Should all EULA's be abolished?

In my opinion the creator/owner of software has no right to dictate how the software is used. The creator/owner only has the right to make the software available and once the software is in someone else's possession, it can be used in any way that is lawful. If the creator/owner wants to prevent access or prevent copying, then they must take responsibility by encrypting the software or using some other means of keeping the software secret. If someone uses software to commit crimes, then that is a criminal issue involving the state, like robbery, murder, forgery, etc.

Attached: 1533819010815.jpg (640x427, 54K)

I agree. Then again, I also think you should also be allowed to drink and drive, freely buy drugs and guns as well as marry as young and as many people as you like, so I might not be the right person to ask for an opinion.

So, contracts should be illegal? That’s nonsense. Just don’t click “I agree” if you don’t like the terms.

>agree to never open the hood or you can't drive the car you paid for

>agree to never modify this car that you paid for else you can't drive the car

Attached: x120.jpg (540x404, 61K)

>I agree. Then again, I also think you should also be allowed to drink and drive
This is fine if you do it on your own property and nobody else is in the car with you nor is anyone close to the path of the car.
>freely buy drugs
There should be special walled cities called "Drugtopia" where you can make and use any type of drugs you want. However, once you enter a Drugtopia you are never allowed to leave for the rest of your life. Outside Drugtopia, drugs are regulated according to their medical usefulness (spirit journeys are considered a medical use).
>guns
I agree. The people need their liberty teeth.
>as well as marry as young and as many people as you like
Some states allow 14 year olds to marry and I think this is ok. Polygamy can destabilize society (the Middle East) so I believe it should only be allowed for soldiers to do so after a war with high casualties.

Attached: 1510723374836.png (237x224, 16K)

most retarded opinion of the year. congratulations.

>Polygamy can destabilize society (the Middle East)
Correlation != causality

EULAs are not legally binding where i live

close the bonnet and switch off your apple car

Where do you live?

>EULAs
You mean ToS?

EULA's are simply unenforceable without burdening the taxpayer-funded court system. It is not in the taxpayers interest to enforce EULA's. It is only in the interest of greedy individuals/corporations.

Attached: barron disdain.png (500x578, 331K)

Yes. I thought they were the same. I think EULA applies to software that you purchase, and ToS applies to software that you are using on someone else's systems (like using Jow Forums). I think ToS is more legit because the owner/operator of a system has the right to decide who uses their systems and how.

▲▲

The only thing I don't like is that you can't resell specific software. You can sell any physical product, and yet the software jews will do everything they can to prevent you from re-selling software, which pretty much denies your freedom and basic rights.

I agree that you should be able to resell the software. If the software creator/owner wants to prevent resales, it is their responsibility to build such preventative technology into the software (product keys, activation, etc).

just noticed something in this ancient image
what happens when you close the hood?

>I agree that you should be able to resell the software.
You can't sell something you don't own. All you have is a licence to use the software.
You accepted the terms of the software licence. If you don't accept them then return the software.
This weird idea that kids have that they have somehow "bought" the software itself is very common. Once you know how it really works it's much easier to understand where you stand.

Secretly based image btfo's MacToddlers

Based newfag

Every corporation is going to move to this license if retards like yourself will allow it.

>buy car
>few years later
Oops, can't resell that. You only bought a license to use it :^)

Paid digital distribution should be banned and unauthorized copy and pasting, commonly called piracy, should be made legal.

This. EULAs are but a mechanism to control the end user, often because taking away their freedom is profitable.

common misconception
it depends on the eula and on which side has better lawyers

do they have a daddy complex?

You bought a COPY of the software. You have a logical and moral right to use your copy of the software any way you want as long as you are not breaking any laws. If the person/company that made the software doesnt want you to do whatever you want with it, they should not allow you to take possession of a copy of the software.

Making and distributing copies of software (even for financial gain) should be legal as long as you give due credit to the authors of the software.

If a person/company wants to prevent unauthorized use or copying of their software then they have a responsibility to design the software in such a way that prevents unauthorized use or copying. If they don't design the software in such a way, then too fucking bad.

Summa cum laude in the Ron Paul Curriculum :)

But seriously, I love that picture because when I was in college the only people who knew about and loved Ron Paul were boomers and young autistic conservative libertarian dudes. To see attractive college girls hugging and kissing him shows that we have won.

Attached: They Listened.jpg (1012x674, 579K)

You are willingly cucking yourself by paying for digital. You are paying for nothing more than an access license to access certain files from their server.

>You bought a COPY of the software.
No you didn't, you paid for an access license to access specific files from their server.

>what is free software

When you say free you mean it costs nothing, right?
Doesn't matter if it is "free", digital distribution should not be paid for.

No, I don't. Are you actually serious?

Let's say I buy Unreal from CompUSA for $39.99. I should have a right to copy and distribute it simply because Epic Games didn't code the software in such a way as to prevent this. Using the taxpayer funded court system to enforce the dubious copyright claims of Epic Games imposes a cost on the taxpayer that is greater than the benefit that the taxpayer enjoys from copying and distributing Unreal.

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (1000x800, 93K)

Go live in Somalia if you want to make your actions other people's problems

>imposes a cost on the taxpayer that is greater than the benefit that the taxpayer enjoys from copying and distributing Unreal.
Of course it's greater, what possible "enjoyment" could you get out of copying and distributing software that you didnt even program yourself to other people? Saying "haha fuck you!" like a little kid?
The taxpayer wouldn't have to worry about dealing with this if little shits like you didn't try and redistribute/resell other peoples' work.

If they make their software available to the public and fail to protect it, then the software is ownerless and anyone may take it and use it however they like. It is the creator/owner's responsibility to protect the software from unauthorized use and distribution.

Attached: 1531766378844m.jpg (1024x702, 189K)

I'm not even necessarily opposed to this idea, i mean technically its shitty as fuck but whatever, they were asking for it i guess. But then you get called "immoral" for producing non-free, non-open source software?
Guess you just can't win.

>In my opinion
Good thing your opinion doesn't matter.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1595x850, 331K)

ITT anarkids

Paid digital distribution is worse than rent seeking. The alternative, piracy, is illegal. Rent seekers add no value, paid digital distribution takes value away.
It doesn't have the freedom, convenience, superiority, price, or not financially rewarding disgusting business practices of piracy and doesn't have the freedom, added value, superiority, or not financially rewarding disgusting business tactics of a proper physical release.

Did Ron get to use his OBGYN skills on them?

All should be GPL

(((GPL)))

Most EULA's don't contain anything important desu. It's usually just:
>use at your own risk
>don't copy my shit
>submitting any data to us means you submitted data to us

>if somebody breaks into your house and steals your shit it's ok because you should have secured it better

卐GPL卐
It's the license that will ensure the 1000 year Reich

Attached: 1531430583386.jpg (349x306, 58K)

you don't need to fucking abolish them, retard
corporations exist by virtue of the government, maybe not letting them exist and allow the free market to be free might solve your problem instead

Nobody remotely hacked the developers' computer and stole the software. Nobody broke and entered into the developer's office and stole the software. It was the developer who chose to distribute the software to the public without security embedded in the software, knowing full well how easy it is to copy it. It's like a musician singing a song in public and then trying to sue people for memorizing the song and singing it themselves. It's like Colonel Sanders telling people the KFC recipe and then getting angry that other people use it for free instead of buying his chicken.

Yes I hope you never fail to protect your ass.

How does Coca Cola protect their secret recipe? By keeping it a secret, that's how! They don't share it with people as long as they click "i agree" that they won't copy it.