/spg/ - Smartphone General

Pixel 3 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: 20180831_013120610.jpg (2880x1920, 2.92M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/the_pocophone_f1_cant_stream_hd_video_from_netflix_hulu_or_amazon-news-33023.php
torrentfreak.com/snapchat-source-code-leaked-then-taken-down-from-github-180807/
amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y16RL4W/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Poco F1 is the GPOAT

Overpriced dogshit with no headphone jack. Why csnr companies make a compact phone like this with a fucking headphone jack already

Attached: dude.png (650x520, 181K)

Because selling wireless headphones makes more profit.

I wanna buy the Pocomeme but I can't get over the lack of NFC lads. I use my phone to pay for my lunch and food shopping literally every day. Is it possible to mod a phone to add NFC capabilities?

WHERE CAN I BUY IT?

Smartwatch/band could maybe replace that?

Normies love thin phones and don't give a fuck about anything else. They gladly pay $1000+ for the newest iShit device just because it's marginally thinner than the last one.
The headphone jack is just the start. They'll start removing things that should never, ever be removed from a phone, just to make them lighter. Next up will be physical buttons and charging ports.

Unfortunately not, in my line of work I can't wear any jewelry. Plus I've always thought those things were pretty gay desu

But having a completely waterproof phone is more useful when all ports/buttons can be replaced wirelessly or with touch controls

I wish my S8 didn't have a headphone jack. I'm absolutely fine with wireless headphones and if people have to force innovation then I guess they will.

I don't think I'm ever going to buy this phone

Pixel 3 doesn't have headphone jack?
Fuck.

Bluetooth is unbearable. Everyday on the drive to work my connection drops and gets spotty in dense wooded areas. Literal shit.

The phone comes with USB-C earphones

And how in the FUCK am I supposed to plug that into the AUX on my car user? I wish this bluetooth meme would die already.

USB-C to female 3.5mm adapter

what is good music player that have browse by folder that works on pixel 2 android 9? I have tried retro, black player, phonograph, aimp, poweraudio. What do you guys yuse?

Attached: Screenshot_20180831-072725.png (1080x2160, 2.44M)

what's the rationale behind Sony's naming scheme?

Attached: thinking wojak.gif (750x750, 16K)

this person probably unironically talks shit about Apple

I use music folder player. I assume it would work on your phone.

They're all just holes in a phone, what's the bfd?

I use Playerpro, there are better players around, but I have very specific requirements and that is the only one that fits all the criteria, one of them being able to browse/shuffle by folder.
What's the rationale behind anything Sony's phone department does?

>just buy this $9 dongle to do what you used to for free

Attached: 1532887944391.jpg (548x607, 54K)

>I wish my s8 didn't have a headphone
explain your retarded comment other than shilling no headphone jack is good. s8 already ip rating, multiple option to connect to audio (bluetooth/jack/wireless/even dongle), s8 already looks good and feels lighter. literally no excuse orther than shilling jackless phone is good. bait maybe and I took it.

Bought a Stylo 4 two days ago.
What are some flaws LG phones are infamous for

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.64M)

It's included with the phone though

Flagship: XZ -> XZ1 > XZ2 -> XZ3 (Premium = higher specced version of the regular model, Compact = self-explanatory)
Mid-tier: XA -> XA1 -> XA2 (Ultra = phablet, Plus = higher specced version of the regular model)
Budget: L1 -> L2

>those bezels in 2018

Any info on how much ram the normal
Pixel 3 has? 4gb or 6gb?

At least there isn't a notch

I already lost it

How is headphone audio jack output on nokia 8?

Both the normal and XL are 4GB. Google is greedy as fuck. $300 Poco has more ram than $650 phone lol

Good

Attached: nokia-6-2018-review-1.jpg (1600x1200, 394K)

lol

gsmarena.com/the_pocophone_f1_cant_stream_hd_video_from_netflix_hulu_or_amazon-news-33023.php

Attached: DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20180830165158.png (655x280, 111K)

>phone doesn't support botnet drm aids
>bad thing

so...what's the problem now?

Loving my 0ne+6, never use headphone jack but it's there if I need it

Why should I buy a new smartphone when my 2015 midranger still does absolutely everything I need it to perfectly?

Attached: 1535218199299.jpg (1125x1069, 185K)

Why should you, but also why post in this thread in the first place?

Attached: 1417760834078.png (575x492, 623K)

Souls i peel off the screen plastico from the Phone?
Non says no because I break phones.

It's a note.

Posted by co-president of Xiaomi, shared also by Lei Jun. Release date October

Attached: 64b587a4ly1fus3dume86j21kw11yx6r.jpg (2048x1366, 1.29M)

I asked you guys a while ago and you said that the unlock time is usually instant or sometimes up to 15 days.
So... what is this shit? Have the rules changed or did you guys just bait me?

Attached: screen_shot0.jpg (829x570, 74K)

I settled on Shuttle+

iPhone 8 Plus or S9+? I can get either for same price

Wait for the new iPhones coming on September 12

I dunno
I just see you guys salivating over the latest phones all day every day, thousand bux a pop, all for the latest
>SUPER FAST BLAZAN PORCESSOR!!!!!!!!
>6 GORILLION TERABYTES OF RAM FOR ALL YOUR APPZ LOADED AND READY 4 ACTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>4 ZILLION K SCREEN RES!!!!!!!!!!!!
>ULTRA THIN, ULTRA SLIPPERY PREMIUM BODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You scream at each other not to get a phone with the last gen processor because it's so super slow, you need to wait for and shell out for the latest and greatest! It gives the impression that you're all good goys buying new phones over the tiniest spec improvement on paper.

I wonder if apple will copy this or just add another notch at the bottom.

im not spending $1k, these are only $500

New iPhones launching will drop the prices for the old ones.

Two thirds of the thread are purchase advices and the general recommendation are cheap chinkphones, we scream when someone wants to buy an older phone, but there is a better new one for the price. But whatever makes you happy.
A side notch with scroll function and a heartbeat sensor.

Fair enough, my mistake. I only come here occasionally.
Good to know you aren't good consumer goys like iBabbies are.

I want to give my sad crippled dad a smartphone.
Hes gonna be dropping it alot, and it has to be big so he can see something.
Recommendation?

I kinda want it

who would see netflix with a smartphone?

Normies who watch tv on their phones.

Something cheap and big and in a nice TPU case to protect it from minor drops and also extends a couple of milimeters out from the scren to protect the screen itself from flat drops
Put a screen protector film on it too

But it still might break, anyway, hence something cheap so you cna replace it if something does go wrong (plastic is also more durable anyway)

A recent Moto G or E should do

Moto E5 plus in particular has a big screen (6") for low $$$
Also look at Moto G5S Plus
Or any of the Moto G6 models (of which there are 3)

And then when you set it up for him, Go into settings, maybe Accesbility, and increase the font size across the whole system for him to read it better
Also inside the apps he wil use too, some apps are immune to systemwide settings and stick to their own

Wish Essential Phone was still on sale fuck

Attached: 1526180132300.jpg (1131x768, 343K)

Was considering it till I saw this. I'm sticking with my headphones jack.

Mi8 is on sale ATM, you can even get the chink version flashed with a global ROM for cheaper, has the same specs/bands etc

>Bought a Stylo 4 two days ago.
And it's already stuck to the ceiling.
>What are some flaws LG phones are infamous for
uncontrolled antigravity events.

>
Neat

Anyone got a backup?
torrentfreak.com/snapchat-source-code-leaked-then-taken-down-from-github-180807/

I kinda want to try the new iPhone, never used iOS before, but I want to prob it by myself.

Should I sell my S8+ and wait until Apple reveal their new phones and got one?

I use it for the usual (phones, apps for workout, games)

Trying to buy a good phone for like 600$ usd. Gotta work with verzion. I bought this one,
amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y16RL4W/

but they sent me an international version that doesn't do CDMA. I returned it but I'm worried they wont send a good one back again and I'll keep wasting money. Any good option other than chink phone?
How can I make sure they send a good one?

so does the whole back slide up? or does the screen slide down? is it motorized? can it be flipped manually? how long will it take an AOSP rom to be available?

>so does the whole back slide up?
Looks like it
>or does the screen slide down?
That's the same thing
>is it motorized?
Hopefully not
>can it be flipped manually?
Hopefully yes
>how long will it take an AOSP rom to be available?
Who knows?

Hey! I want real answers! Hurry up!

Sorry, I'm just a tier 2 MIshill, tier 4 and upwards have the spec sheet.

Attached: 1439393157329.jpg (1024x576, 78K)

What weather widget do you guys use? I can't remove city label of of mine and it's bothering me

Where my apple at?

I'm thinking of buying this.

How do I avoid the botnet?

Made my own with KLWP

Flash a custom ROM without gapps

Have fun with that

Attached: yobeprgdzaj11.png (409x407, 272K)

I'm on android marshmellow. Is there any way to get a floating window mode in youtube vanced?

Attached: tumblr_o7rdmckWv01qjhlhko1_raw.jpg (720x540, 454K)

Is Xperia XZ premium good? I find the spec is good enough the silver ones look really pretty.

hello boys, the time has come to replace my dying oneplus x and i'm gravitating towards either:
waiting for the oneplus 6t and hoping for the best.
just sucking it up and going for the s9.
i just want a fucking headphone jack, i've slowly come to terms with the notch and the rounded screen meme but there's no way in hell i'm going full retard.

might as well give it a try I would say, if they make a non notch version Im switching to try iphone, but until that im staying with android

why did nobody think of this before?

way better than a dumb notch

Oppo did

this is gonna cost a pretty penny

>browse by folder
Poweramp

Wait until the new ones drop and buy a 7 or 8, prices will plummet and stabilize for the older models.

>uncontrolled antigravity events.
Fuck you sony.

Attached: Kat_portrait_(happy).png (809x501, 442K)

Doogee did

Attached: doogee-mix4.gif (640x351, 864K)

New pipe

Got $500, both Mix 2 and Poco are the same price where i live. Any suggestions?

>ugly layout
>Theme choices but it still has the very ugly bright red top part
>Cant sign in
Would that type of popout be somethinging youtube vanced people might include? The hold to add it to the queue of the popup would be so perfect in youtube vanced.

Attached: chrome_2018-08-30_18-52-28.png (227x217, 49K)

Bootloops
Software is as bad as old TouchJizz

>wanting to sign in

I want all my subsciptions, etc

You can get your subscriptions

Oh
Well I also want my history and playlists and other stuff from youtube vanced youtube app too

my htc is on its last leg so I'm buying a new phone tomorrow, been due for an upgrade over a year. good speakers, latest snapdragon (or at least 835), consistent software updates and a fucking audio jack is preferred. been looking at the LG V30 since the G3 was so good to me years ago.

american on at&t btw

poco as long as the bands you need are supported. Better specs, sd slot, 3.5mm jack, only other downsides are no NFC and >notch if you give a fuck

Looking for a new phone, anything high end with 16:9 display and a headphone jack for the love of god.

Forgot, USA and T Mobile.

Op6