WTF should I leave the country now?

saw this here:
restoreprivacy.com/lawsuit-names-nordvpn-tesonet/

lawsuit text:
drive.google.com/file/d/1_AlNxNN-fiIVW64-605c_OJO0CqYoRHc/view

"chart" of operations:
drive.google.com/open?id=1stHlJ7t-QY9QFXLx7jUb_Apm9Pp3T4Nj

NordVPN offical response:
reddit.com/r/nordvpn/comments/9arzrs/nordvpns_response_to_allegations_of_mining/

is this a smear campaign or for real?

Attached: NORDVPN.png (346x349, 195K)

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=1stHlJ7t-QY9QFXLx7jUb_Apm9Pp3T4Nj
drive.google.com/file/d/1_AlNxNN-fiIVW64-605c_OJO0CqYoRHc/view
sigavpn.com/nord-hola-lawsuit.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well fuck.

Perfect privacy vpn doesn’t have this issue faggots

Thank fuck my subscription ends on 3rd September. Any reasonably priced VPN recommendations?

get rekt faggots. Like I always say, wouldn't trust anyone but cryptostorm

>is this a smear campaign or for real?
I do not use NordVPN, but this reeks of a smear campaign. There are other VPN providers that start these things as FUD in order to gain users to their own service.

>Using anything other than mullvad
faggots

Attached: snap.png (640x360, 236K)

My thoughts exactly at first. But this lawsuit pdf looks official unless it was faked?

From the lawsuit:

"Between November 2015 and June 2018, Hola, had a business relationship with Tesonet related to HolaVPN and Tesonet’s VPN service called NordVPN."

Mullvad has been very good for me, their website has none of the marketing bullshit and they are very transparent about their policies on data retention and such.

>reddit spacing
and here folks, we can see a paid shill in their natural habitat

>none of that marketing bullshit

Except their marketing department on Jow Forums apparently.

I second this. The sweds are militant when it comes to being pro piracy.

I'm looking for a iclandic vps.

>and they are very transparent about their policies on data retention and such.
So are NordVPN.

Anybody who trusts any VPN company implicitly is a fucking retard.

It seems like the only thing linking Nord to this is a single line in the lawsuit written by the people doing the suing. They are actually demanding a jury trial which means the lawsuit will probably be thrown out by the court after they laugh at it.

>"chart" of operations:
>drive.google.com/open?id=1stHlJ7t-QY9QFXLx7jUb_Apm9Pp3T4Nj
This chart looks dumber than the one on Jow Forums in 2016 that tried to make the case that satanic child rituals were happening in a DC pizza parlor. And that is saying something.

that, or OVPN.com

swedish government are too cucked to touch swedish vpn providers

Only thing I know about NordVPN is that they sure get a bunch of sponsorship deals out to youtubers so it's the one I see advertised the most. Dunno if that was a good thing or not, was always a bit suspicious.

That price tho

>drive.google.com

Attached: 1534992015467.jpg (331x346, 93K)

JayzTwoTonnes has no problem taking pobzi scheme sponsorships so this makes sense

Private Internet Access.

Don't use them but you can pay by cash in the mail with no email, what could be more anonymous..

I use Nord but I don't recommend it, I have no problem with their speed or price but that app is fucking cancer which spies on you and establishes connections with Microsoft, Google and fuck knows where else. If you HAVE to use Nord for whatever reason then ditch the gay app and connect to their servers directly through OpenVPN.
Also, "no log policy" means exactly fuck all. There's been several VPN companies that claimed not to log but they still ended up doing so. So ignore it, assume every company lies and logs.

>based in the USA
kek

PIA is the one that was actually sued and told the feds to go fuck themselves. Regardless, they're US-based, so they might have been compromised.
Ultimately, you need to have harm mitigation on everything. If possible, connecting to a VPN through a neighbor's connection might be borderline foolproof.

if you trust a vpn completely you're an idiot

I've been using nordvpn for like four years now. Havent had problems so far, but on the other hand I've always used ovpn configs.

I use their vpns only for some things, not on every day shitposting. I run my own ovpn and wireguard servers to route all my out-of-home internet usage through my home isp.

The day they stop supporting ovpn or decide not to go with wireguard is the day I'll stop paying them. I'm not installing another app for vpn.

App won't be a problem, I'm still a loser who uses a flip phone. Yes I know I'm pathetic in that sense.

I don't understand this.. so what's the problem now?

I've been very happy with torguard for the last year but it's US based

samefagging this user here. if Nord is no good, who is??

Yeah, but do they have the guts to stand up to big bird America? I used to use VyprVPN which was Swiss based, but I stopped when I got a DMCA message while using their server.

>DMCA notice
You were most likely leaking DNS dumbass. Nothing to do with VPN giving up your data.

Basically Nord is owned by a company that specializes in data mining so it's pretty much confirmed they not only log your shit but sell it to a 3rd party. And they also used to colkaborate with a VPN provider that ended up being a kike botnet. And I don't mean that in a meme sense, I mean literal botnet operated by literal jews.

>but on the other hand I've always used ovpn configs.
what is the difference between whatever that is, and using their own app/software for enabling the VPN connection

>You were most likely leaking DNS dumbass. Nothing to do with VPN giving up your data.
a VPN service that doesn't provide a DNS server to not leak your IP is retarded

I don't know about VyprVPN in particular as I never used it but in 99% of cases someone gets DMCA'd while on a VPN it's because he's too retarded to set up the DNS or even check whether he leaks which takes like 5 seconds. DMCA notices have nothing to do with data retention laws and logging and I mean literally nothing.

but if he uses NordVPN's own software for switching on the VPN connection, it should also handle DNS leak issues right?

Sure, but he mentioned a different provider. Nord is actually quite good when it comes to preventing leaks but that's not the main problem with them.

right okay, because I use Nord and it doesn't leak anything.
>not the main problem with them.
what is the problem with Nord? because the stuff in OP seems mostly fake and gay

This exactly! When shit hits the fan, whose ass do you think a company will try to save? When it comes down to it, hiring a VPN is about the same as hiring some street guy with a sign to drop and collect your mail for you. Does he go through it? Does he share with somebody who pays more? He'll never tell because now he gets to double dip.

>using nord, ever

Attached: 1266126008249.jpg (305x196, 68K)

My issues with them:
>connected to a data mining company
>connected to a literal Israeli botnet
>botnet app that connects to Microsoft and Google for no reason
>nobody knows who owns them and the owners stay in secrecy (why? such a big company can't hide from the NSA/CIA so the only logical conclusion is they're hiding from their customers)
>shit tier tech support
>muh Panama is horseshit, it's just a registered front for a parent company residing somewhere in the EU/US (where data retention is mandatory)
If literally everything you do is pirating games or some shit then you probably shouldn't worry. But in the end it's a matter of trust and Nord isn't really showing they can be trusted right now.

>>botnet app that connects to Microsoft and Google for no reason
>>parent company residing somewhere in the EU/US

Attached: 1520050106165.jpg (956x631, 94K)

>WTF should I leave the country now?
Unironcially what were you doing on the internet to the point you need to run away from the country?
I only use vpns to pirate anime and play video games with less throtling from the ISP.
Anything that has sensitive information about myself I tend to now write down or do on the internet even if it requires me to travel to let's say a bank on the other side of the country.
Are you so scared someone will jail you for your loli hentai or the shitposting about niggers and jews on Jow Forums?

You're memeing him but yeah in several EU countries you can go to jail for shitposting about niggers and jews.

Considering how cheap Nord is, this doesn't surprise me at all. They always had a sketchy aura, but with another client I guess they're fine for downloading and non sensitive shit.
t. nord user

Let's see
-shady tech website that no one has heard of with only few articles written by the same 2 ppl (sven and olivia, totally not fake names)
-nonsensical lawsuit (I read the entire doc) submitted to a court demanding trial jury that will never see the light of day
-random shills on reddit and Jow Forums cross posting the same one article over and over with no substance
-chart with a 100 arrows that make as much sense as analyzing the blood splatter of a dead possum on the road
-no other tech websites covering this """story"""
-the only """solution""" is to use the other VPN that restoreprivacy """recommends"""

this is the biggest pile of shit smear campaign I've ever seen and I don't even use Nord or care one way or the other

same shill posted this same article 2 hrs later

Stop calling proper formatting Reddit spacing, fucking retard. Stop grasping at straws.

If I may ask how do you know they connect to Google and Microsoft through the app?

you have to go back, come again (but don't)

Europe needs the nuke

weren't PIA taken to court and proven to not log shit? they probably do log now though

Stop saying you have to go back.

Did Nord change management recently? They've been pushing youtube "influencers" for advertising a lot in the last month.

>babby's first visit to Jow Forums
are you really that sensitive mate? you're not going to make it here

They're US based, if you actually use them for privacy, you're a fool.

>lawsuit text:
>drive.google.com/file/d/1_AlNxNN-fiIVW64-605c_OJO0CqYoRHc/view
Why is the only version of this lawsuit (outside of google drive) being hosted on the main directory of another VPN service (and a sketchy one at that)

sigavpn.com/nord-hola-lawsuit.pdf

Attached: IMG-20180827-WA0000.jpg (800x729, 40K)

>They've been pushing youtube "influencers" for advertising a lot in the last month.
>month
they've been getting shilled on youtube all year and TV too at least here in aus

this convinced me to stay the fuck away from their service. i get huge red flags when a company appeals this much to the normiest of normans, something else is definitely going on with nord.

Kek, they deserve it if they're going to let that shit happen. Fuckin Jews putting their big ass noses into places they don't belong.

But you do. You can't even take basic level trolling.

Attached: 1531229058153.jpg (480x480, 19K)

Oh look a pedophile. Pia is great for torrents, ip range ban evasion, and hiding data from your isp and workplace. Sorry you dont see safe watching cp on it

>tfw the post glows so bright your eyes burn out

Attached: 1534610216677.jpg (251x251, 19K)

The blinding one.

I always felt like they weren't to be trusted. Fine for getting past netflix licencing bullshit but for real privacy? You've got to be kidding. The fact they get their shit advertised on things like the h3h3 podcast should be enough to know they're not the type to trust, and their size too. Stick with mullvad and make sure your VPN isn't your only degree of seperation from your naked IP.

Difference is installing an open source application which is used everywhere in the world by millions of people versus installing a proprietary app by a vpn company.

As a sysadmin, I kinda think the attack surface is easier through their own app. I'm moving all my stuff over to wireguard at the moment though

I don't use VPNs, but you people are fools if you think your "hot shit" is going to last forever. You guys need to stop giving your governments power.

No, their leaders need the rope. Stop killing the sheep. They are your builders and maintainers and would love nothing more than to be free.

wait what? the same company that makes nord vpn also make hola vpn?

thats...... LOL

No. Hola is duing Nord.

prostovpn. There's no english version of their site so use google translate, but you can trust these Russians.
$1 a month, 20Gb traffic.

Attached: 1502239915606.png (558x744, 437K)

>you can trust these Russians.

adding a blank paragraph inbetween paragraphs isn't proper formatting, you retard. just because spacing is 0 between paragraphs doesn't mean you are formatting properly if you add blank ones. jesus christ, you're absolutely retarded.

protonvpn