Where do you assemble your computer Jow Forums?

Where do you assemble your computer Jow Forums?

Attached: computer.png (1920x1080, 1.77M)

I assembled mine on my carpet, not even joking

Oh my god its him

>that guy who shows up in your youtube recommendations

that's a fucking awful idea. Don't do that.

The correct answer is on a anti-static mat, but I don't have one, so instead I have an exposed ground I can clip to and a clean wooden table.

In my workshop / single bedroom apartment.

On a desk. Motherboard box is the patrician's test bed

i watch this guy every night before bed

He seems to always be drinking something in the videos I've seen. Must be shitty in Arizona.

Attached: 1507996659457.jpg (1580x784, 220K)

hes always dressed like it's still the 90s i love it

Did Jow Forums troll him? Was listening to his podcast the other day and he was absolutely oblivious to gnu/linux copypasta.

Attached: 1535492414622.png (1920x1080, 2.7M)

Same. I leave mine running on the carpet as well.

I rent out the clean room for microprocessor manufacturing at the University near me every time I need to assemble a computer or swap out parts. No human hands ever touch the components from the time they are laid out in the clean room to full assembly.

haha what a fucking autismus

i assembled my computer on the floor

leave Carey out of Jow Forums
don't get him 10yo retards to comment on his streams

Are anti static mats and bracelet thingies just a meme?
Anyone ever actually has problems because they didn't use one?

Ive put together nine PCs and not once have i used any ESD devices. Never had any issues and probably never will. I dont think these types of electronics are as sensitive to ESD as a lot of people think.

I ‘member when I drank a 750 of fireball in about an hour.

I'm working with quite expensive server hardware at my job and built several desktops in my free time. Haven't used mats or bracelets in years. Never encountered any issues.

Call me unprofessional but I'd probably vote for just a meme.

I don't believe you remember much of anything.

this guy's a fuckin' asshole.

Assembled mine on the carpet. Used the box that my monitor came in before I absent-mindedly put my finger on the CPU heatsink

>inb4 autismos REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

this fucking guy never accepts criticism and never admits he's wrong. i can't stand watching him

Meme
Having esd shoes like we do at work or simple socks you will not hold any charge that may damage shit. Also those chips are hardened against esd

>that's a fucking awful idea. Don't do that.
Do you believe that I worked in a company assembling server/workstation grade PCs for multi-million dollar gov dept which does all the hardware assembly on carpet ? lel. Because there was space constraint and tight deadlines we had to get stuff done on the carpet floor. It triggers me when I first started but after awhile it's like "meh".

When I built a new PC I didn't have money for a case that I wanted so I just left the motherboard running on the carpet. It's still fine to this day.