Why don't you own an all in one PC ?

Why don't you own an all in one PC ?

Attached: u_10168943.jpg (1000x887, 79K)

Why would I buy a laptop that I can't take with me?

I do. I have a cellphone.

because i never want to touch that piece of shit

>no customization
>shitty thermals
sounds like an apple product

Because I like easily replaceable parts

not a desklet

Because no path to upgrade and limited repair options when something breaks. They are for people who can't into computers and are easily scammed into buying a new one every couple of months. My mother-in-law loves these things because "I don't have to buy a separate monitor or hook anything up to the tower." She gets them from rent-to-own places and when they shit the bed after less than six months, they just rent her a whole new all over again so she's always paying someone else to rent a shitty PC thinking she's getting a good deal.

because I'm not attracted to men

My next one just might be. Already bought ataribox as a MiniPC.

I like the idea of them because I have a massive mess of cables with no decent way to manage them, but they're fucking expensive, and my PC still works.

Only the iMac is any decent these days. HP made a good one once. The Dell ones suck.

Because I have a small case behind a big monitor and never notice the difference.

It's like all the downsides of a laptop but without the upsides.

i own one

I've got 5 AIOs

>yfw all-in-one PCs aren't actually all-in-one

It's not really an all in one if you cant hit the monitor

Attached: 1526615781066.jpg (957x621, 90K)

>massive mess of cables

That shit needs a power cable too. Then you need one for the speakers unless you're deaf. Then you'll soon have an USB hub dangling off it because fuck reaching around to plug shit in. Now your desk already looks like a fucking mess, and you're stuck with a desktop laptop.

Attached: www.bueroshop24.jpg (1000x1000, 88K)

Have a couple of base spec dell7775 in the office, UK version gets a small ssd to make it non-cancerous. r5 1400 is plenty for office and I occasionally use it as an extra render node and when it's needed to run a video game it can do that as well with a 560. A bit much at £999 but worth as it's hassle free, all our other windows workstations are hand built and I sometimes need to do other work.

Why would I need one if I have enourgh space to have a normal one?

I do. My 2013 iMac has lasted pretty well.

>Single point of failure is the screen, the most fragile point of any computer setup
No thx lol

>all in one pc
cellphone
laptop

>desktop monitor breaks
>replace it
vs
>AIO monitor breaks
>replace it

cause it's shit

>Desktop monitor breaks
>Replace it, keep computer

>Desktop monitor becomes obsolete
>Replace it, keep computer

>AIO screen breaks
>Throw entire computer away

>AIO screen becomes obsolete
>Throw entire computer away, buy new screen and computer.

>AIO screen breaks
>Throw entire computer away
No, I'd replace the screen.
>AIO screen becomes obsolete
>Throw entire computer away, buy new screen and computer.
No, I'd get a better monitor for primary and use the AIO as a secondary monitor. Not rocket science, user.

Whatever you say, Saddam.

>replace the screen
good luck finding a replacement that fits and good luck good luck actually replacing that thing when you actually do find a replacement part
>AiO as a secondary monitor
nobody can be this stupid

>good luck finding a replacement that fits and good luck good luck actually replacing that thing when you actually do find a replacement part
Literally took a single search on eBay. And I've had my AIO open before, the screen's the first thing you have access to. It's a 10 minute job.
>nobody can be this stupid
How is that even remotely stupid?

>AiO as a secondary monitor
How can someone be this stupid

Instead of repeating yourself like a broken record how about you answer the damned question?

Because it has no benefits except for aesthetics

>AiO
>second monitor
How can someone continue being this stupid?

I see you have no argument.

>AiO
>secondary monitor
How is someone still this stupid?

Attached: the only connection between the monitor and the gpu.jpg (900x680, 139K)

My workplace has a lot of these. They seem good for office work in a company.

Is a Surface Pro an all in one PC? I mean, it has the same kinds of internals built in: screen, cpu, ram, i/o, storage into the same chassis.

Are you implying AIOs don't have any form of video out?

>using video out port to input video

No, I'd use it to output video. For the record though post-2008 non-5k iMacs can be used as monitors on other machines.

Because it's cons outweigh it's pros.
The only pros I can think of are aesthetics and saving space, I personally don't have so little space I can't have my computer and 2 screens seperate and it's not as if my current computer looks ugly.
The cons on the other hand are that replacing specific parts is either harder than it should be, straight up hard or outright impossible, which means I'd have to replace an entire computer if something breaks like it's an overgrown, stationary smartphone.
That, in addition to the fact the thermals will inevitably be shit, mean that it's not worth it, especially since it would cost less than an equivalent machine specs wise in a traditional set up.

>no possible way of upgrading
yeah...

>I will use AiO as a secondary monitor
>I will output video from AiO

why would you own one?

Exactly, what about this do you not understand?

It's simple. I need more than one screen and hooking up an external display to an AIO is probably the most retarded thing you can do besides using Mac OS. Plus some of them don't even support it.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 284K)

I do, It's a late 2006 iMac running debian

How can someone be this stupid?

Not many AiOs support Video in, or Target Display Mode (Like Apple call it)

In fact, I'm not aware than ANY AiO except iMacs support inputting video. It certainly can't be done via video in and that's what that other guy was getting on about.

what is a computer?

cause only OP IS A FAGGOT is cool enough to own one.

SAGE
A
G
E

fpbp

I'm posting from one right now. It's my secondary computer that I use when it's too damn hot to be upstairs on my main computer.

It's pretty decent. I can't do any modern gaming on it, but it's a perfectly adequate web browsing and general productivity machine. I like it because it's silent, and has low power consumption and therefore heat production, while performance still feels desktop class, except graphics.

>pic related

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-08-28 19.52.23.png (1538x798, 79K)