KDE is the best. Only uses 100MB more ram than xfce and less threads are used idle

KDE is the best. Only uses 100MB more ram than xfce and less threads are used idle.

Attached: logo-white-grey-3000x3000.png (3000x3000, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=907301
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is this true?

It's buggy as fuck though.

I've produced, with my own body, shits that look better than any Linux (inb4 interject) desktop environment.
And no, GNUtards, GNU core utils aren't required to make a Linux operating system.
t. Alpine, void, lfs

Yeah, the bloat argument is pretty outdated these days, not that much difference between major DEs

Please tell me more about this because I have not experienced any major bugs, and I've been running kde for six months

Post KDE looking better than out of box Xubuntu

KDE broke on me. Probably because it was on top of and arch-distro, still.

I've be n using kde for like over 10 years and it has had a lot of improvements since then. I might use wmaker for leanness but that's it for me

Does anyone use baloo?

*GNU/Linux
sorry everyone I made a typo

KDE/Linux. GNOME is part of GNU.

This.

Xfce4 is still the goatest.

Care to explain more?

>using a DE
Now hear me out, I'm not one of those tiling window manager autists. But I don't think you should be installing a full desktop environment unless you're tech illiterate. If you actually understand how your system works it isn't hard to configure your xorg.conf, set up a simple display manager like SLiM, and then add a window manager of your choice. From there you install just the programs you need. You can also get file managers like SpaceFM or ROXFiler that will manage your desktop for you, stuff like icons and the wallpaper ala Finder on OS X.

Image related is my personal setup. It's MaXX running on Devuan 2.0.

Attached: Screenshot_20180830_033455.png (1280x1024, 210K)

SLiM barely works with logind, fuck that

>Computing like it's the 90's
Whatever works for you is fine. Even xfeces looks nicer than that.

>using systemd

>implying the late 90s wasn't the peak of computing

top Hp $(pgrep -d, ^cinnamon$)

top Hp $(ps -o pid= -C cinnamon)

Attached: CopyQ.nS2101.png (538x393, 21K)

>Insert Boomer meme

KDE looks like a cheap chinese knockoff of Windows 10/8 and all the themes that are available are shit.
If you really want to use KDE use Trinity/TDE.

Attached: trinity.png (1280x1024, 566K)

windows has been copying kde for ages.

Trinity is nice
Plasma is also nice
I use both

Attached: 1528349303366.png (466x443, 290K)

Linux newfag here

I tried several distros with different DEs and the only one that worked out of the box without issue was Manjaro KDE.

I think KDE is the best DE for new users from windows and found it all around better than Cinamon.

>and crashes every 20 minutes
its an amateur software, no worth of my time

Attached: gnomestone.jpg (500x375, 151K)

Summer newfag

A fucking foot. Gnome hogs so much resources it's fucking insane

GNOME LEAD, kde follow

Attached: kdead.jpg (600x422, 53K)

Anyone else remember when the Javascript extensions (that you need to make your desktop function) break after an update your entire KDE session crashes as a result?
Oh, thats a Gn*me thing.

Keep enjoying your Systemd/Gnome toy that can't display fucking thumbnails in the file picker.

>using consolekit
Install elogind and get with the times, gramps

KDE has matured and is fine(ish) now, Xfce is still great for older computers and people who appreciate the DE being super snappy and consuming less battery.

TL;DR: both are fine, for different use cases.

q4os best trinity

Attached: q4os.png (1920x1080, 292K)

I would use kde if I could replace plasma/kwin with i3.

>being mad at the foot
its okey if you like a broken piece of shit that crash constantly, but some of us have work to do

Attached: gun.jpg (650x456, 28K)

>uptime 3m
new record for kde

kde will never look this good. sorry, that's just how it is

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-08-30 16-51-20.png (1246x650, 103K)

>Manjaro KDE
Absolutely disgusting

How long did it take you to find that picture?

thats just a shitty macos clone

I know you are trying to make KDE look good but thats just a shitty OSX clone. The icons aren't even sharp

its gnome

So the Gnome fag unironically thought that OSX skin looked good?

Attached: 1338664515215.jpg (258x232, 7K)

its a meme propaged by gnome shill
most of the bugs are caused by nvidia driver and not KDE itself

Attached: 1514907641166.png (742x828, 141K)

XFCE is meant to be Manjaro's DE, anything else is a travesty.

what theme is this?

XFCE last release was before the first release of Manjaro btw

>muh thumbnails
OpenSUSE patches this out of the box.

No.

>this good
I wouldn't want it to, that looks like ass

I didn't mean XFCE is made for Manjaro, but basically the other way around.

wrong

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-08-30 17-38-16.png (756x320, 33K)

I have more important things to do with my time than fucking with X. Go fuck yourself, fool

I like your autism.

>being a gnome cuck

Attached: 2018-08-30-174324_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 281K)

>I have more important things to do with my time than fucking with X
Like what, browsing Jow Forums and telling me to go fuck myself because you're a tech illiterate moron? Go fap and cry yourself to sleep, you pathetic waste of space.

>Go fuck yourself, fool
Go fuck your mother.

On KDE they do. And if you're not going to use KDE on openSUSE, why even use openSUSE

>trannyDE

Attached: kde.png (481x233, 269K)

when's the last time you had sex?

At the end of the day, you have to just accept that GNOME is the best. It's the king. It's the standard Linux desktop, shipped by all distros that matter. If someone installs Linux, they get GNOME out of the box. It's the standard. It's what's supported. It's where all the manpower and funding is. Red Hat is building Linux almost single-handedly, and GNOME is a part of that. KDE is like a side hobby project by a group of devs. I'm not saying it sucks - it doesn't - but it just can't measure up in terms of polish and manpower.

GTK is the standard Linux toolkit, used by default by most Linux programs. Qt is cool and has interesting features, but it's really just more of a cross-platform toolkit. It lacks support for native Linux features like GNOME headerbars. Budgie was switching to Qt for its shell, but they ended up giving up because GTK is better. Even while they had that plan, they were still going to use GTK (native Linux) applications. Purism is making a Linux phone, and it'll support KDE as an option, but it's going to use GNOME and GTK apps by default. That's just the standard.

GTK uses C, whereas Qt uses C++. It's well known that C is superior and cleaner. If you've spent much time on Jow Forums then you'll know that's a fact. And now it's 2018, we have Rust, which is a modern programming language that does everything better than everything else. It's the future of programming. And guess which toolkit has the best Rust integration? GTK.

Just accept it. GNOME is the standard. GTK is the standard. And there's a reason for that. A good rule of thumb in life is to go with the flow. Don't fight and swim against the current. You won't win like that.

At least tiling WMs have actual advantages

GNOME is so shit
>set default video viewer to mpv
>double click video in nautilus
>opens in gnome videos instead of mpv

>50 posts later, still no reply to this

Attached: magik (4).png (360x442, 200K)

Massive i3/dwm and cat-v faggot asshurt and damage control.

t.reddit fag
Says GNOME is the best. Reditfag doing Redditfag things.

Attached: 1522211521167.jpg (244x356, 100K)

My Desktop and WM could use 16 gigs of ram for all i care, i've got 64 to spare.

>Installed manjaro gnome
Pshhh nothing personnel

fewer*

Fuck KDE. I'm using Plasma and for some reason it doesnt load anymore my app launchers, search options, panel menu and I don't fucking know why.

works on my machine

on debian testing?

This but use an actual good WM like windowmaker

yes, why?

>get a pop-up notification from slack
>it's a link, only a part of it is visible because it's too long
>click on it
>browser opens the visible part of the link and not the full version
Such a mature DE

if you're using testing, you should know that things are bound to break
bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=907301

Well, at least I wasn't the one who fucked the shit up, guess I'll just wait, but I appreciate the link anyway

>bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=907301
Wait? Why don't you use the workaround?

Attached: olion-4.jpg (640x480, 48K)

this
electron based DE when

Didn't read it entirely yet, oops

That's a bug in Slack. KDE doesn't truncate URLs even if they're thousands of characters long.

Attached: Screenshot_20180831_011821.png (466x253, 64K)

>Manjaro

4gb used at idle lol

yep, just wait. We'll have 256GB of ram and everything will be javascript