What the fuck happened, Jow Forums? just switched to chromium, works great, all websites display correctly...

what the fuck happened, Jow Forums? just switched to chromium, works great, all websites display correctly, fuckton of extensions. firefox is retarded, eats more ram and has no benefits over chrome*. vivaldi is a piece of trash that uses ancient engine and has shitty compitability with extensions. when did chromium become the most usable browser?

Attached: Chromium_logo.png (512x512, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>chromecucks

Cool story bro. KYS.

It's rubbish. It's only better than Firefox nowadays because Firefox also became trash after v57. There is not one good browser left.

Not using Brave or Waterfox

>firefox is retarded
agree
>vivaldi is a piece of trash that uses ancient engine and has shitty compitability with extensions.
I thought that both use the same engine, all websites load normally. Also aren't all chrome web store extensions compatibile with vivaldi?
Vivaldi is most functional browser available.

newfag

>Waterfox
lol

Enjoy having your add-ons cucked by Google if it hurts their bottom line.

Vivaldi can do everything chrome can do, better, and with less google-crap phoning home involved.

And you can rice it the fuck up...

just get the code from the firefox one, re-insert it into the chrome code and you're good.

Attached: Chrome suxx.png (1920x1044, 2.13M)

Not an argument Mozillafag

Welcome to 2014.

I just use it because I can actually get hardware accelerated video working on Linux with it.
It's stupid to me that Firefox hasn't implemented that after all these years despite supposedly caring about Linux users.

Just make sure you use ungoogled chromium

waterfox is fucking great, it's a faster and much less bloated version of firefox, you can use XUL addons too.

Basically the only acceptable browsers are waterfox and ungoogledC

>ungoogled chromium

That'd be Vivaldi M8.

Attached: And it's animooted too.webm (1920x1080, 2.52M)

because i dont want to check for and manually download updates, remember we're all fat lazy neckbeards here. firefox is better unless you have some specific use case extension that doesnt work on chrome store foxified

And where does it say that? Vivaldi is only half-open source, and the chromium part doesn't guarantee that they've ungoogled the fuck out of it.

Hit their forums, it's like their primary mission after rice-ablility.

I'd love to use it because it's so riceable so I'll check it out. It's the one thing regular chromium is missing.

>eats more RAM
I have 20 tabs open on windows

>no benefits over Chrome*
Spoken like someone who doesnt know shit about about:config

Attached: wut.png (1920x1052, 248K)

enjoy your botnet

what are you doing with your life with so many Jow Forums tabs open my god

>what the fuck happened, Jow Forums?
The 20 rupees Google promised for this post arrived on your Google Play account I guess.

>Windows 10
Just give up and use Chrome.

Cant use the normal internet browser that comes with it.

Attached: 3917401630173.jpg (600x800, 75K)

>and has no benefits over chrome*.
I'm gonna blow your fucking mind

about:config

All browsers are shit because all modern software is shit but Firefox is the superior choice.

As much as I despise Google products, I've come to the acceptance that they already know I'm a faggot. I should just embrace the botnet. If the FBI ever comes after me, Google already has enough to implicate me.

i once got chromium when trying to download a ROM i think and i didn't even know it was a virus so i just closed it every time my PC started up and finally i got rid of it after like half a year

this. old firefox and old opera were the best
i really wanted to like it, but no. styler doesnt work, and some websites that i need dont display correctly. i have used vivaldi when it just came out, at the moment it was something new and interesting. it looks like it made no progress though
i use regular chromium because i can actually get updated extensions. if they worked correctly, i would switch to ungoogledc
chrlauncher my dude
i hate googlel, but their search solution is fucking great. if you're using something other than google, you are just wasting your time

Compiling chromium in gentoo is pain in the ass and takes a lot more time than firefox. I can't choose which one is the best :(

>what are you doing with your life with so many Jow Forums tabs open my god
wtf is wrong with that cunt? you dont open catalog and open all interesting links?
and then press w to watch if you want to see where the thread goes and close it?
how the fuck are you doing it then?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-29_23-57-06.png (1280x800, 169K)

I actually don't usually have that many tabs open. It was to prove how ignorant OP is.

I don't like Chrome. Firefox works better for me.

same except I don't close them anymore

Attached: yikes.png (321x131, 5K)

but why? aren't those just dead threads? and can you actually search for words inside those threads? else it's just useless
I use separate watchlists for separate boards and toggle it using t and refresh using shift + r without even opening to see if i've got any replies.
i dont auto remove dead threads too though but i got to do it.

Attached: dont_look_tabs_plz.png (1280x800, 252K)

What are the best about:config features?

>I don't like Chrome. Firefox works better for me.
It's pointless if you're using Windows 10 to begin with.

How so? Chrome doesnt offer half the things in about:config.

>20 tabs of /g...

Attached: Forever-alone.jpg (1500x1479, 184K)

a decade ago

I have 97 tabs open on the most recent release of Firefox, and it's running smooth as butter.

I've been using WinRAR for 15 Years now.

And yes, I never paid for the licence.

I've been thinking of switching to the Open Source PeaZip alternative that supports almost every known archive format in some way.

The only disadvantage is that I can't make RAR files with it, only view them and extract them.

Is it worth it, or does it have some problems I am still not aware of?

I'm not ready for a change this drastic without proof that it's worth it.

Attached: 1024px-Peazip_ico.svg.png (1024x1024, 76K)

Agreed, it's literally the only one that's usable on Linux because it's the only one that supports hardware video acceleration, although you do need a special build of it (chromium-vaapi from the AUR).

>"smart" enough to use linux
>watches videos in her browser
shiggy

doesn't 7zip support all of them anyway?

Attached: 1516539520907.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

And we all switched back in 2010-12.

I'd be using Vivaldi if it didn't stutter all the time on my PC. Only browser I've tried that does this.

enjoy the botnet

Attached: gnuclear.png (601x469, 217K)

>20
I've had over 1000 tabs at a time. Only Waterfox could deal with that.

>I've had over 1000 tabs at a time.
That's retarded and nothing to brag about.
>Only Waterfox could deal with that.
And you're lying.

That just means you need to update the ffmpeg libs/codecs and the drivers for your GPU. Used to have the same issue with stuttering, not anymore.

I've used that for months, but it has some serious issues with rendering sites correctly sometimes.

Also when you maximise the window, you can't access the taskbar.

It has all sorts of such small but annoying bugs, which is probably wju they're not official builds.

the ones they are removing...

about:config entries are prone to be removed with no previous discussion so you can't depend on it.

This is a decent list to see what can be done. It doesnt cover everything though. There's hundreds of options.

github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js/

This isn't for Windows, right?