Who else cable management?

Who else cable management?

Attached: 20180328_170126.jpg (4032x3024, 3.14M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/2RdFf7
twitter.com/AnonBabble

just don't get a window. you can fit that same hardware in a case 10x smaller and get same performance.

Attached: Ghost S1 DXj.jpg (1200x900, 239K)

I don't have a window, I like silence so I have the sound deadened panel. Still do cable management though.

Also that looks like it would get pretty toasty.

>cable management

>no cables to manage
>inb4 I hid them because I suck at cable management

Ghost S1 before hoes.

Attached: GPU5.jpg (2048x2048, 866K)

>cant access psu switch without taking off a panel
garbage

You can just put a switch on the cases IEC connector, it would do the same thing

Attached: Guts.jpg (1500x2000, 2.01M)

Meshify c?

Kind of

Attached: 20180519_180908.jpg (3000x1688, 3.49M)

>sacrificing thermals/noise/performance for soi cases
I remember when I was a zoomer too

This thread makes me feel warm in my heart and in my pants.

Attached: IMG_8650.png (1257x1511, 2.38M)

Imagine the dogshit air flow in that thing
I like nice roomy cases like the old HAF I'm running, slap on a half dozen or so fans on it and everything inside has lots of room, nice airflow, it's great.

Why did you buy a noctua if you have that noisy 90W amd stock cooler.

>you need room for airflow
???

yeah well, a little room, breathing space for your components, it's nice. Instead of jamming everything together. Would you live in a nice, spacious home or a cramped one that just barely is big enough for your needs? Same goes for your components. Give it room!

Why would spreading out components increase airflow? Just get a better fan. More room = more noise.

What in the actual fuck are you two babbling about?
>components need breathing room
>more room = more noise
What the hell is wrong with this board...

>breathing through a straw
vs
>breathing through your mouth
Go ahead and sprint a couple miles, breathing only through a straw. Let me know how it goes. Come back and tell me that the airflow is the same.

Fucking state of this board, I swear.

>mom! I failed physics again!

Attached: retard-pepe.jpg (238x192, 7K)

What does jogging have to do with case airflow, you dunb troglodyte. Any decent case will have at least 2x120mm intakes, that doesn't mean it has to be a huge case and give "breathing room" to components.
Quit building up strawmen.

good enough

Attached: Screenshot_20180830-073719_Gallery.jpg (1440x2560, 2.57M)

>WHIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

My HAF 912 produces minimal noise, this despite 7 120mm fans in it. I don't like seeing my components living in some cramped enclosure, the ecosystem within the computer should always have plenty of room to spare.

If you have a case with a larger volume of empty space inside, the waste heat has somewhere to go that's not your components. If everything is packed in close together, hotter components will start to heat up everything in the vicinity and so on. Also if everything is close together I'm pretty sure that a fan or fans would need to work harder since there's increased air resistance and because the air inside a hot case would get hotter, quicker.

If you cramp everything into a small volume and then force tons of air, all the obstacles will create turbulence in the flow, hence the need to space between components.

Nope.

Attached: IMAG0046.jpg (5376x3024, 3.12M)

Why the FUCK is the CPU cooler tilted?

It's a scythe katana, 2

Because putting a bunch of hot shit closer together makes everything around them hotter? Are you that dense?

No one's saying that a small case can't do the job. The claim is that a larger case can do the job better.

And I'm sorry you didn't you like my analogy, user. I had to think of something simple enough for an idiot to understand. Please go back to your community college and retake that Introduction to Rhetoric class again though, because you have no idea what a strawman is. Don't call for logical fallacies without even understanding them. It doesn't make you sound smarter.

That design is incredibly triggering to my OCD, fuck, nightmare fuel.

I don't even see it. It's in a desktop case and not many coolers will clear the lid

The only thing large cases can do, that small cases can't is hold more shit in it. A large case won't automagically cool that mATX board with a single GPU any better than any decently laid out medium tower. All the component locations are more or less stabdardized thus you gain nothing by expanding the enclosure. You are not increasing the distance between the components
Your analogy is complete garbage, because you equate the volume (which in this case would be your lung capacity) of the case to its open intake area, which does not have to, and often does not, corelate.
Here, I'll it out for you
>a case small in volume will have a small intake area
>an object having the quality X, therefore Y is bad
That's what your analogy was, you waste of oxygen.

>a case small in volume will have a small intake area
That's generally true. I don't think you can fit six 140mm fan + one 120mm in a mini-ITX. And since cases aren't hermetically sealed, air can escape or come outside the designated area if you force enough.

What's your point? A well designed ITX case will have the GPU draw in air straight from the outside of the case, and dual 120mm fans or a single 140mm fan is plenty enough for any consumer level CPU you'd want to aircool. A true SFF case will do the same with its CPU heatsink. The limiting factor here will be the size of the heatsink you can squeeze into it, not the empty space around it. You just won't need additional fans.

what case is it?

ummm.. not sure

Attached: photo_2018-07-31_10-25-45.jpg (960x1280, 191K)

Cable management is a meme.

Attached: IMG_20180609_042644.jpg (4608x3456, 3.31M)

5 HDDs... I can hear those vibrations and resonance.

Still sucks at ribbon cables folding.

Attached: 20180824_162324167_HDR.jpg (1513x1170, 205K)

>vibrations and resonance
Sorry but nope. Only HDDs that making noise is the top most, WD SE, and only when access a large folder.

How's this?

Attached: IMG_20180609_004057_HDR.jpg (4160x3120, 1.2M)

Me.

Attached: DSC_0027.jpg (3840x2160, 2.64M)

Attached: DSC_0030.jpg (3840x2160, 2.56M)

Attached: DSC_0080.jpg (3840x2160, 2.56M)

>8-pins in ponytails
>absolute rat's nest behind the mobo
>corsair commander
>hiding shitty PSU
>enormous AIO

Attached: lolz.jpg (1280x720, 38K)

all you sad fucks sad you cant afford a 350$ ghost S1 … booo huuu

>8-pins in ponytails
I need to invest the 20 € for some PSU cable combs somewhen, but thats really expensive
Its build for easy access, all cables are sorted, not good looking, because no one sees the back of the case anyway
>corsair commander
i don't use such, its not necessary, i only have two lighting node pros and a 1>6x Y cable adapter
>hiding shitty PSU
>Seasonic Prime Titanium ULTRA 650W
>absolutely shitty, just the best PSU you can currently buy
>enormous AIO
Whats the problem here, better enormous dick that cools at low rpm than a small cock

I can imagine all the turbulent flow around those cables

neat

you might be deaf user

dunno I just stuffed everything behind the 2nd plate

Attached: IMG_20180814_191117~01.jpg (2560x1443, 592K)

Is this an SSD shilling?

How do you cable manage meme AIO tubes?

Attached: vega & ryzen.jpg (2560x1110, 1.48M)

route them behind the motherboard just like your 8pin CPU cable desu

you can also search for your AIO or your case on pcpartpicker and see the user galleries on how they did it

for example:

pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/2RdFf7

Your cable management is such shit.

They are ripping us off in trade!!!

Name of the case?

Air240, it's a window unit AC system.

>cable management
>just hide your cables bro

Attached: DSC_0326.jpg (3840x2160, 3.2M)

>67375560

I don't understand cable management autism outside of obviously keeping things clean upfront for airflow purposes and ease of maintenance. Getting triggered about excess cable being tied up behind the back panel is pure autism.

Back in the 90's, something like this was fine.

Attached: computer.jpg (640x428, 30K)

mine is awful

Attached: 20180828_22d1629.jpg (1488x1260, 611K)

What kind of management you were thinking of?

Get triggered fags 1/5

Attached: 13570297_10153666355658244_1197769782_o.jpg (2048x1152, 262K)

2/5

Attached: 25138997_10155077924133244_812653990_o.jpg (1080x1920, 264K)

3/5

Attached: 27330082_10156052884288934_773100848_o.jpg (1512x2016, 261K)

Cable management us the one thing that cases have improved immeasurably over the last decade. My Corsair Dominator has next to no cable management and it always looks a mess on the inside. My server's Fractal R5 is miles better and actually looks clean and has great temps and noise levels because of it.

4/5

Attached: 37970981_10155608639228244_2947005343592349696_n.jpg (1458x1944, 416K)

5/5

Attached: 38168747_10155610327098244_6936168438381412352_n.jpg (1056x2048, 272K)

>ssds below the mobo
kek gotta try that

the one where you artfully twist IDE ribbons so as to not impede airflow and generally not be an eyesore. There's no management now. Just cramming shit out of sight.

Fractal Mini C

case looks cool, i still like the ncase m1 aesthetically though.

Once you close the cover on your PC's case nobody will know it's tidy, much less care.
Tidy cables are for OCDs who have nothing better to obsess about.

and people with noctuas who want decent airflow.

i love my pc.

Attached: 38438022_1458913110921077_1488011593160589312_o.jpg (622x1280, 118K)

You selling this case?

does anyone here have the ncase m1? i want a tiny case.

>those tubes
Eww but it looks like an alright loop.
>cable management
Looks fine to me, slightly messy but won't be interfering with airflow.
>1080 Ti plus can't tell if that's a 760 or 780
Is this for KVM and PCIe passthrough?

it was a 760, using just for physx, only 2 games saw major boosts in frame rate.

cable management is for scrubs
free the cables

Only so much you can do with 8 Hard-Drives, a Sata SSD and a NVME Drive, stuffed into a Fractal R4.
Also a Three-Goddamn-slot 7970.

Attached: HunkofJunkMKVI.jpg (2403x960, 404K)

i'll be using one for my next build
you'll get exactly what you pay for. if you feel like it's your thing, do make the purchase

my autism is making me feel all sorts of things when looking at this gpu

Whats wrong? Too big for you?

Attached: IMG_5921.jpg (700x593, 59K)

Anyone know of a usb 3.0 adapter that makes the port 90° I feel like the designers though having a thick ass cable sticking up and bending into the port was a good idea

no, that was actually a positive statement
praise, admiration

Who needs an actual custom loop when AIOs exist?

Attached: people have strange needs.jpg (1536x4084, 1.37M)

people who like having decent components such as non-garbage pumps inside their computer
your build is pretty cool though

>physx
>only 2 games saw major boosts in frame rate
That sounds about right. Lol.

It's beautiful. Red/black theme works well. I like bigass GPUs that don't sag. Nice custom red cables, though those comb things that hold the wires in an orderly layout could help.

Holy shit the way this guy writes is so boomer like. I don't know if anybody else can notice

Because that's ugly as hell, and you get to have the noise of 3 separate pumps.

I agree with both of you. Its not my build, just a build I did. I find it funny that I put in the time in the back to make it look good, but in the end the front is a cluster fuck. I never understood why they didn't just get a normal loop instead of this monstrosity.

Okay sooooo as someone who's retarded and just started getting into Linux (I'm just using Ubuntu right now to get the basics but I'm looking for something I like. I'm also extremely intrigued by the concept of Qubes OS), explain what the hell is the purpose of a KVM? I can't seem to understand.

KVM WITH PCIE PASSTHROUGH*

also, is that a solid solution for gaming on Linux? Windows + KVM + Passthrough? Didn't mean to hit post LUL

>is that a solid solution for gaming on Linux?
Yes, it can be a pain in the ass to set up though.
Basically you run Linux as your main OS, and then run Windows in a VM and "passthrough" the GPU to the VM so that it can get the full performance. For simplicity a lot of people also get a cheap PCIE USB card and pass it through to the VM as well, so you don't get any input lag.
You need hardware that supports it and you should probably have some decent knowledge of Linux before trying it, but after it is set up you can play literally any Windows game you want with a negligible performance loss.

Actually, I'm 23. I just slide into different writing styles depending on my mood, ya know?

What the other guy said. The reason you need 2 GPUs is you're going to pass one of them to the VM, so you need another one to give the Linux host OS. The second GPU can be integrated but that can be harder to work with in many instances. It's possible to do with just one but then you have no console on the Linux system even when the VM isn't running and will have to ssh into it from something else.

You usually want the nicer GPU you give Windows in the top PCIe slot because it will receive more PCIe lanes (depends on mobo whether this is the case). That can create a weird situation where the UEFI and GRUB run on the top GPU, then Linux takes over and abandons that GPU with no driver, stuck displaying that GRUB screen forever while it uses the other GPU, until you start the Windows VM and that reinitializes the top GPU. On mine, I just have the monitor set to the input for the Linux GPU when I'm not using Windows. I turn the machine on and see nothing for about 20 seconds, then a graphical login screen appears out of nowhere.

>solid

not at all. linux pros can't even get it working reliably