Why does Jow Forums dislike and/or hate Macbook pros?

Why does Jow Forums dislike and/or hate Macbook pros?

Attached: Ryan Ashley Malarkey.jpg (942x1200, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FdS3tjEIqUA
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8
instagram.com/ryanashleymalarkey/?hl=en
youtube.com/user/rossmanngroup/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Same reason we don't like you.

whats wrong with tattoos?

Tattoos are great, actually.
They're very useful to pinpoint human trash, and avoid it.

a bit rude lad.

Attached: @alliewach.jpg (1080x1350, 67K)

Because they are poor

Attached: 1531037410042.jpg (640x620, 28K)

Why do iPoojeets shit in the street?

Attached: 1515932689817.jpg (643x960, 256K)

real shit, im finna cop a $2k mbp on foe nem.

Final Cut isn't the only feasible option anymore so the need for Macs in general has lessened.

Someone post "The Pasta."

he's not wrong

Dem titties.

what do you think is better than Final Cut Pro, my g?

Why do women insist on destroying their bodies with disgusting tattoos?

Why don't we ask Apple. :^)

Attached: 1517994810335.jpg (644x1049, 215K)

THE INTERNET WENT CRAZY

MACTODDLERS ON SUICIDE WATCH

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge & loose at bottom
>flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to non-click touchpads
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX has horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a heavy 95WHr battery
>even XTREME GAMER laptops like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Windows laptops in battery life
>huge battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>abysmally crippled cooling system leads to constant overheating
>constant overheating leads to chronic throttling to 800mhz
>heat exhaust BLOWS HOT AIR ONTO SCREEN
>screen assembly HELD TOGETHER WITH GLUE
>retina meme for "pros" have have glossy mirror screen impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
>same problems as above plus:
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>memetouch emojibar
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life
>no USB-A
>no escape

>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>keyboard fails and requires $1000 repair if a speck of dust gets under a key
youtube.com/watch?v=FdS3tjEIqUA

>it's 2018 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously

>macshit literally has the build quality of a $200 acer for 10x the price
youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

Attached: 1521232141841.jpg (656x611, 52K)

she's a tattoo artist.

instagram.com/ryanashleymalarkey/?hl=en

Overheating
noports
Shit keyboard
non-features like the touch strip

>Batteries are big
>No wasted space on traditional drive bays, not even of the 2.5" kind. Modern SSDs only take up about half that space anyway
Dislike
>Non user serviceable everything
>Soldered on SSD
>Soldered on RAM
>Cooling is dogshit
>Screen not even 4k
>Glued in battery
>Generally shit designs with little regard for reliability and durability
>No trackpoint
>Shit keyboards
>Touchbar abomination
And that's just for starters

If it stopped being called pro it won't be ok

Im getting the 13 inch MBP without the touchscreen.

keyboard meme is just a meme.

no ports can be fixed

and overheating? What do you mean.

>>Batteries are big
Umm... sweaty.

Attached: 1516002521785.png (1286x741, 406K)

>asks questions ending with a full stop
>acts like you have to live under a rock to know about overheating and throttling issues
3/10 made me reply

my nigga cmon.

Why would you get that pos instead of a Thinkpad T480s, an HP Spectre or a Dell XPS

i'm sorry dad

Attached: 333997286918979585.png (128x128, 25K)

inferior hardware and software
expensive
users are brainwashed into thinking everything else is insanely difficult to use
talking to a mac user is very similar to talking to a flat earther or antivaxer

>HP Spectre
currently have an HP from 2011. it's shit. battery is shit. quality is shit.
>Dell
I did some research and wasn't really feeling it.
>thinkpad
Was actually considering it.

The MBP I have built, (not yet purchased) is 13 inch, no touchbar, 512GB SSD storage, 16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory, 2.5GHz dual-core 7th-generation Intel Core i7 processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.0GHz.

$2,199.00

How much would I spend on a thinkpad to get something similar?

>Umm... sweaty.

Batteries aren't sweaty?

>>How much would I spend on a thinkpad to get something similar?
Probably $200 considering the throttlebook will lose 80% of its potential performance in any task.

Attached: 1533160360967.png (1280x888, 1.07M)

but seriously. I'd like a real answer.

I use a macbook pro 2016 and i love it. I just dont buy laptops with my own money because all of them are a waste of dosh

You can get a T480s with around the same specs for $1900. 14-inch 2k screen and 1TB SSD.

>answers i don't like aren't real!
Fuck off then street shitter.

street shitter? lol what. Im open to getting a thinkpad dude. the fuck is your problem. I've never owned an apple product before.

whats the lifehack and getting a laptop and not paying for it?

build me one king.

For $1000, you'll get something that will perform 2x faster.

For $1500, you'll get something that will perform 2x faster and have a better screen.

he gave you a real answer faggot

Work computer. I dont own it and wouldnt pay over a grand for it like they did

>thinkpad
#2 meme laptop after macbook

just get a brand new laptop and install your favorite distro. it'll be much better than any used old-ass computer

All laptops are shit stop pretending a 1500 dollars plastic chink laptop that will die from heat in 3 years is any better investment than a macbook

how does this build look. Will it cuck the 2018 13inch MBP laptop shown here. T480S ULTRABOOK
>8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8650U Processor with vPro (1.90GHz, up to 4.20GHz with Turbo Boost, 8MB Cache)
>4.0" WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS anti-glare, 300nit
>16 GB (8 Onboard + 8) DDR4 2400MHz
>512 GB Solid State Drive, PCIe-NVMe OPAL2.0 M.2

$1,793.60

so I shouldn't get the Thinkpad above?

Better than a poorly engineered fagbook that will have a keyboard fail after 4 weeks and explode right after the warranty expires.

Attached: 1518817199221.png (652x888, 111K)

Based and redpilled.

underage faggot detected
kindly fuck off to 9gag

Do you really need the portability? Just build a desktop
All laptops die after 3 years if used daily. I am well aware all laptops fail all the time and macbook is no exception

Im 26 y/o dude that's into cars. I rarely come to Jow Forums

you can tell me to fuck off to /o/ tho.

>Do you really need the portability? Just build a desktop

yes i need it.

literally anything pro grade is better than a MacBook, nu-pads aren't Jow Forums anyway and that's why you're getting flamed
do your own research, no one cares if you buy a MacBook, it's just funny to laugh at you when you do

>all laptops fail all the time
Vast majority of the time it's RAM, HDD, NIC, etc. Things that are easily replaceable and serviceable in 5 minutes on most laptops, except macs.

Because they suck dick. Wanna buy my 2016 MBP for $900?

Yes please. I want to hex edit the system data to 2018 and sell it to some dumb fuck mactard for $3000.

Still better than win10

Ive never seen laptop ram or nic fail. I have seen them fail for running too hot and shitting out, like what happened to my laptop where the mobile gpu fail, physical damage, screen failures, and yes hhd failure is the most common. These are not easily fixable, except the hhd. Where did you get the idea ram fails commonly in laptops?

god I wish that was me

iunno mang I replaced the GPU on my t420 in around an hour, just takes a couple tools and YT tutorials
I'm pretty sure there's no way to do that with any apple product without getting jewed off your balls

Thats pretty awesome but the t420 has a massive following. I hsve my doubts you could find all the parts and information to fix a dell xps for example or god forbid something even less popular

>All laptops die after 3 years if used daily
No that's bullshit. I have an ancient Toshiba that I used daily and roughly and it's now being used by my niece perfectly fine. It is at least 5 years old at this point.

Thank you based user

Attached: 1532989797508.gif (800x792, 607K)

if it's the same type of chip, which it probably is, then the process is the same, you just have to be careful and shit will go great
plus it feels great to not depend on someone else to maintain your shit, really feels like you own the device

Ive killed no less than 2 toshiba laptops myself and watched my aunt and uncle kills another 3 of them. They are trash

Sounds like a you problem. Mine ran perfectly fine, was easy to upgrade where I could and is still going to this day. Maybe I was just incredibly lucky and got the only good Toshiba ever created.

2014-2015 mbp were god tier then they fucked them up.

>fagbook 2015
>god tier
lmao
literally worse than acer

Attached: 1523173010570.png (636x727, 137K)

Not everyone cars about performance. I just want a computer that is nice, is light, and has a great track pad. I even have a think pad with the best thinkpad track pad and I can honestly say i prefer the mbp over the thinkpad when it is running windows.

>inb4 windows

suck it bitch, I have bash in macos

>all i do is browse facebook who cares about performance or if my use case would be identical on a chromebook?!?! m-m-m-muh apel i want an apel logo on my lid!!!! REEEEEEEEE

Back to mactoddler.

I used to only buy Toshiba, but the motherboards kept failing after 1.5-2 years. Gave up and switched to HP (not much better)

>post human trash

The little autist is pissed off someone likes a macbook and gave a good reason for liking them. How cute.

Name one laptop that has a better trackpad than the mbp? Also a chrome book doesn't do what I need it to do but I don't need to game on a laptop. It isn't really my concern.

>t. mactoddler

Attached: NOTMAD.png (1000x1100, 85K)

this

I switched to Lenovo for my recent one and regret it. ideaPad 500 or something like that, it's going to hell quickly.

>minutes (higher is better)

This and,
>does what I want
>found a "reason" for it
>browsing

Please explain your mental illness in detail and I will see if I can help. I am unfortunately not able to help cases of extreme mental retardation.

I own a fucking thinkpad as well.

I just completed my RHCE ffs. It isn't like I think MacOS is great or anything and I have a strong preference for linux, but having a laptop that just works is pretty nice.

I love the trackpad and the display. It is pretty light and i can just bring it to a coffee house and just ssh into my servers or whatever. Bring my thinkpad to do the same shit would mean a heavier laptop, a shittier trackpad and I a subpar display. Sure I can add a ips display to it but I like the macbook more.

I don't know a single professional that uses final cut anymore, and I work in the film industry. They shit up the newer versions to focus on Imovie for their target demographic of college students.

>ideaPad
>intentionally buying consumer grade garbage

In other words you bought a shitposting machine which could have easily have been replaced by something like a LG gram if you really cared about looks, weight and not looking like a fucking retard on a mongolian cave paintings forum. I thought I mentioned I can't help extreme mental retardation? Geez user. I can't believe I had to read the
>JUST WERKKKKSSSSSS!!!!!1
line in this post. Back to fagit pls.

Yeah I knew it was a risk when I got it but sometimes you gotta roll the dice.

>just works
>macshit
Pick one.

Attached: 1513632198043.jpg (656x611, 83K)

Watched her season of Ink Master the other week, I hate the way she talks but damn she's hot.

thats no excuse. just because you sell crack to junkies doesnt give you an excuse to also be a junkie

Attached: tfwnogf.jpg (800x800, 40K)

Because they're junk with a huge price tag. On top of that, they lack good hardware tech support. If it breaks, their first goal is to weasel out of accepting blame.

Which is why anyone with a brain has actively avoided that heap of shit. Doesn't it say something when the biggest players in operating systems are only delivering trash?

>needing to fix something on a $2000 machine

this

this.

youtube.com/user/rossmanngroup/videos

tossing up between MPB 15" 2018 or Surface Book 2

leaning towards the MPB desu, main use is uni & coding

You bought your primary computer second-hand from eBay. It is a laptop made by Lenovo. It was used by a word processing Stacey for 4 years. It is a dual-core i5 from 5 years ago. The top of the machine appears to have been used to sharpen knives. There's a creak in the bottom left corner if you press hard enough. The right trackpoint button is mis-aligned with the left. You needed to replace the keyboard because it was in some weird European layout. The screen is a 900p PWM brainstrobe. Your family are bored of hearing about your year-long repair chronicles. They don't understand why you bought it. The battery latch is broken and if you pick up the laptop it disconnects and kills the machine. It took 4 months for the machine's exhaust air to stop smelling like a mix of Fanta and dust. The right hinge is looser than the left one, the screw bosses are barely held in place. Aliexpress is still going to take 20 days to ship your replacement trackpad. You want to return it but you have too much anxiety to deal with the process. You activated Windows with Sergey's activation tool. The wifi keeps dropping out every 25 minutes for some reason, you've tried to work out why for 3 months but find no solutions in any of the old forum threads from 2013. You use it plugged into the wall and ethernet. You didn't thoroughly disinfect it upon arrival. That second-hand keyboard still has around 5 small hairs from the previous user and some weird sticky small residue patch on the top right of the 8 key. You don't have much money, you live in a small town, you performed at a just-below average level in school. You haven't had a job in 9 months. You've not hugged a girl you weren't related to in 3 years.

Apple reminds you that you are a failure. Apple infuriates you.

did wojak get tanned?

Reminder to report thinly veiled Apple shill threads.

I don't care for Apple ecosystem and I'm too poor for Macs anyway. But i don't hate them

Imagine being so emotionally attached to Apple that you have to write this wall of salt lol

It doesn't even look livid iPoojeet this time.

What’s this woman’s name? Need it to google pics of her feet for reasons later.

Bought my t420 a few years ago. Did the alienware panel swap. Shortly after I upgraded to the w530 and swapped the panel with a high gamut one. Flashed those custom bios and all that jazz. Upgraded another t420 to 1080p using those Chinese dp adapters.

Then I got a job at Amazon now I use MacBooks and eat like a king for free. Nobody really uses old laptops because they like them.

Attached: firsttrilliondollarcompany.jpg (1280x960, 91K)

Stacy would never ever ever buy a blocky, archaic laptop that only comes in black. The thought wouldn't even enter her mind.