honesty

You need a specific media for PPC, the x86/x64 you have won't work

what kind of media? this is the first any only mac ive ever owned, so i dont know much about it

In addition to these, I recommend you get Mac OS X Tiger and Leopard to dick around with. Tiger is an amazing OS and still has a supported browser and can still get newer software with tigerbrew.

Source-based distros will give you newer software but you will have to wait a few millenia for it to compile.

openbsd.org/macppc.html

wiki.netbsd.org/ports/macppc/

download.freebsd.org/ftp/releases/powerpc/powerpc/ISO-IMAGES/11.2/

openbsd.org/63.html

cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/16.04.5/release/

gentoo.org/downloads/

>fagOS

no

MacBook Pro 2015

well currently i have OS X leopard (10.5.8) and most of the programs i download are incompatible with it for some reason
other than net browsing i would like to emulate some of the games from Macintosh garden but most of those are only compatible with older architectures, and im having trouble with the emulators as well as some of them wont even install

>well currently i have OS X leopard (10.5.8) and most of the programs i download are incompatible with it for some reason
Because they aren't universal binaries. They're Intel-only.
>other than net browsing i would like to emulate some of the games from Macintosh garden but most of those are only compatible with older architectures, and im having trouble with the emulators as well as some of them wont even install
Install Tiger. Tiger has Classic mode and most of that stuff should Just Werk.

>macshit
No thanks.

could you give me a pointer as to where i can find a download of tiger? the apple website perhaps? a quick search only brings up install disks from amazon

Torrenting is pretty much the only way to get it unless you want to pay for a copy from eBay. Just make sure it's PPC and not Intel.

My mom has like 20 Applel products and is practically tech illiterate. She's also a self-made double digit millionaire so I literally have no argument against her

ive never torrented anything, could you give me a quick run down of what all it involves, potential risks, any necessary programs, etc

NVM, just try this
macintoshrepository.org/12343-mac-os-x-10-4-tiger-for-ppc

>fagOS botnet trash
No thanks.

>67355523
>look mom i posted it again

>implying everything isnt botnet
ill give a try, anything i should know before going balls deep?

says that i cant download it, even with a member account the limit is 1 gig download

2003 trying to use homOSeX
Literally every fucking program crashed with a smoke "puff" for fucking no reason at all. You don't get an error code, you don't get an error message, you don't even get to save. Fuck Apple, and fuck their abortion of a toy OS masquerading as a real OS.

fake and gay

Find a torrent. Use this client to download:
transmissionbt.com

You’re the toddler here if you can’t afford a decent service. But don’t worry. If you study well, you’ll be able to work as good as grown-ups do after you finish your school and then a college or a university.

I bet you're the coolest bro in the computer lab.

Try this torrent:
archive.org/details/Apple_MacOS_X_Tiger_Install_DVD

When I was preparing my wife's MacBook to sell... Holy crap, how do people think Mac's are simple? It's so convuluted to do the most basic tasks. Also the update process is literally Windows 7 tier. Had to update about 5 times from a reformat install

Can try this as well:
macintoshgarden.org/apps/mac-osx-mac-os-10-ppc

It's simple for people who can't into computers.