Goddamn why is linux software so fucking shit?

Goddamn why is linux software so fucking shit?

i have literally never installed a piece of linux software (from package managers , mind you) that worked on the first fucking try flawlessly as it does on wangblows

take a wild fucking example, none of redshift, blueshift, screen-dimmer, you fucking name it work.

oh and the linux version of chromium and waterfox constantly break and have weird issues (this is probably something from the distro component itself, not the software,thanks, manjaro™)

the only one that worked fine on the first try was tor, fucking TOR, and it still had weird theme issues but that didn't matter much.

oh and less not talk about all the missing fonts in a distro that's supposed to just werk™, i might as well go full non-systemd minimal distro autism

why don't linux software devs focus on polishing their shit? are they this fucking incompetent?

>use ubuntu then lole
then what's the fucking point, if i'm going to use a slow ass bloated piece of shit i might as well go full windows 7

Attached: 1530939823520.jpg (1920x1080, 356K)

its the retard filter

Attached: rms_snapy.jpg (640x480, 277K)

>he fell for the loonix meme
Linux has its uses, but none of them involve a GUI.

On openbsd all i have to do is install sct and then input whatever temperature number i want

Campfire style: sct 4500

Dust storm on Mars style: sct 2000

Coffee free all nighter style: sct 8000

works on my machine

git gud

>Hahaha i'm so l33t i know how to fix my programs
>nevermind that i never figured any of it on my own i just follow /fglt/ and linuxquestions by the letter like a drone to fix my shit

your shit doesn't break because the only piece of software you run on it is firefox

i have seen this thread multiple times last few days

stop being so autistic and shitting up this board with boring b8s

What you are referring to as TOR is in fact the TOR browser bundle not the TOR daemon

Ahh the loonix toodler got triggered.
git gud, user error

>apple shills threads recently getting BTFO extra hard after the iPajeet exposed himself as using an iphone on vodaphone india
>sudden extreme MASSIVE daily influx of:
>OMGWTFDSJASKJD WINDOZE SUX threads
>OMGWTFDSJASKJD LOONIX SUX threads
I wonder who could be behind these posts.

Attached: 1510406496665.jpg (643x960, 256K)

>people are actually trying linux and they hate it
>must be one shitposter r-right

Attached: 2018-08-29-230105_1680x1050_scrot.png (1680x1050, 261K)

>softwares not working on the first try without errors is user error
he ain't wrong

>then what's the fucking point, if i'm going to use a slow ass bloated piece of shit i might as well go full windows 7

What are your specs and what are you trying to run? It sounds like you have no idea what you're doing and acting like a spoiled child isn't endearing. Why do you think debian based os' are bloated? Is it the way debian based os' split packages? It creates a larger count for the same amount of packages most os' have. Incidentally that's not 'bloated', taxing your cpu and ram makes a userland bloated. Maybe your issue is pebcak, most sw isn't broken out of the gate unless you're installing from the aur. Oh wait, waterfox isn't in manjaro's repos so you can't have gotten it from them. Maybe don't expect your self compiled user maintained shit to work oob if you're not used to building packages. Maybe linux isn't for you and that's ok. Don't shit up the board with your salty bitch tears.
No he's lying.

The shills have been in full force since Proton. Sage.

>what are you trying to run?
read the OP nigger, various browsers and desktop software, and that's only the tip of the iceberg because i've been running manjaro for a couple of days and most software i installed broke at least once
>waterfox isn't in manjaro's repos so you can't have gotten it from them
AUR you retarded nigger
>Incidentally that's not 'bloated'
take a look at your distro's disk size usage motherfucker

>shill
posting from my laptop now, hello pclinuxos

Attached: 2018-08-29-223956_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 128K)

>No he's lying
who the fuck are you kidding now?
linux software is the most unpolished software i've ever had the misfortune of using and you know that, as the other guy said your stuff doesn't break because the only thing you ever use is a browser, Jow Forums machine, hah.

Linux is too free
Apple is too much of the opposite
Use windows 7 and you're gonna do alright

>pclinuxos
Never heard of it, you got memed

Linux based OS’s are mainly focused on server and supercomputer use, not desktop use. The desktop side of things is overwhelmingly handled by hobbyists who get paid in donations.

supposedly the most polished distro for desktop after ubuntu, debian, fedora, manjaro, mint, etc

>41.3gb free out of 49.2gb
7.9gb is the real usage you nigger

Just use kde, it has a wonderful redshift plasmoid (gui) that just werks

Imagine being so retarded that you can't use redshift without great difficulty.

Attached: 1518663669343 (1).jpg (480x480, 48K)

I wouldn't recommend jumping the 7 shit until linux gets it shit together

df says otherwise you dumbfuck

Most FOSS is garbage m8

>AUR you retarded nigger
You didn't read closely. I clearly stated the aur is not reliable. But hey maybe reading isn't your strong suit. Maybe don't use kde if you don't want a userland that crashes at the drop of a hat. If you only have 50 gb I bet you're not separating your /home. Maybe run lxqt. Or keep crying.

I don't know how these threads could get shittier but they have.

That's sure not what the screenshot says retard

i remember redshift broke on me too, it took me less than 3min to find the solution. these winfags just need to stick to their cancer.

Why is he using a Japanese camera that runs proprietary software.

Your use case may differ from mine, but for me, Gentoo works fine. Not 110% flawless or something, but mostly so and also certainly way better than Windoze ever did.

Use Ubuntu, it just works and it's ultra /comfy/ desu

what the hell distro are you using? all that stuff works fine for me

based meme
TLDR?

>i have literally never installed a piece of linux software (from package managers , mind you) that worked on the first fucking try flawlessly as it does on wangblows
Doubt. It only doesn't work first try if you attempt to configure it and fuck it up.

Are ther any FOSS cameras?

What about RHEL, CentOS, SUSE?

Ubuntu comes with gnome, and gnome is shit. Nothing comfy about that.

Bro just kill yourself lol

> i have literally never installed a piece of linux software (from package managers , mind you) that worked on the first fucking try flawlessly
> tl;dr
> no idea how to use a computer
> being this dangerously incompetent that installing a linux distro induces autistic raging
what an idiot.

It's Linux that has to like you with your damaged Windows way of dealing with software. I tamed mine in 6 months, wiping my only hard drive in the process.

Your just stupid, mate. Shit just werks for me.

Attached: 1452463042847.png (336x377, 128K)

Just werks here. Why did you use an Arch based one if that is what you want anyway?

>being so irredeemably retarded as to think Ubuntu (even stock) performs worse than Windows

or

>thinking it's in any sense funny to pretend to be retarded at the expense of the quality of this board

Attached: IMG_20180725_175203_755.jpg (700x656, 55K)

Yeah OP, just die lol

What's the deal with anons using anything besides Ubuntu as their first distribution and then being surprised, mad even, when [insert literally any Linux problem] happens? I count at least 3 more similar threads in the past two weeks.
Do they not realize that Ubuntu is recommended because of its stability too, not just ease of install?
This is seriously reddit tier bitching

Attached: arch user.png (1024x768, 166K)

Femanon here. You should installing Gentoo

That shit just works for me dude, install and done.
I dont know how you managed to fuck it up.

There's a reason for that 2% market share

What are you guys doing that it breaks so much? The only thing that gives me trouble is docker but it still works better than on Windows.

Because they need to feel validated by people who've been using linux based distros for years.
>Hurr I'm not a stupid baby, I can run an arch based distro am I 1337 yet?
Ubuntu is just too accessible and that's not cool. SO they decide on the coolest sounding distro, Arch, but get stonewalled by the cli install. What's easy and has a more reliable installer than Antergos? Manjaro, the idiot's Arch.

Attached: PWg7B7F.png (650x4377, 745K)

>that post
>that pic
kek

If only there were some way to change from gnome to something else!

I can't uninstall windows explorer

implying your proprietary mum isn't garbage

I use slackware because of it's vanilla and their simple build script, much more simpler than PKGBUILD
debian-based on the other hand put a lot of shits on every single package they provide

linux mint, mate
it's like ubuntu, but good.

saved

Installing and switching desktops is often ugly at best, and broken at worst. And that is with them being included in the freakin distro

Good for you, wanna cookie?

>wants Ubuntu features
>doesn't want all the bloat
just do a Ubuntu netinstall, unironically the best linux experience you'll ever have

>apt-get install i3-wm
>click one button to pull up a list
>click "I3"
SO FUCKING HARD GUYS

Once did a netinstall without internet. Super minimal

your mom plz

?? is this even a real insult?

>not knowing how to use the i3wm window manager

install gentoo

>i3wm window manager
Do you call the automated teller machine the atm machine? Real talk though it's the most accessable wm for tiling. What's really fun is using 3 mod keys

no, I'm into mommy gf
so gib me ur mum plz

My mom is only interested in her native english speaking husband. Keep looking esl.

If Gentoo is easy enough for a woman then OP might just be too retarded to even work a pair of socks.

OP should get something more suited for their sophistication like pic related.

Attached: discovery-kids-toy-computer-laptop.jpg (320x400, 54K)