In first day of college

>in first day of college
>have to use canvas.(college).edu for pretty much everything
>not think much of it
>professor basically says this tracks everything you do on the PC while you're on this website
Does your college use this botnet Jow Forums?

Attached: canvas-logo-3.jpg (485x264, 16K)

Yes. It also uses gapps suite, but core systems are all built in house by our IT department.

Other botnets normies use are:
Groupme
Discord
Slack
Social Media Apps
Adobe Creative Botnet
A printing manager that tracks printing creds
Our meal management system is soliciting bids that include fingerprints and biometrics for entry
Annnndddd not to mention those retards use FAFSA which is hooked into botnet usa

Attached: raf750x1000075tgrey_lightweight_hoodie.u4.jpg (480x480, 31K)

Is there even such thing as a privacy protecting college?
I don't mean this in a >just give up goyim
way

And we have a login management system called Okta. Which is retarded. Like ultra retarded. Like ultra kill me now retarded. Unrelated to OKTA, a database was compromised that included our plaintext passwords and school emails. So now I get a bunch of emails saying "I know your password and it is vduxusjheg762!, so send me nudes or ill ruin your life." So now the botnet is us in a sense.

My college knows very well i post racist and homophobic shit on Jow Forums but can't stop me because i'm a minority. I am the beast they worship.

God i fucking hate canvas, my uni is "testing it out" to replace blackboard and its so shit in comparison.
if you have a 6 digit id like my school the bot sending the email probably randomizes the recipient with the [school] . edu email or whatever.

if they want to screw you they'll find a way regardless of what you did/didn't do. #YOLO

Good thing colleges only care about your shekels, unless you draw a lot of media attention or something.

It can't track anything outside of the sandboxed envoirement the browser gives it.
so only your mouse location on the website, pages you opened on the website, time spend on the website, etc.

>>professor basically says this tracks everything you do on the PC while you're on this website
Unless you install some botnet with your own hands it's not possible.

>college
Retard.

Yes, but I only use it with IE on a Windows 7 VM, innasandbox no less.

No it doesn't, you retard.

Well the random.characters are a placeholder. It was one of my old passwords that I had used with my school account.

>highlight quiz question
>right click
>search on Google
>logged in to [email protected] Google account
>do this for all my general education classes over three years
>never caught
Pretty sure he was bullshitting you.

Website scripts are run in a sandbox idiot.

Something worse than Blackboard? Jesus...

Attached: 1521692830767.jpg (652x315, 33K)

install moodle

Lmao your professors a retard, I cheated on every canvas test I ever had in college

Even if it was able to see what tabs you have open on your browser, which it can't, Firefox's containers completely sandbox a group of tabs isolating them from any others you have open.

>he fell for the college meme

Attached: 1515865523256.gif (250x187, 1.68M)

It's not possible for it to see anything besides what you do on the canvas site.
Otherwise you could just randomly navigate to some website and it would basically own your computer.

Lmao. My school has a new phishing email wave every other week. It's so fucking annoying.

please tell me you are from America. that would be too good

It's honestly terrible, blackboard is amazing compared to the pile of dogshit that is canvas

Yup America.

Attached: sadcat8.png (640x479, 362K)