F**king Seagate garbage

>60 00 60 ff ff ff 4f 00 6d+10:39:37.918 READ FPDMA QUEUED
I'm going to have to replace this Seagate 2 TB NAS HDD, aren't I? damn you Seagate

Attached: fuckingseagate.jpg (2280x1572, 526K)

Last time I checked I/O error, dev sdf, sector 2704268856 as well as other sectors were NOT very good news. Not good indeed.

Attached: dmesg-story.jpg (2291x1577, 958K)

Yeah keep on buying seagate, wd and toshiba you fucking retards.

Name the alternatives.

Not him, but Samsung?

Hahahahahahahah

Samsung only makes SSDs, their HDD division got sold off to Seagate. HGST got sold off to WD.

Hitachi

Actually... Seagate IS Samsung HDDs, has been since 2011 when they bought out Samsung's HDD division. Samsung does make SSDs, though.

>Hitachi
That's actually WD, has been since 2011.

So yeah, it really is Toshiba, WD or Seagate

HGST > WD > SG

Inb4 HGST (hitashi) is WD.
HGST still uses their labs and designs and shit. WD just owns them.

>Hitachi that's actually WD
Yeah keep on telling yourself that.

Attached: 2bg8a5.jpg (1024x576, 99K)

HGST, Hitachi and samsung

Hitachi>HGST>Samsung>...>WD>Seagate>Toshiba

They do own them. but
could have a point.

Annoying that I must get a replacement drive now, it's part of a 3x2TB RAID5. So if this drive dies and then another dies then I'm screwed and that's no fun. No, I don't have the backup either. It's my kpop music video / live performance / concert collection, not content I've created myself. Though it would be sad and time-consuming if I have to re-create it.

Attached: Hard-Drive-Domino-cut.mkv.webm (480x360, 2.62M)

Currently bought Toshiba 3Tb hd yesterday, they were the most cheaper. Bought two, one is a mirror of the other.
I will tell you when they start to fail, hope not to be (so) soon....

>kpop music video / live performance / concert collection
consider it a sign, maybe it's time to move on user

>Hitachi twice

Attached: 1525125315360.jpg (542x537, 44K)

Didn't HGST have some sort of technology share deal with Toshiba where their HDD tech made it into Toshiba's desktop drives? Hoping that means they're fairly reliable, since I have one as the main drive in my PC. Their laptop drives are meant to be a bit shit though, so I hear.

i got seagate NAS drives they go into power mgmt mode every2mn and get stupid load cycle counts like a garbage laptop drive
I had to fuck with the firmware with a custom seagate tool to actually fix this shit

NO

I have an old Athlon II x3 serving as a 6 drive RAID6 with 3 TB's, most of which are Toshiba. Also have one in my desktop and one in my HTPC. I have never had a Toshiba HDD die on me, ever. But Toshiba HDDs have one clear downside which applies to the P300 3TB and the older DT01ACA300: They are really noisy as in loud both when they are idling in the system and specially when they are in use.

perhaps this applies to the 2 TB model currently dying on me. Oh, btw, I originally bought two of those. The other died .. 6-7 months ago.

Attached: upside-down-book-reading-dubu.webm (1280x720, 663K)

Seagate is only good if you get the expansive models with a 5 year warranty.

i got the expensive models it's pair of "ironwolf pro" 8tb

Toshiba drives must be made of toothpicks. I swear at least 50% of drives I replace that fail or OEM Toshiba

Samsung warranty is like pulling teeth, ive called support and was forwarded to an email which never replied.

I also opened two tickets online with no response.