/spg/ - Smartphone General

LG G7 One & G7 Fit Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: lg-g7-fit-one.jpg (939x620, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/0828/67245.html
ebay.com/itm/Motorola-MOTO-G5-Plus-XT1687-32GB-Grey-Factory-Unlocked-Smartphone/142816850561
m.gearbest.com/smart-watches/pp_009928044572.html
amazfitwatchfaces.com/bip/view/?id=10104
youtu.be/MRW3zN0Zgww
samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/galaxy-s7-sprint
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I asked this in the previous thread but it got swallowed in the sea of posts.
Smartwatches? I don't quite want one yet but I'm interested to know what the market for them looks like now.
Is there one that stands above the rest? how cheap can I go while still having something decent?
Ideally something that looks like a regular watch, at least in shape.

Purchase adv?

Country US, Carrier AT&T

I just want something that isn't full of fuckware and will only use basic chat programs other than that.

Attached: 85f.jpg (960x846, 122K)

i only see notches

What's your budget? I recommended the Nokia 6.1 in the previous thread.

DEAL ALERT

Get 15% off of everything on eBay.com with the coupon code PREGAME15. Minimum spend is $25, maximum discount is $100. Valid until 10:00 PM PT on August 28, 2018.
pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/0828/67245.html

Moto G5 Plus available new (open box) for $129.99. With the discount the price drops to $110:
ebay.com/itm/Motorola-MOTO-G5-Plus-XT1687-32GB-Grey-Factory-Unlocked-Smartphone/142816850561

I'd have preferred not going over $500

Thanks for the recommendation though, I'll check it out!

Thank you based user, just snagged one, with the coupon it was under $110 w/ free shipping, you saved me from being stuck with this piece of shit Blade V8 Pro
God Bless

Attached: 1349647317860.gif (200x133, 930K)

you won't have to worry about going over $500 with a Nokia 6.1
Also take into consideration the Moto Z2 Play is $299.99 on their website, and you can slap a ~$50 battery mod on and have 5000mAh battery life, also has dev support if you don't like the stock ROM even though it has very little bloat ware

If you want something a little higher end than the Nokia then Asus ZenFone 5Z and Huawei Mate 10 Pro are $499, and Oneplus 6 is $529. You can also get the Essential for $309.

Brazil
700 R$
Best camera possible for the price

Is it worth waiting for the Nokia 6.1 Plus or should I just buy the 6.1 now?

is used Moto G3 good choice for very low budget?

So I lost my phone at a club and I somehow managed to find the girl that retrieved it.

However, when I unlocked it, the first thing I saw was the "Find my device" screen open, how is this possible? I have both fingerprint and PIN security enabled.

I'm running Android 8.1 with Huawei's skin on it.

depends on what country you're in

P20 pro

what's the best GCam mod for the Moto G5 Plus? I'm getting alot of mixed messages and no consensus on XDA
is it best to flash a 64-bit ROM, or is there a stable full featured GCam mod for the stock 32-bit ROM?

Have HMD said anything about when it'll be available?

Look into the xiaomi ones

>$169.38
shit man, that's not much to work with, can you get either a Redmi Note 5 or Mi A1 in Brazil? If they work I would go with either of them and flash a GCam mod

aren't fitbits super cheap?

Not compared to xiaomi

they're $25

m.gearbest.com/smart-watches/pp_009928044572.html

fitbits are 5 dollars cheaper

Mi Band 3 is $23 on AliExpress, Mi Band 2 is $18

It's a smart watch fit bit is just a health tracker

Why the fuck else would you get a smartwatch?

>AliExpress
>waits over a month for it to ship
>new mi fang shua xiamo watch 4 is already out

Check out Amazfit Bip, it's $59.99 on Gearbest

Stop being a faggot

A neat feature with the Amazfit is custom watch faces
amazfitwatchfaces.com/bip/view/?id=10104

How much would it cost? I think i'd personally go for a redmi 5a if budget was very low

Thanks

>Germany
>500€
>good battery, decent camera, not cracking instantly when I drop it while being drunk

which one is in your price range?

>want to listen to podcasts on my phone
>got the paid version of podcast addict because I didn't want to deal with ads
>find out AntennaPod exists
>much cleaner and easier to use
>no ads
Fuck me, I should've made some research before rushing for this one app.

poco f1

Weird problem
I've had a galaxy S7 on Sprint for years now. No problems, loved the device.
Of course, Sprint fucking sucks, so my family switched to MetroPCS. I was busy, so they went to the MetroPCS store without me. No big deal, I didn't need a new phone. Turns out, we NEEDED to get a phone each to sign contracts, so my parents got the G7+ for themselves and for me. The SIM card should work in my old phone, though, since it supports GSM.

That said, I currently have two phones; one a two year old high end phone and the other a 2018 mid-range. Is the G7+ better in any notable way than my current galaxy s7 that'd justify the hassle of transferring? And what the fuck do I do with an extra, unlocked phone? Give it to one of my poorfag friends? Hawk it on Craigslist?

but thank you for enlightening me

youtu.be/MRW3zN0Zgww

what about used samsung galaxy s4? I managed to find one in good condition

Are you sure you don't mean Q7+? the G7 is the top tier flagship LG offers other than the V series phones
Also, a Sprint device won't work on MetroPCS unless you get it unlocked by calling Sprint Customer service, but after that it should work
here are the LTE Bands supported on the device
samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/galaxy-s7-sprint
Bands 2,4, and 12 are the ones you need, and it supports it
However, the Q7+ supports all those, plus Band 5, 66, and 71 (the newest 600MHz band for greater coverage being rolled out this year)
If you can sacrifice some performance for total network coverage, I'd go with the Q7+

>Israel
>1200₪
>below 5 inch screen

Yeah, I definitely mean the Q7+, my bad

The performance hit isn't massive. The screen's lower resolution, but has whiter whites. The big problem is transferring, which is always annoying, but I guess I should probably just stick with the higher network coverage.

but the best podcast app is pocketcasts.

the camera probably won't be as good, but it's got an IP68 rating for water and dust, apparently it has a Quad-DAC built in for good sound in headphones, supports Carrier Aggregation, has NFC and mSD support
shit, I would definitely give it a shot, it's a free phone anyways
Hold on to the GS7 just in case

I'm not sure about older models, im mostly familiar with more recent models.
My concern would be about software, if it can upgrade to android 7/8/9 it could still be good i think as the hardware seems allright.

uhh, neat I guess?
>implying anyone on here is going to perform actual repairs on their phone

Is it just me or are Carriers actually eating a fairly good chunk of the cost of phones nowadays?

I'm on Telus paying $55 a month with BYOD grandfathered + $30 data and my charging port on my Galaxy Alpha just decided to shit itself.

But I can't afford to just go outright and buy a Moto G6, which is what I'd wanted.

But plugging in the numbers on Telus' website leads me to believe going up another $10 a month to $65 a month to pay off say a S8 for 2 years and back down to $60 is actually CHEAPER in the long run than paying $340 for a Moto G6 and would take nearly ANOTHER 2 years for $60 a month to catch the $55 month grandfathered savings back up.

Contracting again?
Am I losing my fucking mind?

oneplus 6 128gb mirror black for 480 after that coupon. good deal? y/n

I may have been living under a rock but I just found out about sleep as android and the idea sound enticing to me because it's just my luck that my alarm clock always goes off right when I'm dreaming and I feel like death for the rest of the day.
From what I understand the whole sleep cycle tracking works with smartwatches/fitness bands/whatchamacallits, but I don't have one of those, what's the cheapest thing I can get that would help me monitor my sleep using this app? I guess being able to use it as a watch and monitoring other sensors throughout the day can be a reasonable bonus, but not the main point.

pic related.

Attached: Capture.jpg (313x254, 20K)

wait, what's your current rate?

yeah, when is paying almost 20 under 500 for a phone worth more not a good deal?

$55 a month

$60 a month is the new price floor so technically my price is grandfathered

$65 a month can get me a phone like a S8

and after 2 years I can back off to $60 a month

are you sure this doesn't require a down payment? or maybe you turn in the phone when you're done with it?

canada, rogers
just want it to be as similar as possible to my currently dying nexus 5, except with the headphone port on the bottom. budget w/e im not paying. battery life pretty important as well.

Nope, nothing like that

read the fine print, something's shady about this

Mi a1 is closer

You just think that way. Koodo is offering 8gb data unlimited everything else for $40/mo and 5gb data unlimited everything else for $35/mo, WITH an additional $180 in bill credits.

If you're paying $25/mo extra for 2 years on a fucking moto g6 ($200 phone), they are making you pay $780 + $94 in tax for the phone. You're not getting a deal, you're getting massively ripped off by Telus under the disguise of a deal.

Attached: received_652891575101701.jpg (409x404, 13K)

get it

How do I stop my gf from getting an Asus phone?

which Asus phone

Zenfone selfie, she's on a budget

what country?

Brazil

You misunderstood, I was planning on buying a G6 outright and just swapping the SIM so I could stay on my $55 a month plan.

how much is the zenphone selfie?

Well still, you're not getting a good deal either way. You can also buy subsidized koodo phones on their tab program with the deal I'm describing (ie: pay $50/mo for 8gb data and get a phone).

They're locking you down for 2 years from competition which is worth more than the phone to them.

Will consider Koodo's stuff, thanks senpai

tell her to get the Xiaomi Mi A1 if it's within budget, much better phone

600 reais

see

She pretty much only cares about the camera, is it better as well?

with the GCam mod, it's much better than anything else at that price range, thing is you're going to have to get technical with it for it to work

If the camera is all she wants then buy her a used lumia
1020 or some other one

did LG ever fix their batteries?

don't do this, if she's already used to Android she will complain constantly about a Windows phone, especially an older one with no support

Do I have to root?

yes, it's not too difficult with a Xiaomi, especially the Android One (Mi A1)

A camera is all she wants, he said
That lumia has 4 times the camera quality your chinkshit does

She has a Lumia 630 actually kek. But I don't think she wants another one

Seems like a good price, isn't it like $570 for the 128gb model on oneplus's own site?

Ok, I'll try with her

yep. it was already cheaper on ebay, but then 85 cheaper than that.

an an unsupported OS, no apps, an overall shit phone
nice rec dumbass

XZ1 Compact or iPhone SE

>i want a camera, that's the most important part
>here, get this phone with apps a supported os and a garbage camera bro
fucking lol

it's a shame you're too stupid to admit the Mi A1 takes good pics with the GCam mod, oh well you're an idiot so no loss

Mi Band 2 and 3 are both compatible, they cost around $20 ordered from China

Doesn't the OnePlus 6 have 8gb of ram? Why do some of the ones I see on AliExpress have 6gb and cost $150 less?

How do you get your carrier to release updates?
>tfw still stuck on Nougat on a Note 8, when even fucking Kenya has oreo
Even the other carriers have released it...

The oneplus 6 has several models with different memory.
If I'm not mistaken it's the 256GB version that has 8GB, the other two have 6.

The base model is 6gb/64gb, 128gb and 256gb models have 8gb RAM.

Thanks

I have about 8 play store bucks I've made with that survey rewards app. Give me a couple apps that are really worth paying for, like maintenance or security utilities and the like, or really whatever that's actually worth money

Zero apps, they can all be downlladed forr free as an APK

Nova Launcher