Oh, so you want to start doing something slightly more advanced than 'Hello World' in Python? Cool! Here...

>Oh, so you want to start doing something slightly more advanced than 'Hello World' in Python? Cool! Here, have 4 different versions of the same language to try to install while all of them using basically the same terminal commands and install the same module on different places while nothing works and some packages magically exist and others doesn't!

Why is Python even allowed?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1395x864, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

erasmatazz.com/library/my-books/you-should-learn-to-program/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

just use the latest version you retard, it's not like you have a job that requires you to write backwards compatible code.

I'm trying to use tensorflow. Tensorflow only supports python 3.5 and 3.6, but it doesn't even install from pip and the latest version of python is 3.7.

I wanna do some deepfakes.

>uses third party modules
>blames the language

Attached: 1524812171030.png (798x490, 95K)

A language is responsible for keeping its libraries compatible with the latest version

So it's pythons fault, tensor flow doesn't keep up the paste? Anyway you're looking for virtualenv. Don't start a thread if you don't have a clue what you're talking about to begin with. We got enough of those.

wrong

u have brain damage kid

literally the other way around (for 3rd party modules, which tensorflow is)

erasmatazz.com/library/my-books/you-should-learn-to-program/index.html

>Tensorflow only supports python 3.5 and 3.6
Python minor versions are backwards compatible, that doesn't make any sense. If something runs on 3.6, it will run on 3.7. You are doing something wrong, not the language.

>doesn't even install from pip
Are you high?
pip3 install tensorflow

>implying installing python has anything with programing to do
>implying python module system is even remotely functional
>implying python version system is even remotely functional

Attached: hmm2.jpg (838x72, 14K)

Attached: powmod.png (840x700, 51K)

>doing tensorflow work on windows

Attached: 573C10AB-BC83-4675-8482-71CAC9E38601.jpg (376x391, 37K)

I know this is fucking bait, but still.
Python has a lot of deficiencies, both in the language/ecosystem itself, and regarding some of the practices that are popular with developers, but complaining about multiple language releases being different is just being retarded.
If you're developing a library for any language, you should test it at the very least with the lowest version of the language you claim to support, and with the version you use. Python has Tox and PyEnv for this purpose, and it's actually pretty easy to use.
If you're developing a deployed application for a known production environment, then you program with a version, and you lock it together with the versions of your dependencies in some way. This is also done in other languages (lockfiles, etc.).

import moreAdvanced

>easy

>what is Anaconda

>he does not know about virtual environments

Attached: laughing-may.gif (220x218, 393K)

kek hard

>>> pip3 install tensorflow
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Lmao brainlet

Yeah, the stdlib. Not 3rd party ones.
/thread

>'>>>'

Fuck off.

You are a retard.

Don't be so harsh on retards, at least they were born that way.

It's too many of them that's the problem. And there's nothing worse than seeing a mouth breathing moron telling something or someone is stupid.
Fuck that retarded faggot

Attached: 16482566289177shutterstock44451964.png (800x1000, 643K)

Why do zoomers hate Python?

you're overflowing with retardation

> he's too dumb to use python
why even live?

>i have no argument but dude windows sucks am i cool yet, Jow Forums?

>using ISOlet garbage

Holy shit, how pythonfags will even recover?

He's not that wrong, you know. A language should at least try to aim for backwards compatibility.

>Why is Python even allowed?
God knows.

Here's to hoping node.js replaces it entirely along with Go.

And most things work. TF is an extreme example.

Based

Reminds me of when I tried to compile tensorflow with mpi for my pi cluster and it kept failing.
I think I know why, now, but at the time I could find nothing and there's fuck all about minimum version requirements of all dependencies on the support pages.

You fuck head. It will work with no issues on Linux, where it was designed for.

I'm really sorry user, but he is right.
Most things just won't run on windows correctly - when I had to deal with it I just ran everything in docker container. You can consider this solution - or just install normal os.

OP please do us all a favor and make a retard-finding AI, you can test it on yourself

Python is the poor man's MATLAB

The aliased borders of that python logo are triggering me.

Attached: 936.jpg (1000x628, 113K)

>come here expecting to listen to some boomer whining about py2 vs py3
>it's literally just a winbaby being too retarded to install something from pip

The worst aspects of Python are the multiple versions, virtual environments and module/package management (actual installing is not so bad with pip)

Once you're over that hurdle, experience tranquility

should I jump to Lisp to learn big boy programming or I should stay with Python and create shit?

On the off chance you're not trolling you ran that in python console when you're supposed to run it in terminal

There's nothing wrong with Python you're just not proficient enough with the language (nor do you have the required math background) to work with TF. If you keep learning you can go far, but don't blame the language.

also numpy, scikit-learn, pandas, etc. I assume you have not mastered these libraries yet either.

>concept thats literally been around for decades
>python has to reinvent it and give it some dumb nerd name