Hi Jow Forums

Hi Jow Forums,

I have some old-ass Trust Tytan 2.1 speakers (pic related) that come with a little knob to adjust volume with. When the volume goes over like 50%, the subwoofer automatically turns on and gives mad bass until I turn the volume down again. Googling didn't seem to help since I didn't really know how to describe the problem (I'm no audio expert obviously). What could it be? I don't really think the age is a problem since I had the same problem ages ago and it sort of just solved itself, until now.

I read something about grounded/ungrounded power sockets, the speakers are in an extension bar (which is grounded).

Thanks guys!

Attached: trust-tytan-21-speaker-set.jpg (1920x1183, 360K)

Other urls found in this thread:

a.co/d/d0EOPCB
a.co/d/eB69OYA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Let me guess: You've got an nvidia card.

Yeah. How is that related though?

Then just buy a new one. Trust me.

Could you elaborate?

Purchase a cool and super loud bassy sound rig by compensating a salesmans expenses with monetary funds, preferrably the Trump approved patriotic american united states dollar. Support your local economy to better the world and don't cheap out! The more money flows, the better you look in front of your friends.

You're full of shit lol. I picked this set up for like 50€ 5 years ago.

not related at all, I understand your problem but got no idea what would cause it. Maybe bad audio balance if you connected the speakers at the back of the pc since there is a dedicated subwoofer port there. If your set has only one 3.5mm jack try to connect it to the front "headphone" port of your computer that outputs amplified flat stereo

How embarrassing. But luckily you could escape the torture of looking like an ass by having the ability to post about your dark ages anonymously.

I would recommend the Edifier USA e25HD Luna Eclipse HD 2.0 ( a.co/d/d0EOPCB ).
This bargain will provide you with crystal clear full range sound, down to 50Hz, where these really shine. They are all american made and will make any pussy.

Fuck off you bum weirdo, the grownups are talking.

…wet.

Didn't help. Besides, it wouldn't explain why they did work well beforehand.

Take your le epic trole elsewhere

why they did work well before*
I mean that this issue only started two weeks or so ago, before that they worked fine

I'll give you the quick redpill: either dissasemble the stuff, trace the circuit and diagnose the problem yourself, or buy new speakers. Nobody here will know what causes an obscure problem on some obscure 5 year old chink speakers.
Changing the capacitors could work but that's a long shot.

Fine, you don't prefer edifier, that's totally understandable. I too was once in the rebel phase.
Well, we still must overcome your trust issues though.
How about the Yamaha NX-50? ( a.co/d/eB69OYA ) They are a real bargain for what they are. But be careful! Don't crank these up too loud or your neighbours (or landlord) will be very angry.

Fair enough, thanks

hm, it's either a drive issue in which case uninstall audio drivers (assuming you on windows) and roll with the default ones for a while or a hardware issue on the speakers and the part that separates the frequencies to each separate speaker is broken/loose/i don't know

yep, follow that

Is it really a volume control or is it an adjustment for the threshold level of the subwoofer?

It's a total volume control. As I said, even if I don't play any music and turn up the volume the problem occurs.

Install some equalizer and lower the volume so you have to put the speakers above 50 all the time

And I think its related by some electrical failure on the subwoofer, might be wrong.

Probably broken loudness compensation chip. Throw away.