Welp, looks like the future doesn't include poor people

Attached: 1505658026971.png (667x687, 334K)

Is this a /nigger/ technology?

>paying $10k for a tv

but poor people spend their entire income on huge TVs. things like food for kids comes a distant second.

>not having one of these in every single room
>I am sure they will have great credit programs available

>show off an 8k OLED screen
>showcase a shithole city landscape

Imagine watching upscale contents $10k TV

You have food stamps and WIC to pay for that, freeing up more money to spend on huge TVs and financed rims.

>TV
Get on with the times grandpa

Wealthy people don't waste their money on depreciating assets

Sounds like some fahrenheit 451 bullshit

>muh guberment assistance
only rich people should have to pay for food, I need a tv to watch BET

Attached: BET.png (320x320, 2K)

..thasright, because poor people don't buy FUCKHUGE TVs. No, Sir.

Yeah, i'd say that's about right.
Only boomers watch TV, everyone else just watches nefelx and holo on their craptops/stinkpads and monitors.

TVs will be a niche market catered toward home theater people, so it makes sense that they would try and move more toward the luxury market.

Attached: FinancialDoge.jpg (413x412, 26K)

>with eye-popping colours
Is it properly implemented microled? No? Fuck off then """journalists"""

>wealthy people live ascetic lives of abject poverty and don't consume anything at all
please keep your bourgeoisie bootlicking confined to Jow Forums or Jow Forums as appropriate, thank you.

Fucking who the fuck cares about A FUCKING TV

havent had a tv in 7 years

This. Poor people still poor because they waste money in useless, expensive things because "fashion and social status". They no know about saving.

I don't think most Americans spend over 800usd

$10K for this massive beast is VERY cheap for that humongous 8K screen.

>paying for TV

>8K TV
Why thou?!

"Poor people" will do one of two things for this:
>finance it with a loan
>steal it

i'm already paying for my house no thanks

And then pair it with one of thease beaties :^)

Attached: u_10157471.jpg (1000x887, 61K)

How are the blacks on that channel on a LCD vs crt?

I pirate shows and then hook up my computer through a TV and watch it then.

With inflation, that'll probably be 700USD in current money.

Weird title. New tech soon becomes the norm and not long after becomes old tech. Everyone knows this. These TVs will be sub-$3500 by 2021 at the latest.

Based, poorfaggots must not be allowed to stifle the progress of technology.

>paying for a TV

Paper launch

The Sony ZD9 has them shitting their pants

Attached: 1532872679423.png (1280x720, 734K)

>fast forward 5 years
>8K TVs cost 1/10th the price
welp looks like poor people just have to wait a bit longer to enjoy new meme technology

This is just because quantum dot tech is new you fucking retard

poorfags will use cheap 4k projectors

They don't as a matter of fact. Only poor people do so in order to show off and feel included.

Wow you have a 10K house?

$10,000, but in the future they will be as cheap as normal 45in+ TVs today. That is, if they want mass adoption.

I remember my first big screen TV, it cost $8,000 and it was a T H I C C monster 50in, only 1080p and it got hot as hell. Nowadays, you could get something better for under $1,000. So give it time.

>Implying that you would want to buy a T.V in the first place anyway.

>cheap 4k projectors
>starting at $4999 USD

Your life isn't complete unless you cover every wall of the living room for the clown to talk to you.

Attached: 1433784613057.gif (1000x563, 353K)

My dad bought a 65" mitsubishi rear projection tv in 2000 for close to $10k. It was so fucking enormous and heavy we had to basically break it apart to get it out of his house last year, wasn't even worth $10.00.

You mean like cars and tech? Yeah they definitely don't spend their money on that stuff.

I mean, there's also Glasgow where everyone's poor because the entire city's industry collapsed and nobody can save anything because every man of the family has died aged 45 since the fifties.

based

>$17,000 gold apple watch which no longer gets updates

Not all the time but definitely is true for a lot of people
>oh I just have to eat out every day!
>oh I just have to shop at hannaford instead of Walmart even though its exactly the fucking same but more expensive
>I just have to buy or lease a new car! Buying used? Icky!
Etc.

>TV
Lmao. Haven't owned one in my life oldfag. We phablets for everything now.

a $10,000 car from the year 2000 is barely worth $10.00 today (especially if you factor in the cost of renewing registration every year).

Buying an ebin television every 15 years compares favorably to buying a $400 potato every year or two.

this
why am I going to be paying for an 8k TV, when basically everything I watch is still in 1080p, yet alone 4k.

I'd pay $1000 for a TV like that, not $10000. When their revenue stream starts to decay, the smart ones will make cheaper TVs again.

Maybe I should just start working on my thieving skills. Worst case scenario, I go to jail, eat free food, and get healthcare when I need it.

My wife

Why would you need them? I'm happy with the way my TV looks now

then i love the future

It's to have more visible details to show off the resolution.
With this television you can see all the crack pipes and used condoms.

>a $10,000 car from the year 2000 is barely worth $10.00 today
This is an idiotic hyperbole and it isn't even related to the changes in how we make cars, but rather to how they wear out. You could have a lamborghetti from 2000 that has never been used and it would still be worth millions.
>especially if you factor in the cost of renewing registration every year
And the reason why cars are worth less over time is because you subtract the cost of fuel from their total value right? You are an idiot. You can't be older than 16. Stop using this site kid.

I had a 4k 60hz monitor in 2012 and a 3D projector in 2010.

even if you didn't use the car from 2000 you wouldn't be able to sell it for 200$ because people wouldn't believe you that its not used.

also a lamborghetti from 2000 that's been used even just for recreationally driving would only be worth like 80,000$ now.

>having a TV

>TV
>2018

the point is things loose like 5x their value over 10 years and 10x over 20.

a 10,000$ car from 2000 would actually be worth like 200$ today.

not sure its the same for TV thou. maybe depending on model but some TV are worth 0$ after 5years. like im pretty sure all thous like 1366x768 or what ever "HD" tvs from the late 2000s are all worth nothing today at all even if big. thou a decent 1080p screen is prob like 100$ or some thing as long as its not fucked up and has decent color/image.

This, my 48” plasma TV with the nice Faroujda 3D comb filter was something like seven thousand bucks when it debuted, I waited a couple years and got one on a deal for $500 new. Still beats the piss out of any TV on the market.

anyone who makes less than 60k per year is literally subhuman

The future includes poor people, this is just the price of being an early adopter. You could have said the same thing about 40-50" 1080p TVs when they were just starting to come to the market, and you could once again have said the same thing about 4k TVs when they were just starting to come to the market.

Those things were just as expensive back then, and now shit has trickled down to the point you'd have a hard time finding less than 4k resolution even in a budget TV. Same shit will happen with these 8k TVs and QLED panels.

no it doesn't you poor fuck. the reason they get cheaper is no name brands mass produce models with similar specs or literally the same panel. if you think a plasma tv is the best TV on the market your a idiot who hasn't looked at 1080/4k lap/led or OLED screens in the last 5 years.

anyone that makes less than 125k is subhuman. i know people who cant even read or write english who make over a million a year in the states.

shit taste

>4k TVs when they were just starting to come to the market
>4k TVs
>were just starting to come to the market
>were

8k has already been a thing for years. Why aren't they developing 16k already instaed of focusing on a meme

Everything doesn't run the same way shit does in your clapistani shithole.

Yes? 4k TVs are mainstream now, user.

It has better blacks, better contrast, and doesn’t need shitty garbage scalers to properly show signals.

I’ve looked at all the alternatives and they stink. Plasma is still the best looking TV tech and the only reason they don’t make them any more is the profit margins are higher with new technology. You’re just a sore ass shill.

Unless you have no debt, own property outright, and are your own boss you’re a subhuman. Worker drones aren’t people.

It's like you haven't seen a single scifi movie InThe last 40 years. Remember user you're not the hero in the movie like they want everyone to believe. You're the shmuck getting ran over by a bus.

Muh nigga

Attached: AYYYYYYY.jpg (720x731, 33K)

not too bad but you got the hat color wrong

Attached: mrpoop.png (720x540, 367K)

This.
Cars are not a good comparison, there are numerous factors that can affect the price of a car that have no equivalent for tvs.
Some cars become classics, some specific cars become more valuable because they were from early production batches (the recent mustang incident, even though they were 'common' cars), some are valuable purely out of their brands, etc.

My man!

>It has better blacks, better contrast, and doesn’t need shitty garbage scalers to properly show signals.
>I’ve looked at all the alternatives and they stink. Plasma is still the best looking TV tech and the only reason they don’t make them any more is the profit margins are higher with new technology. You’re just a sore ass shill.

5 gorillion : 1 contrast was bullshit with no standard measuring. The best static contrast you'd find on a plasma was around 30,000:1 to 40,000:1. High-end LCDs with good FALD can hit 20,000:1 so they're not that far off visually but OLEDs can straight up hit an infinite contrast ratio since the individual cells turn off perfectly with no light pollution from the backlights.

If you want a plasma replacement but at higher resolutions and better color response that's good in all conditions, dark or light, just get a high-end VA with FALD like the Samsung Q9F, if you want perfect viewing that blows plasmashit out of the water in a dark room just get an OLED. Plasma is a meme, it was good but there's no reason to cling to it when it was far from perfect. If you want replacements or something better you can certainly find it.

Also, modern TVs have much better out of factory calibration in general than older ones, so unless you had a professionally calibrated set up just forget about bringing up plasma. They're simply from an era when most TVs didn't look good out of box.

>recent mustang incident
What happened?

I think he's talking about one of the first, or one of the early, mustangs selling for hundreds of thousands

>boomers are the only people who buy these huge meme TVs the day they come out for full price
>boomers are also the only people that still watch regular TV that doesn't even air in 720p still for the most part

Do they really just buy this shit because 8 is a bigger number than 4?

Attached: 1469138369054.jpg (199x257, 10K)

Lamborghinis and Ferraris are not depreciating assets (when maintained correctly).

Yes they are. Mainstream lambos and ferraris lose their value extremely quickly. Only few supercar models don't

still faster than whites, going lcd from crt doesn't help

>buy 8k screen
>watch 360p cable

Living in a windowless room with these on all surfaces
>Fuck that'd be comfy

Ferraris which used to cost 50k $ in the 80s are now selling for 500k+ $.

60" 720p Plasma screens were $20,000 in 1998

not true at all the only ones that don't depreciate are select models. 90% of them depreciate at same rate as normal cars and some from the 90s that have ugly styling are literally worthless.

More specifically they buy it because they think its 4k x 2.
I blame boomers for the end of moores law

I had a 100inch or some thing CRT 1080i sony monitor in 2000 or some thing. parents still used it till 2012 or some thing. tv was still only 1080i in my area at that time so they kinda killed it they also got it cheap because crt was unpopular in the year 2000 for tvs.

Take a look at the prices in the 80s and todays prices m8.

your just saying this because you buy mainstream cars for alot of money and don't want to feel bad about it. even 700,000$ cars still depreciate at 10x over 20years and in the first hour you leave the yard it does like 3-4 years worth of depreciation.

buying cars is a terrible choice your just a butthurt care enthusiast.

the only cars that are a investment are litearlly 2billion pounds.

>relying on the credit jew
Nice try scholomo

2million pounds I mean. and not road legal like the 1st party jaguar reproductionsyou don't want to admit your love of cars is wasting you like 5-10,000$ a year.

>comparing rare classic cars with mass produced mid-2000s Gallardos
And no Ferrari only costs 50k