Why aren't you running a Custom ROM based on Lineage?

Why aren't you running a Custom ROM based on Lineage?

Attached: Lineage.png (728x485, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_santoni
download.lineageos.org/herolte
android.googlesource.com/platform/packages/apps/DeskClock/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because most of my phones don't support it.

I run Cyanogenmod on one of my phones without GApps, though.

Because most of them a pajeet-tier balls of crap that leave half of the phone malfunctioning.

Because I don't want to use a nightly build.

No google pixel 2 version

Redpill me on Lineage.
I have a Samsung S7 and I'm getting bored of it and I want to experiment.

They don't support my device.
Although this showed up in lineage's github recently.
github.com/LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_santoni
Does it mean my device will support lineage soon?

Because I use superiour CopperheadOS.

Attached: 1534129156910.jpg (544x960, 252K)

became Motorola doesn't allow me to unlock my bootloader.

I'm running LineageOS

S7 doesn't have an official build, which means it's not stable. Don't use it. Their v15.1 on galaxy s5 is very shit, so even if 14.1 is no longer getting updates I'd stay on it for a year anyways. Don't know about other devices.

lineage+microg

my phone is fucked though, so unfortunately I have to find something that can be unlocked in poorfag price range (under £15 a month on contract, parents will pay for a contract, not an autistic ebay chinaman phone)

Lineage masterrace reporting in

Attached: Lineage.png (1080x1920, 624K)

so i guess the nexus 5 won't be gettting los 15.1. oh well on 14.1 until it dies

I am tho, on two devices. Thanks for reminding me, got an update from yesterday that I need to download and install.

>SuperSu and not magisk

ishygddt

Well that's a pity. I quite like this phone and I don't really want to change it.
What about other flagship models?

>SuperSU
what?

Xposed needs root, and I don't see a magisk icon, so I assume you're running SuperSu for root privileges?

I am running Lineage 13.0 desu.
I wanted to stay on CyanogenOS 13, but unfortunately the security patch was really old.

But I am, only because I foolishly bought a chinkshit phone for the second fucking time after being a loyal Nexus user for several years. Never again. I will be getting the Pixel 3XL on release and putting all this bullshit behind me. Stock for life.

No, I use the built in root access

Attached: aoeu.png (1080x1920, 132K)

More than likely he's using official AddonSu from Lineage. download.lineageos.org/extras

AEX > Lineage

I am, but it's pretty buggy. Is there any custom rom that just werks?

S9 has LOS, every OnePlus has LOS. I actually just checked and it seems like S7 and edge got LineageOS officially recently.
download.lineageos.org/herolte

Do you not use any apps that won't work when rooted? Banking apps tend to be problematic and I have a few others such as a supermarket loyalty and restaurant loyalty app that don't work when rooted too. Magisk solves this.

im using rr so its ok i rarely update my phone os anyways

Why is there no good stable ROM for galaxy s6 edge+?

Oh right, I forget they provide their own. My bad. Any reason you use that over magisk? Before my nexus5x and 6p(using ATM) my last phone that was rootable was my s4 and magisk didn't exist and had to use chainfires SuperSu. It's closed source and some chink company bought it, so when I got my 5x I was told about magisk, and los, and a systemless root that's open source is pretty comfy, so just wondering if you use los root for any specific reason?

This was also of concern for me, but of recently, it doesn't pass the safetynet check, does yours? Topiohnwu said it's not urgent, lots of people are getting "response is invalid". Pic related.

Attached: Screenshot_Magisk_Manager_20180828-193228.png (1440x2560, 112K)

Because it's a shit phone that nobody cares about.

Sweet!
Time to look up a guide and hope I won't fuck it up.

My experience trying to get an Android Pie custom ROM on my Nexus 5X has taught me to never trust ROMs from anyone except those that are backed behind large community support.

I honestly can't remember what I did to get it to work but I did have the safetynet issue for about a week after first installing LOS and Magisk. It doesn't help that the people who run the LOS project are unsupportive of Magisk.

S6 is even more shit yet it has builds. Stop shitposting.

This is the issue with android distributions. They're all shit. You shouldn't have to have a specific fucking build for each separate device. All devices should be supported out of the box, providing their CPU is supported. Just like Linux distros and even windows work. This is why android, and smartphones in general, will always be trash.

Running Lineage on my Galaxy S5, pretty good so far. Performance has increased a lot over the official firmware. Guess I can hold off on buying a new phone for another year or so.

Yes but more people bought the S6.

Project Treble is gonna fix all of that. When Google replace Android with Fuchsia the game changes.

I'll use S5 until Librem 5 gets out.

So it will be
>download generic LineageOS 64bit/32bit
>download device specific drivers, if needed
>flash LineageOS
>flash drivers
? If so that would be much better.

I had it working basically up until recently, if I disabled Xposed it worked fine. I went to run something that booted me for being rooted, I ran safetynet and it gave that error, so I was like oh yeah Xposed, so I disabled that and rebooted (which worked last time) and still same error. Seems the error is relatively new, and a lot of people have it who recently had it working. Updating to beta 16.7 didn't work either. It's not important as my banking app doesn't care, and the app that I tried I don't care about. Nice to have though, so thought I'd ask.

Project treble is already in place, and is why devices like the s9 can run aosp and LineageOS (not sure if they have a build or not yet). 8.1 introduced treble. With that it's basically "install device drivers for computer, fastboot/androidsdk, unlock bootloader, flash TWRP, flash magisk, flash aosp/rom" and that's it.

>device drivers for computer

I run Debian so it literally just works when I plug my phone in, and I just have to install `sudo apt install android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot` then that's it. But on windows I know you have to run through hoops to get correct drivers.

Copperhead is compromised

VoLTE.

OP, the custom ROM community died when CyanogenMod died, and it was declining long before that.

> inb4 CyanogenMod and Lineage are the same thing

Nice find! I'll switch my father's 4x to this if it leads to something.

Because that'd require me to downgrade my phone and phone OS

But I am :')

Attached: Screenshot_20180829-105722.png (1080x1920, 131K)

Anyone using Lineage on an S9+. I noticed they have an official build and it looks promising.

Been willing to try it, but no stable for the xiaomi mi note 3 yet, also I'm pretty content with miui and that's coming from 5 years of nexus 4

Lineageos doesnt support bluetooth mice? I couldnt get it working yesterday and Google tells me that they dont work.

Kinda bummed.

>Their v15.1 on galaxy s5 is very shit.

What. Im running resurrection remix 8.1 on my s5 and its quite good. Whats shit about it?

>no magisk
Lightweight

but... why

Can LineageOS + microG run all Google apps without problems?

Nor all, but most.

im running lineageos 14.1 with MicroG atm

Because no official support for my Samsung Galaxy J2

You are actually missing the entire point of MicroG if you are using Google apps.

It's developed by Indians

LOS 15.1 user here on S5:
You can't search for settings, search box in settings only shows apps.
The settings layout is completely retarded. Which makes the above issue significantly more annoying.
You can't access saved WiFi passwords in any way out of the box, and you can no longer use WiFiKeyShare for some reason.
You can't install apps from the file manager unless you put them into root of your storage. Which is annoying especially if you don't install play store. They should at least give you a warning about this when you try to install an app and tell you to move it.
Power saving is retarded, the DEFAULT email app gets frozen constantly and I even manually set it to ignore power saving. It doesn't run in background and I don't get notifications when I receive mail and have to manually open it and refresh it.
The launcher doesn't properly refresh after you disable predictive apps and still shows them to you.
There were a few bugs that got fixed.

And, of course, the clock app still has the fucking ugly purple/blue background like it does on stock. LineageOS should just replace the gallery with simple gallery, the absolute trash calendar with simple calendar and change the clock background colour to gray or white/black depending on time of the day.

Using it and it's bretty gud. My Moto G2 has been full of non-removable bloat from the start and every update made it worse, which is especially shitty when you have to make do with very limited internal storage. Using LineageOS 14.1 with OpenGApps and couldn't be happier, maybe I'll put it on my S3 when I repaired it.

>You can't install apps from the file manager
Thank android oreo for that.

>tfw no oreo ROM for your device

Attached: Screenshot_20180829-120200.png (1080x1920, 103K)

Because I'm using a bloatless Android One device developed by professionals.

I'm on the microg build of LOS on a galaxy s9. Signal, Firefox and Steam are registered with GCM. Whatsapp isn't and the push notifications don't work with any of them. What is this shit.

I am using AEX

>And, of course, the clock app still has the fucking ugly purple/blue background like it does on stock
That's what I would like to change, can't we compile this?
android.googlesource.com/platform/packages/apps/DeskClock/

>LOS 15.1 user here on S5:
>You can't search for settings, search box in settings only shows apps.
Works for me on resurrection remix
>The settings layout is completely retarded. Which makes the above issue significantly more annoying.
I have no opinion, I've found everything I've needed
>You can't access saved WiFi passwords in any way out of the box, and you can no longer use WiFiKeyShare for some reason.
Havent had the need myself ever
>You can't install apps from the file manager unless you put them into root of your storage. Which is annoying especially if you don't install play store. They should at least give you a warning about this when you try to install an app and tell you to move it.
What? Really? Havent tested, at least installing from firefox worked (f-droid.apk). And apps installed fine through f-droid
>Power saving is retarded, the DEFAULT email app gets frozen constantly and I even manually set it to ignore power saving. It doesn't run in background and I don't get notifications when I receive mail and have to manually open it and refresh it.
I use gmail app myself, so cant comment on that
>The launcher doesn't properly refresh after you disable predictive apps and still shows them to you.
I disabled them and they're hidden?
>There were a few bugs that got fixed.
>And, of course, the clock app still has the fucking ugly purple/blue background like it does on stock. LineageOS should just replace the gallery with simple gallery, the absolute trash calendar with simple calendar and change the clock background colour to gray or white/black depending on time of the day.

I'm running Lineage.

because visa payment doesnt work with custom roms

Attached: 1505452574681.jpg (600x656, 40K)

My experience with pajeet OS on my galaxy s5 which is one of the most developed phones:

Proximity sensor during calls works like shit, it have a delay of about 1 second or more from the moment you place your phone to the ear, and if you touch the screen with your face you can just close the call bechause the proximity sensor didn't reacted quick enough to stop the touchscreen.

Microphone recording volume during normal and voip calls like skype/whatsapp is also shit, much lower than stock and you need to apply some shitty patches from xda which don't quite resolve it at all.

So i just keep the stock 6.0.1 using some package disabler app to disable all the bloatware and is just fine. A fucking rom that cannot provide at least the basic call functionality including microphone and the sensors is not worth to use at all.

I forgot to mention, this was on nougat version, not the latest oreo one which i heard is even worse.

Tell me how to root my exynos s8+ first

Proof?

Because smartphones are a disease.

>void your warranty to run this shitty generic android image developed by pajeets for literally no benefit
>run the android image developed by a reputable hardware manufacturer, who knows the ins and outs of the hardware and has access to all the propietary documentation for the chipset, while ensuring no rootkit is installed thanks to the automatic knox system integrity verification

> running an old version of android with multiple vulnerabilities instead of un-googled vanilla android with snappy performance

Yeah

Was planning on installing it on my Moto E4+ but it's the Mediatek variant.
Stock rom has stopped getting updates a long time ago and each one made it shittier. Everyone recomends RR for this device but I don't like it (too many root "tweaks" out of the box, rather do them myself).
Should I do it? Any experiences?

Unironically pajeetmix on a500fu is also the most stable custom rom, I also did not like all the extra poo inside it but here's what sold me on it:
>Single tap to turn on/off wifi, data in the quick settings
>Black settings
>Gesture navigation bar
Of course, pajeet stink was still too much, so I was autistic enough to modify Settings.apk, SystemUI.apk and framework-res.apk (rewrite strings into readable English, remove all pajeet names, hide/disable all useless customizations). I have also modified LOSdiet script to remove all omni trash and other pajeetmix apks. Finally, I have calmed my autism and it just works now.
Pic related, framework-res after cleaning their shit, fucking pajeets 6 5MB default_wallpaper.pngs

Attached: bloat.png (720x286, 29K)

Because I own an iPhone and I enjoy sex with women.

Okay faggots/pajeets, inform me on Android. Why wouldn't you literally install gentoo on your phone and get 100% better performance now that you're not running shit inside three layers of sandboxing/virtualization?

Surely the difficulty would be far outweighed by not having Jewgle+[manufacturer]+carrier's noses up your ass.

Installing systems on phones is still a clusterfuck. I can only imagine how big of a clusterfuck a desktop OS without driver support for most devices would be.

Thanks for convincing me to use Lineage, all of the "pros" you mentioned are already in stock (minus black settings which I don't care about) and it's easier to setup Kernel Adiutor to avoid overheating/battery drain than go through all that hasle just to get a decent settings menu.

literally a pajeet rom

Because I have a Verizon S9+ and there's no root yet

>pajeet-framework-res.apk
Is this the real life? There are actual devs removing the Indian stuff?
How?

Can't with Nokia Android phones

>> running an old version of android with multiple vulnerabilities
Maybe your POS 5 year old phone does, mine is up to date

i do. Working great on my xiaomi redmi note 4

I have a S9 as a daily driver, but I keep some handful of phones in my backup phone pool. Like a S7 edge, S5 with resur. remix 6.1, s4 mini with los 14, oneplus one with RR6.1.. I use these phones for some daily tasks, such as a baby monitor and/or a security cams. I like to keep them up to date and flash roms just for fun. I also have iphones etc to run company software.

>Lineage
how do you 1 tap wifi/data on lineage? that's the main reason i didn't go with lineage.

Not sure. Does it offer anything that OxygenOS does not?

Is the official Essential Phone ROM out yet?

Not shure what you mean by this, pic related is my current quick settings using Moto stock rom. I can just tap to turn off wifi and enable mobile data and vice-versa, don't see anything remotely difficult on doing this

Attached: Screenshot_20180829-164028_1.png (720x242, 10K)

this
just use opengapps

Yeah I downgraded to 14.1. Not an S5, but 15.x was retarded.

Don't want to trip Knox since I love Samsung Pay.