Gainward "Golden Sample" Cards

Does anyone have any experience or info on these "Gainward" GPUs? I literally can't find a benchmark comparring a Gainward 1080 Ti with the other (better marketed) brands.

Attached: 1531107025095.jpg (7360x4912, 3.82M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/2905-asus-1080-ti-rog-strix-review-vs-ftw3-gaming-x/page-2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They are all chinkshit pick your poison

Gainward is owned by Palit and both make cards that are just not really sold in the US.
1080 TIs all clock the same basically, some get to 2100mhz maybe but not really any higher.

>1080 TIs all clock the same basically
why does EVGA have 1080 Ti's that have different base and boost clocks?
>1569MHz Base Clock - 1683MHz Boost Clock
>1556MHz Base Clock - 1670MHz Boost Clock
>1480MHz Base Clock - 1582MHz Boost Clock

EVGA does bin each card through lots of testing as some GPUs will clock better than others naturally because it is a silicon chip but since pascal doesn't not have a huge spread of possible clockrates the performance between like an SC and FTW3 won't matter too much in the grand scheme of things. Its not like a CPU where some can clock to 5GHz+ safely while some may need huge amounts of voltage just to get to 4.2ghz from a 4ghz base

As that guy said, Gainward is just a Palit brand. The coolers are identical even, apart from the plastic shroud. I had Palit's 980 and 980 Ti (both of which also used this exact same cooler) and they were great cards. Very quiet.

All manufacturers do that. It's mostly marketing. 99% of cards will hit even the highest factory overclock. In fact, you can often just flash the BIOS from the "OC" model, since the cards are the same apart from that (though not always, since some have different PCBs).

why do you look at benchmarks for cards.

just look at what VRM they have.. most will be the same thou I think... I know the mini versions have hotter shitter VRM thou and the larger big fat ones like EVGA FTW3 and MSI armor might use cheaper components because their pcb is larger made by cheaper less accurate machines but it might use same parts and just be made cheaper (its not for the heatsync they just cover up their low quality work with that they larger because they use older fabrication machines that cant cram as much stuff in small space)

>big fat ones like EVGA FTW3 and MSI armor might use cheaper components because their pcb is larger
you clearly don't know shit. FTW3 is overkill on all fronts when you look at the PCB design / VRM.

Its a european brand

Retard.

Pity the cooler's dogshit since EVGA insisted on a strict two-slot design, and have now moved to 2.5 slots for their RTX cards because it was inadequate.

Attached: special boy.jpg (600x600, 29K)

>EVGA FTW3
>Pity the cooler's dogshit
are you an actual brainlet?

gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/2905-asus-1080-ti-rog-strix-review-vs-ftw3-gaming-x/page-2

Attached: 1519149274364.png (743x477, 40K)

The heatsink isn't dogshit it just doesn't perform as well as the bigger ones. Big surprise. It's pretty good actually, only requiring a bit more airflow from the fans resulting in a slightly noisier card. The competiton knows that nobody fucking cares if the card takes 2 or 2.5 slots, nice to see evga realizes that. I also remember having seen mentions of 2.75 slots from other vendors for Turing but I'm unsure.

lol your just a sad fuck who thinks your oversized 1080ti isn't made in a inferior Chinese pcb soldering factory that forces it to be larger because the machines don't have same tolerances.

the PCB doesnt support the cooler its bigger beacuse its made on shit machines. just accept you paid more for shit. their is a reason the oversized cards are 500$ on ebay and the normal size ones are 600$ and the mini ones are 700$

Can I flash the latest bios from the ASUS 1070 Strix Overclock edition bios on my non-oc edition?

Thanks

why not manually overclock it?

don't think you can flash bios on 10series. only 9 its apart of the "true"overclocking disable on 10series. you can flash a custom bios on a 980ti that lets you control all voltage beyond limits and clock it 5% slower than a 1080ti if you put a cpu cooler on it. cant do that on 10sereies with out soldering tiney shit onto the gpu that 99% of electricians couldn't even do.

>the larger big fat ones like EVGA FTW3 and MSI armor might use cheaper components because their pcb is larger made by cheaper less accurate machines but it might use same parts and just be made cheaper
I think you mean Zotac

How is it inferioor you fucking mingoloid its well known that there pcbs run up to 25% cooler and our more reliable

they are not inferior but they are made on cheaper machines also they prob do use cheaper VRM than the normal sized nvidia reference based pcb.

they are cheaper made they might be just as good but they are cheaper made.

Oh okay that makes sense soz for calling you a mingoloid lol

Except for the shitty cooling. I bought it thinking the cooling looks fantastic and it appeared to be overkill.

The card doesn't oc and is hot and loud.