Entry level job

>entry level job
>3 years of experience
>technologies no one would ever use outside work
how did you find your first job?

Attached: 1532418247832.gif (560x411, 74K)

I walked up to the manager and grasped his hand firmly. I was told he liked the cut of my jib and that was that.

kek

German Vocational Training System

Attached: so_good.jpg (659x609, 31K)

I did the following:

> Get bachelor's degree with honours
> Finish PhD
> Search "python jobs" on linkedin
> Apply for first position listed as "senior software engineer"
> Get interview
> Get phone call offering job
> starting job jan 14 2019

It's easy

total comp?

dumb nazi poster

> Internship in the Software Architecture lab in my uni
> Professor has a company, recently lost an employee and thinks I'm good for replacing him
> I start on Monday

I'm in my third job now, and thank god I never had to apply for anything, it's always recommendation from people who have seen my work, guess it means I'm doing something right. I guess having a good uni also helps.

this, only idiots apply for random jobs

Total what?

The offer was 82.5k AUD

>manager is a 60y/o guy with Rheumatoid arthritis
>walk up and firmly grasp his hand
>he screams in agony

internship to full time at Amazon. Honestly feel really lucky with the internship since i had no work experience before it.

entry level means entry level pay
you need 3 to 5 years of experience

degree and phd in what?

temp agency

+ bachelor's in Firm Handshake Studies

>masters in computer science
>don't feel competent enough and afraid I could fuck up

Send your resume to entry positions regardless of requirements.

Are you me?

About to finish my research msc. in comp sci.

Got interview offer, made a meal out some basic coding questions I should have known. No offer

Feelsbadman :(

In that case you tell him you'll only let go when you get the job, which is when he tells you he likes the cut of your jib and you get the job.

just stay neet, work is fucking terrible anyway

Fuck, that sucks. I'm sure you'll be less nervous next time and leave a better impression.

I do the same, btw. If I'm really nervous and/or put on the spot I just go blank.

I got a CCNA and MSCA

Job offers came in flowing. It was mostly helped desk type shit but after I got a RHCSA and upgraded to a CCNP and MSCE I was able to get those mid tier level jobs.

N E P O T I S M

agreed, life in general is awful when you realise that throughout your whole life it's one big rinse and repeat

school
>Go to school
>learn shit till 3pm
>Get home and do whatever you do at home
>Sleep
>Rinse and repeat until graduation to University

University
>Go to lectures
>Go home or do club shit after your day at uni
>Rinse and repeat until you graduate

Worklife
>Wake up and get ready
>Travel to work
>Stay there for 8 or more hours
>Go home
>Sleep
Rinse and repeat until you pay off your loans and mortgage.

What field? I got a job at a shitty PC repair shop when I was 16, then used that experience to get a fiels technician job, then used some spare cash to get my LPIC and Network+ and got a network admin job. This is without college education btw

I sucked his dick and agreed to occasional booty calls

worth for 100k+ and if not actually working

you're probably the same faggots who thought bitcoin wasn't worth getting involved in years back too

enjoy wagecucking for mr noseberg till you're dead

lmao you needed a bachelors and PhD to make barely 60k USD how embarrassing

>post pictures of maids on an imageboard with ten users
>two years later I'm a live-in maid

3 years as in you actually did something related to your field other than sit on your ass and watch anime all day.

NEET here. I'm 3 years in and it's destroying my mental health. Not in an obvious "wow that guy's lost it" way, but in a "huh, I don't think I used to have all these problems" way. What do you do most days? I quit video games and it was like seeing the [horrible] world for what it is for the first time. Everyone is super into video games and cares about little else. If you're not one of them, it suddenly becomes a bit disturbing and uncomfortable. I probably just got in with the wrong crowd.

it doesnt work in the long run

>apply for internship
>phone interview
>recruitment manager likes me
>seems enthusiastic about working with me
>another phone interview
>hiring managers like me
>All looks good
>wait 10 days
>finally get a response
>"We decided to go with another individual. His experience from his PREVIOUS INTERNSHIP met the goals of what the team was trying to do"
>'So you basically chose the dude who had the opportunity trained by another company'
>'Isn't the point of the internship to provide some training for prospective employees?'
>You can try applying for some other posiitons, though
>'FFS'
Even internships won't give me a position. That's a damn good question, OP.
That's a damn misnomer, then.

Look for less known firms.

This is now a NEET thread. You've been given a monthly allowance. Feel free to think of it as UBI (Universal Basic Income) or whatever else. How do you spend your time?

>work (maybe a job you wouldn't "risk" having before)
>explore hobbies at home
>learn things online from home
>spend time in academia
>other???

Attached: 1529268775852.jpg (1006x706, 91K)

dumb dumb poster

fap.

live in different countries and study the language

After graduation from uni with software engineering degree I found my first job in sales. And I don't regret it, cause my peers who got their job as coders are often complaining about how actually shitty their job is... burning eyes with cheap monitors, they are fucking their brains and not their gf's, loss of social interraction due to constant learning of different frameworks, tools, technologies, chase of being relevant in the field etc... I still code for fun as a hobby and create little programs to ease my work.

Keep on HODLing. Crypto isn't worth shit now. You can't hold on to the past.

I went through periods of "neet" when I had breaks from school. Had 3 months of nothing before I started working. Was bored out of my mind and felt like I wasted my life. Gym for 60-90 minutes and rest of the day was like 2is hrs of some game and watching anime/YouTube. Wanted to end it all

How are you a neet for 3 years? Never got a job and still live with parents? Saved up and then quit? Passive income?

Being a neet is soul sucking unless you are wealthy. UBI or autism bux is enough to live and some extra things. 99% of neets do nothing but fap all day and watch anime/play video games. This meme about neets bettering themselves need to end. Most don't.

I went to uni and got a degree. Got an internship and the company gave me a full time offer before my last year started. Been working full time for about a month. It sucks waking up early but I get to work with a team I like to be around and the projects are interesting and challenging.

There has never been 'entry level' development jobs. You always had to bamboozle the interviewers by inflating your skills and then literally wing it on the job to get up to speed. Thankfully most developers don't know shit and couldn't fizzbuzz, they primarily coast in these organizations that primarily are made up of answering emails, meetings, filling out paperwork and adding some button to a database to enter business logic.

Another way if you're not willing to just fake it until you make it, is to start at the very bottom, get in via customer support and then transfer internally to a developer role.

>get in via customer support and then transfer internally to a developer role
Does this actually work? Do people do this?

>get dumped by a company that does programming boot camps
>go home in anguish
>get back into running with running groups in town
>meet people
>the leader of one group asks if I have a programming job
>nope
>tells me he's going to recommend me to a place he used to work for
>go to get an interview
>do alright, no white board, just one on one
>get the job
I just need to hang out with people I guess.

This, desu senpai. My dad knows the head of IT and that was basically it. Of course, having a Sec+ helped.

First job I got paid for was as temp labor.
They had a nigga tearing down rack systems and installing them in a new warehouse

Fuck m8, that's awful. I got a job at an extremely comfy non-profit for that much with an associate's degree straight from school. I could make 100k easy with the experience I have now but where I am is seriously so nice that the extra 40k isn't worth it. Do yourself a favor and keep looking. If you can't find anything for more than 100k AUD then wait a year and jump ship.

Lie about everything. EVERYTHING.

I was a NEET 6 months ago but as far as my coworkers are concerned I used to be a successful Crypto trader and my portfolio was at one point worth 1 million dollars. This job is actually a means to just get by and I don't need it.

What are the benefits?

Retail
FUCKING RETAIL

>This meme about neets bettering themselves need to end. Most don't.
That doesn't matter. If you want to better yourself, and you don't want to work, you can do it. It doesn't matter that 10 other NEETs won't do it. You are in control of yourself.

My professor handed out flyers for a nearby plant and I applied since I was finishing my 2yr degree that month. Now I work comfy helpdesk for $15/hr

I know that but you see ebin memes posted about neets being enlighten by studying philosophy and shit at home. I don't like how the general view here about neets is that they are woke af when most don't do shit but leech of mummy

Yes, companies will always hire from within first since they know you, taking on an unknown person is a huge risk which is why normally only 'networking' gets you those kinds of roles unless you pass a battery of interviews, tests and background checks.

Job market = risk market. If they already know you're not a psycho or shitty worker, if you start committing feature changes to the code and it's good you'll get upped. Then work as a 'junior' long enough until you can jump ship to a senior role and negotiate a new salary. That's how it's usually done if you don't get recruited right out of university

>establishing dominance

Majority of jobs are gotten through networking, the rest are dweebs who did a bunch of projects outside of work and are over-qualified for these low-level positions.

i live in a 3rd world shithole so have that in mind while reading these..

>1st job
I hadn't finished university yet and I was working in my graduation project.
The teacher that was overlooking my project contacted me one day and he told me
one of his friends was looking for coders.
I contacted the dude and he asked me to show up the next day for a writen test.
The test were about 11 simple questions, some basic coding like sorting an array,
finding the biggest of two number, saying if a number was even, doing some SQL
queries, designing a DB and such.
A week later i was called by the guy again for an interview, after the interview
I got the job. I was basically a DB admin and most of the stuff i did were reports
or scripts to handle the company data. Worked there for 4 years.

continue..

>2nd job
i was fired from my previous job because, putting it simple, upper managment didn't
like me.
Went full NEET for about 8 months until i decided to start looking for a new job.
I was browsing facebook one day and saw an ad for a local start up looking for
laravel developers, I had studied laravel on my own while on my previous job so I
decided to go. 6 people total showed up, they made a small test for us,
it was basically a CRUD for a table and connecting the data with the Google Maps API.
A week later I got an inverview and a 2 month contract followed, it was a small company,
5 people total including me, after the first 2 months they made another contract for 6 monhts.
I felt like i was the only one working there, the "frond-end" guy just copy pasted templates
from the internet and called it a day, even if it had broken JS that I would later have
to fix to make the UI work.
The "team lead" hardly showed up to work since he had another full time job and it was
never available and only gave a general oversight of the products, I would
have to guess a lot of functionalities that would be required, even if i never met with the clients,
and change them later when they finally decied to be more specific about them.
After the second contract I decided to not work with them anymore.

continue..

made a shitty niche store, took all the gift money i got prior to finishing high school and shilled the fuck out.

Attached: dtd.gif (294x350, 1.38M)

This desu. It's not even about lying either, you just want to give the appearance that you're not a loser and that you're a good fit for the company. That's really all most corporations care about for these low-level positions.

>3rd job
after the last job I knew that I have to get something fast or else I would go full NEET again,
i talked to a highschool friend and he told me about this website were companies post job offerings and
you can simply sent your resume to them and they'll contact you if interested. I'm sure there are many
websites like this in all countries.
I made a resume and applied for jobs that matched my interest and experience, I also started to apply
to jobs in other cities since I wanted to move out from my parents house.
I got a couple of interview offers but since I have never travel by my own to other cities I rejected
a couple out of dump fear.
Eventually i got contacted by a company that did their test remotely instead of requiring you to go in
person so I did their test. Was basically designing and elaborating a basic webapp to handle the info
for a printing company they gave a full weekend to work on it, i finished it and hosted the app in heroku
and sent them the link.
I was called later for an interview, this time i decided to go, it was a 5 hours bus trip just to get there,
interview lasted like 15 minutes and then i just went back to my home city, another 5 hours trip.
A week later i was contacted again by them and was offered a job, shitty pay but is better than nothing i guess.
Moved to a shared apartment that is walk distant to the office and I've been working there since february.
For the curious I work with Odoo now, it's a python ERP, although i sometimes have to do maintenance to an old java web application.

Besides those, I've been doing freelance stuff for old classmates (Drupal, Laravel). Probably gonna start working with one of them
after completing one year in my current job if they don't give me a raise.

end.

>Being a neet is soul sucking unless you are wealthy. UBI or autism bux is enough to live and some extra things. 99% of neets do nothing but fap all day and watch anime/play video games. This meme about neets bettering themselves need to end. Most don't.

I disagree. I think if we lived in a society where NEETs were truly able to live independently they would find a way to better themselves.

The only reason NEETs don't do anything is because they are scared of failure and they are scared of not having a "successful" job. As soon as an individual's value is seperated from their wage job, the NEET no longer has anything to be scared of. They can investigate their own desires rather than forcing themeslves to do things they don't want to do for money.

how old are you btw? you say you avoided offers because the bus trip scared you

I totally would start doing a video game.

friend recommended me at his company.

That is an extremely philosophical and idealistic view that only works if they are wealthy or have some way to live (pay rent, food, travel, etc) without working. Assuming they can pay for it, I still think 99% won't do shit. It's just a fact of life.

first job was at 22,
the bus thing was earlier this year at 27, I'm 28 now.
In my defense I don't know anyone in this city and the city itself is 8 times bigger than the one I'm originally from. Needless to say I'm the robot kind of guy that has no friends and never leaves his house to begin with.
I know is embarrassing, but that's what happens when you live your whole life with your parents and let them do everything for you (food, washing clothes, cleaning room and such), as i see it moving out was over all a good thing, kind of fixed my relationship with my parents and i don't feel like an useless piece of shit (most of the time) anymore.

>no experience
>no skills
>no references
>fast food places won't hire me
How to get money?

Attached: 1521792739929.gif (500x500, 1.28M)

Learn a useful skill.

What are useful skills?

Attached: 1524898689587.jpg (1000x562, 117K)

Packed my stuff and moved to a different country, where there are jobs.

If you did a PhD and you don't have TT, postdoc, or research scientist/industry R&D offers, you fucked up.

neetbux

kek
I liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiek the cut of youyor jeb.

The government won't give me anything because my parents make a lot of money.

Being able to professionally translate Japanese.

Then you're already set for life

Aka out of job in a few years when machine translation takes over

I can't do that though.

No, they don't care about me beyond not letting me die until they do. I'm not even in the will.

Attached: you cant learn japanese.jpg (211x238, 7K)

Manager asked if I know Silverlight in 2009, I said yes. Got job. Don't know Silverlight, didn't have to do anything with it. Left 3 months in doubling my salary. Wasn't much still but got a job either way

You have shitty parents

They didn't throw me out to be homeless so that's nice. Wish they'd give me gas money to go to community college or something but oh well.

Unironically kill yourself. You're just delaying starvation until your parents die as it is. You can't get a job with no experience after 18.

>how did you find your first job?
Got a friend to put in a word for me with his boss for a "trainee" position (I was straight out of uni, 0 experience). That got me to bypass all HR bullshit and I went straight to a technical-ish interview with the boss, where he was happy with my knowledge and impressed with a few projects I worked on during uni. I got the job.

They failed as parents. If a person grows up being a skill less worthless neet, then why should the parents do anymore than feeding them and clothing them? He's already staying at home and eats food without paying a dime. I'm glad his parents aren't spineless and letting a worthless faggot spend their hard earned money

The parents made him as he is though. If anything, they are still failing him because they aren't helping him. And kicking him out would be another parenting failure.

Can someone please just help me? So far the only advice has been either learn Japanese or kill myself.

Attached: 1489868327932.jpg (1280x720, 213K)

My prof could tell I was good and approached me for a gig outside.

Sell art commissions on Patreon.

I can't draw, user.

Attached: 1531423739101.jpg (512x512, 30K)

Not all the blame is on the parents. They can only do so much if the child is a worthless faggot and refuses to learn any skills.

Go learn web dev or python. Maybe learn basic sys admin stuff. Then make a github/blog and put your work on there. It'll take time and effort but you can maybe get a few freelance gigs and possibly a job later.

I tried user, I just can't seem to do anything right. I can make the stupid beginner terminal "programs" like a character counter or a game of hangman but then I have no idea how to even approach real problems.

Attached: 32a77023b267c7996735ea2f88865e225005f191_hq.gif (384x216, 433K)

take HRT and become my personal homemaid boiwife/boislut

My mom rushed into my room and after telling me I'm a failure, she told there's an opportunity she knows about and I should immediately depart to get this job.
Now, if you're talking about the first tech job, I got really sick of the job I had, and just made a CV on a job website, describing all things I have learned so far, including several things related to Windows Server, several things related to Linux I did on my router and basic networking stuff. Got two offers in one day out of blue after a month.
Remember that HRs are hiring all kinds of people and they may not put a position anywhere to avoid being flooded with responses. Just be moderate and I believe you'll get the job if you like what you're doing.

I would do that if you bought me presents, I'm too ugly though.

Attached: 1523216414828.png (407x654, 318K)

Dropped out of college learning IT during my second year (of three) because of depression. Then I became a useless NEET for 2 years. Having no responsibilities, friends, or a life was pretty great at first but eventually I became even more depressed.

So I started to look for a job. Any job really. So I applied for a nigger tier job in a big warehouse. Did packaging and some order picking for about a year. I soon became a burnout and quit in order to go back to college.

That didn't really pan out because before I knew it I became a useless NEET for 2 years again. Having no responsibilities, friends, or a life was pretty great at first but eventually I became even more depressed.

After quitting weed, I enrolled in a webdev course (adult education, not even college) so I could get SOME kind of a degree. This course was supposed to take 2 years, but 1.5months in, the teacher acknowledged my skills and told me to apply at the tiny webdev company she worked at. I had done some JavaScript, php etc years ago just for fun. But the position I was applying for was reactjs, which I had no experience for. After a two week trial run I was told I had good enough potential to learn their stack so they gave me a 6 month paid internship. It's now been 2months since the end of that internship and I still work there, with an open ended contract and making about 24k euros a year.

It's not much but I love my current job and company, and even though it's just a node/react code monkey job, I feel pretty good about it considering most of my adult life has been foreshadowing for a lifelong NEET existence. At least I do coding for a living now, which had been my dream ever since the warehouse job.

Attached: 1474671623431-pol.jpg (1424x2000, 507K)

Delete all the anime you have and read a programming book from the beginning and do every exercise. Afterwards, make a portfolio website with the language you spend a month or two working in. Start personal projects (maybe recreated tool you use all the time) and put it on your github and write a blog post about in on your website.

>Delete all the anime you have
Why do you want to hurt me? I don't hurt anyone. I just like cute girls.
>read a programming book from the beginning and do every exercise.
Ok. Is "Learn Python The Hard Way" good? I just checked the Jow Forums wiki for something.
Thank you for responding seriously to me, user.

Attached: e6c8a88286b74f5a86f6aec32342a471.png (540x482, 268K)

>Keep on HODLing. Crypto isn't worth shit now. You can't hold on to the past.
>he thinks crypto is over
lolcat.jpg
get rekt im gunna be rich af. kys

> learn to program
> make mobile game
> insert ads and in-app purchases
> get rich
c'mon Jow Forums, it's not that hard.