he didn't have round IDE cables in his old build

> he didn't have round IDE cables in his old build

What was it like having shit-tier airflow in the mid-early 00's?

Attached: roundide.jpg (800x800, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=YDCMMf-_ASE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I made my own round cables with electrical tape

>he didnt have UV sensitive yellow PATA cables
Did you even DFI Lanparty, bro?

> He actually bought an FX 5950
> His computer VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR'd all LAN party long

Attached: fx5950.jpg (512x399, 66K)

At least that's not the FX5800
Also people bought aftermarket coolers back then, I had one as well

> tfw stuck with a PCI FX 5200 at LAN parties in high school because my prebuilt dell didn't have an AGP slot

>Getting an FX card at all
Such sadness
t.9500 pro user

ATI cards were really unstable at that time

*crack* *sip*
Ahh! Is this a boomer tech thread?

air flow wasnt invented back then

Cable management has no impact on airflow in a closed case.

hooktube.com/watch?v=YDCMMf-_ASE

Attached: Laughing Whore.jpg (762x900, 161K)

> that guy who put several of these in his case because he thought he was overheating all the time

Attached: pciblower.jpg (350x350, 15K)

Flatfag here. You just have to manage the cables more carefully.

>Waiting for hooktube.com...
fuck this fine shit

They sucked then too?

Catalyst control center has always been garbage
The hardware they produced was the only good thing (when it worked)

Yeah, they've always been known for having driver issues. Recently AMD managed to make some good drivers tho.

Attached: ati remember no drivers.jpg (1680x1050, 471K)

They worked. Then catalyst launched and ATi's drivers went to shit.

This is testing with modern cable types, which are thinner and don't obstruct airflow like a rat's nest of IDE, floppy, parallel port, serial port, etc. ribbon cables.

What are you talking about, my average ping for hooktube is 11ms, and 17ms for youtube? Both provide up to my max bandwidth as well. You in brazil or some shit?

Reminder that round IDE cables had fucktons of crosstalk - that's why they were flat to begin with.

Burgerland. I have a ping of 10 ms for hooktube.com and 19 ms for youtube.com. But that isn't what causes "Waiting for..." Youtube pages load basically as instantly as shitty Polymer pages can on a mere i7. Hooktube pages sometimes load quickly and sometimes take a while; dunno why.

I did. I loved them. They were UV reactive, too.

>not using zip ties to round your own shitty cables

DFI lanparty
Ahh those where good times

R9700 release was when AMD made their drivers good, never had problems with that card at all.

People that owned the Radeon 8500 bitched a fuckton though even though on paper it was a better option than the Geforce 4200 Ti

Attached: boomerdante.jpg (1127x640, 55K)

Newpipe doesn't have this problem :^)

>you can put a snoopy, a t-shirt, an iron and a roll of tape in your PC and not affect temps
Welp. Time to put decorations and dangly shit in my case then.

How to run on PC without installing botnet OS?

>tfw I missed the golden desktop years

Attached: cables.jpg (450x351, 57K)

Depending on how they were rolled.
They used ground lines to interspace the data lines and you could arrange them while round so that crosstalk was minimized.

you posted a picture of the ide cable with good airflow you idiot, that's not even a ribbon cable. fuck.

i feel old for remembering instantly what you were referring to. i actually saved my pennies back in the day to get these

No matter how you're rolling, you're putting data lines near other data lines, which causes crosstalk if there aren't ground lines in between. Then again I guess you could put grounded foil over your ribbon, and then roll it. Now you have ground between any pair of data.

woosh

I didn't even know round IDE cables existed.

This

I'm actually using a PCI blower at this very moment, and believe it or not it's helping a fair amount for GPU temps. It's drawing more exhaust heat away from my GPU and pulling more fresh air from the front intakes. I needed the additional exhaust because my setup is positive pressure heavy, since both the top 2x140, and front 3x120 are filtered intakes, leaving my case with a single 140 as exhaust.

Attached: IMG_20180817_232943.jpg (3072x4096, 1.71M)

>What was it like having shit-tier airflow in the mid-early 00's?
Just fold your cables bruh.
No, seriously. Properly folded ribbon IDE cables > rounded IDE cables.

Attached: voodoo.jpg (592x512, 42K)

/thread

>he actually bought fx5800 Ultra back in 2k3 for 800-ish USD
>now it costs around 3000 freedom dollars

You would carefully route a ribbon cable by making a 90* turns. Besides - back then computers were rarely 500W monsters they can be now, so airflow was rarely an issue.

When the first 60W CPUS came out they were ZOMG SO HOT. Nowadays 95W is considered fair.