Free as in freedom

Ok Jow Forums, which one is the best license?

Attached: licenses.png (1280x640, 52K)

All rights reserved

MIT, now go write something worth licensing.

this

Modified MIT license banning ICE collaborators

'No license' automatically invokes copyright in many countries. Of the remaining three, the only one that isn't a joke or doesn't have common established alternatives is CC0. CC0 is bad because in contrast to most FOSS licenses it comes with an explicit withholding of patent relief, and would do more harm than good if it caught on.

Just use MIT.

AGPL

this

spicy

kek
that guy was removed from the project

>'No license' automatically invokes copyright in many countries.
Those countries are silly and should be ignored. Anybody who even acknowledges intellectual property is an enemy of humanity.

>'No license' automatically invokes copyright in many countries.

Couldn't agree more. copyright is indefensible, both morally, socially and economically

Attached: 1509359129098.png (461x486, 235K)

Copyright is ok, problem is how capitalism has twisted it
Not saying communism is better, but capitalism has not developed well

Apache 2.0 - if only for the reason you can say
>my licence is like my gender : apache

anything I've done that's (ignoring boilerplate shit) shorter than the ISC license gets put under CC0
after that, anything shorter than the GPL gets put under the ISC license
anything larger than that gets GPLed because it's now long enough for me to actually care what happens to it

The real question is:
GPL vs BSD/MIT licenses

GPL3

Attached: gnuchalk.jpg (480x640, 192K)

I wrote that comment.
That is my comment.

This or equivalent. Specifically, ISC for my own projects, MIT for anything done at work. I bias against third party projects that use the GPL if there are any alternatives, even proprietary. I know some engineers don't care about licenses, but it's part of your project and if you can't even do cursory research on something you'll only have to decide on once, how can I expect your work licensed under it to be of notable quality.

>I bias against third party projects that use the GPL if there are any alternatives, even proprietary.

you're a literally a faggot and probably fake and gay larper.

You might be autistic if your first reaction to a differing opinion is utter disbelief. I don't know what kind of response you're expecting, you're probably just after attention.

you're just a moron, moron. that's all the proof I need to believe you're a larping faggot. at best your some meme intern or "associate" level kid. literally only a retarded faggot would pick nonfree over a GPL solution

People like you are the cause of the bias. You're more concerned about personality, legal issues, and straight up talking shit than you are about anything technical. I hate to generalize but I've legitimately never seen any other attitude from GPL advocates. Ironic copyright lawyers and young politicians/social activist pretending to be engineers.

k cuck boi. you're just a nonfree shill tardass.