Now that PC Gaming is dead and BTFO, why aren't AMD and Goyvideo investing more in this space?

Now that PC Gaming is dead and BTFO, why aren't AMD and Goyvideo investing more in this space?

Attached: 1535037447277.jpg (960x684, 225K)

the mobile space? i don't think there's a huge market in portable incendiary devices...

>smallest gaming platform
>links a graph that loops in all consoles together as if all consoles even handhelds are the same "platform"
actually 20 IQ
Maybe PC gaming is the least popular but to prove that you would have to show me a graph where each console is listed seperately

Because servers are where the money's at

Define consoles, nigger

servers and datacenters, I mean.
Even NVidia isn't primarily interested in gaming graphics

mobile games arent games, theyre time wasters

A console is essentially a pretty basic and closed off computer designed soley to run games and the software designed for it.A platform is the individual console such as PSvita, nintendo switch, playstation 4 ect.
In order to prove that PC is the least popular platform you would have to compare it to each individual platform rather than all platforms that are not PC combined.

most pc games are time wasters too but at least you don't have to deal with shit graphics and poor battery life

/thread

PC gaming is only dead if you play shit tier games like Fortnite. Powerful gaming/workstation computers will always be huge because they generate a lot of heat and require proper cooling (which none of these meme mobile crap can deliver).

And they are also sometimes fun, and something you actually want to do. No some bullshit you whip out on the bus so you dont have to look at other people.

>basic and closed off computer designed to solely run games and software designed for it
So Windows?

The real news is that it's almost equal to console markets lol.
mobile gaming was already done.
hector (previous CEO at AMD) sold their mobile graphics division. you may have heard of it, its called adreno now and is the most popular mobile GPU :^%^^^^)

also AMD owns consoles too

Yeah windows is closed off compared to something like gentoo, congratulations you just scored some good boy points with stallman.
However when windows is compared to platforms such as Playstation 4 you will see that Windows is clearly less closed off.

>whats a VM / emulator

Can't measure everything in money and market shares. Mobile games and PC games aren't markets that overlap very much either. Just because everyone's grandma is playing candy crush on their phones now doesn't mean much. All the innovation still happens on PC.

unfortunately, most PC gaming expeeriences are still far superior to mobile and even consoel ones...

>vm and emulators are designed to run on the computer they run on
>consoles also run emulators and could run vms if anyone was retarded enough to develop one for them
>phones are the same
There is literally no difference between the three other than hardware configurations

>play chess on phone
>adds to mobile gaming stat
Ok

How did you manage to conflate heat with popularity

>my preferred computer hardware configuration is superior you your preferred computer hardware configuration
at the end of the day they are all computers buddy

And I can't stop wasting my time.

Attached: 1535138016551.png (875x1281, 1.04M)

I'm a PC gamer but I have to object to that. You can't really claim that people's subjective experiences are inferior or superior to others.Some person out there might receive a tremendous amount of dopamine from playing "flappy bird" as sad as that might seem.
It is objectively true however that the best PCs have far superior hardware to the best consoles and better hardware can mean less limitations when developers create games with high end hardware in mind.
basically this.
I personally play PC but I don't see people who play ps4 games or xboone games as my mortal enemies or some shit.

I didn't. l2read faggot

>theyre time wasters
so games?

One is ARM, the other is x86

Because Hector Ruiz sold off AMD's Adreno (rAdeon) graphics to Qualcomm.

You did.

Eat a dick, ESL pajeet

>gaymer elitism
LMAO is there anything more sad than this?

Attached: 1530822812399.png (640x652, 619K)

>PC Gaming is dead and BTFO
Gaming in general is dead and BTFO. Also why the fuck is this thread here instead of /v/

they arnt. raytracing is for movie industry not gaming. nvidia is investing in cars and ai shit. amd isn't making gaming cpus they are making cheaper cpus for commercial use.

intel hasn't cared about gamers for a decade.

literally no money makes "gamer focused technology" some companies stick cheap plastic shit and lights on stuff that's about it.

i dont know amd is still getting royalties for ardeno aka radeon ....

>2005
>PC GAMING IS DYING JUMP THE FUCKING SHIP RIGHT NOW GOYIM

>2008

>2012

>2018

Attached: 1530386075159.jpg (750x724, 101K)

PC gaming is increasing in size

But mobile gaming is increasing faster

yeah, people who still say "LMAO"

>lumping all consoles together including handhelds
>claiming mobile gaming as an equal to anything other than pokie machines and toilet time wasters.