Stressed, Tired, and Hopeless

I'm currently diagnosed with Aspergers, a form of autism that empairs information processing. I was planning on eventually going into Computer Science eventually, but the amount of information and attention to detail required for that is enormous, and a recent experience with one of my college classes made me realize that just how stressed and angry I get when trying to take in or keep up with information is sometimes unhealthy for me. I don't know what I'm good for anymore, but I definitely don't think it's CS. Probably IT at most. and I'm not saying this because I can't put 2 and 2 together in Python, I'm saying this because real CS goes far beyond that.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (2938x2203, 1004K)

>I don't know what I'm good for anymore, but I definitely don't think it's CS
pic related

Attached: 800px_COLOURBOX2669702.jpg (530x800, 64K)

Thanks for the blog post sperglord.

>ASSBURGERS
You probably don't have anything wrong with you. They hand out diagnosis for everything these days. Just pretend there is nothing wrong with you and that you're just 'quirky' if anybody asks. Computer science is easy. You learn it incrementally, and you don't overload yourself with too many credits/classes. It's a weekly slog you do for 4 years. You probably haven't tried whatsoever to compliment your courses with outside information either I bet.

Why don't you take stats instead. A bachelor's in stats you can work in finance or just pick up a Python book and start writing out machine learning code

You sound like a class-A drama queen desu.
How about fixing your personality first?

You know what, I''m not even going to argue with you two. I lost, end of story.

>how stressed and angry I get when trying to take in or keep up with information is sometimes unhealthy for me
>recommends stats
lmao

>empairs
You don't sound smarter by using words that are obsolete. You just look like an attention whore who thinks he knows more than he does.

The word you're looking for is impair, and it has been in use for over 200 years.

>guess I'll no longer make the effort to overcome it then.
If you need more time to process all the information, then you take your fucking time.
Sounds to me like you think you have to learn everything all at once. You don't. When I'm learning on my own and realize I need to research on something first, I stop what I'm doing and go look into that before resuming.

I appreciate your support user but stats aren't good for me when see is a really big point.

Well of course I want input if I make a post like this, but if I knew fucking anything beyond what was stated I wouldn't doubt myself.

Diagnosed assburgers here too.
I can't into atudying at all either, in fact I dropped out of highschool (or its equivalent here in Spain, rather), which completely fucked my possibilities of getting a job or any higher education. I live off autismbux and fixing stuff for people on the side.
My advice is: just learn something you're interested in by yourself, since you'll take that information in just fine. Then go ahead and "study" that subject (aka go to class to learn absolutely nothing and then pass the exams). Also, go to a psychiatrist or something and get some meds. I'm on sodium valproate, risperidone and lormetazepam (for sleeping), and they turn me into an almost fully working human being.

I do have brief but satisfactory descriptions of the topics I'm interested in, but I haven't done much research outside of that. With the amount of work cooleg hands out I feel like it'll be awhile (if ever) before I can do anything more substantial. Also, I do take meds, but the environment is stressful.

Welp. I can't help you, then. I was like that six-seven years ago too. Shit got so intense I tried to kill myself (don't use a power cable as a noose, kids. Your unconscious thrashing about will break it!), and I got into a lot of shit (psychiatric wards, daycare hospitals). You'll probably have to pass through that to get anywhere.
>awhile
I hope your future suicide attempt is successful.

Well just in case I do kill myself, like you expect, my plans were to make an alternate version of the Linux kernel that focus specifically on adressing its criticisms (bloat, code quality, hardware support, etc.)
But since most people who use Linux probably use a full system without those issues while tinkering with the kernel occasionally, maybe my idea isn't that important.

It isn't. NetBSD exists, you know.

Computer science is insane and yes the amount of detail required is insane. not only do you need to be of perfect sound mind you pretty much have to be in the upper spectrum to survive. But fear not. There are jobs available for you and there is reward even doing shitty jobs that nobody likes to do.

Sounds like Uriel. Don't get carried away in tinfoil stuff and calling everything harmful like Uriel. Go outside and look at a flower, even if you totally fail at your degree you're still a man. Don't base your self-worth on how well you can do CS, that's how Google keeps its minions afraid and docile.

Overcome your challenges and stop being a shitass "pragmatist" who thinks genetic shortcomings will stop the ambition to do something you love.

It's not necessarily that I think Linux is harmful, I just respect it and I want to see it improve. Whether that's from a fork of it (my original plan) or just working on the main kernel.

I went back and forth a few times on whether I wanted to mix BSD with Linux or switch over to BSD, but then I realised I wanted to do this to fix an issue I see and BSD doesn't have these issues. It'll be a bit before I know enough to actually contribute anything though.

Do you have any of the complications relating to digesting various foods that are often associated with Asperger's?

Source on this?

>I'm currently diagnosed with Aspergers.
My sides just Blue screened.

Source needed. I used to have acid reflux but I think it was unrelated to "muh autism"