>doesn't have moral to speak
>doesn't have ethics to work
>doesn't have justice own you side

>b-but user, i don't have money!
choose free alternatives and learn how to use them

>b-but user, they suck!
buy the better software then

just remember no company will respect you

Attached: Screen-Shot-2018-05-22-at-8.47.53-AM.png (867x708, 591K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIMP
torrentfreak.com/eu-piracy-report-suppression-raises-questions-transparency-170922/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't see nothing wrong in piracy for example in case of e-books. I guess it's better do rip shit from amazon if there isn't other source and then share it than leave others to buy e-books for kindle.

The only time I condone pirating is if it's Adobe products.

Fuck them.

Hahahaha, I'm going go download so much copyrighted material just to spite you. I'll download things multiple times to increase the damage. Hahahaha

I believe it's morally wrong to profit from selling beneficial software to the public.

Install adobe reader and google ultron

Who the fuck cares. It's not a lost sale if you can't afford it anyway. It doesn't take any money from the company since you aren't depriving them of what you take. You even benefit them some by learning their product and being more likely to ask for it from a future workplace.

>I put those ones and zeroes in that order first!
Do you thank the elderfags that came up with the wheel every time you get stuck in traffic on the way to being a wagecuck? Go live in a fucking teepee eat raw squirrels if don't want to build off the progress of others.

Attached: patents.jpg (480x360, 15K)

I work but still pirate fucking everything and don't give a fuck

>just remember no company will respect you

tf kinda argument is that? Should you care what Adobe "thinks" of you? Haha, I think you're missing the point here a little user.

>When I grow up I want to be respected by epic games

Attached: 1528120551353.webm (390x293, 376K)

Someone spent an inordinate amount of time working on that program, are they supposed to give it to you while they continue working at mcdonalds?
Even as a leftist, I'll be the first to tell you there is no shame in expecting capital for hard work since capital is required to live

Free as in freedom, not as in free beer you niggers

Has there ever been a case where piracy has made a company go out of business? Something that can actual be proven? Most studies I've seen have shown piracy has helped. But maybe it's just cherry picked.

Jesus christ Jow Forums has become such a shithole.
No wonder a janitor for this board went rogue.

Attached: 1509038443069.jpg (960x540, 118K)

wtf i love buying crapware now

sure, napster :-)

Intellectual property a shit
Patents a shit
Thus, pirating not a shit
Online movie copies are not scarce goods, thus they are noones private property, thus noone has the right to bar me from downloading and uploading them freely

Oh I forgot, they're expected to hand you the code so you can fork it and change 3 lines and then redistribute the binary for others to download for free. So different from what I said

>doesn't have morals to speak
>doesn't have ethics to work
>doesn't have justice on you side
Wow, you just insulted ~4 billion people.

Attached: CopyrightInfringement.jpg (588x308, 42K)

Fuck off faggot. Seriously, what in the fairy mcmuffin fuck happened to the culture of this place? I was here 10 years ago, if you do much as even presented this arguments or if you outright said this shit in a thread or as a post, you would have been laughed out of the thread and told to go die in a sewer pit. You cocksuckers went from being liberal antigovernment anarchists to a bunch of pseudofacsist conservatives in less than ten years. Its fucking sad. Piracy used to be celebrated as a way for the average user to stick it to the man. I bet you let ads run on YouTube too, you fucking pushover.

Piracy used to be celebrated on this site. People used to post You Are a Pirate when there was a piracy thread or when someone posted a juicy link because it was so pervasive, because it was so celebrated that an anthem of sorts was chosen out of the memes of the day to represent it.

Piracy was never about being poor (though it certainly influences it) it was never about just paying the artists for their work or fucking tgem out of royalty checks, it was about letting information be free because you fucking could and because the MPAA and RIAA were cunts. People steal books not because they hate the author, they do it because they ask why should they pay 200USD for a college textbook because those cunts have an outdated distribution model for new versions that add no new material. It is about resistance to the establishment and circumventing their DRM measures and their schemes and their paywalls so others could have it and to generate lulz.

You people make me fucking puke sometimes. This is Jow Forums. We do not bow to any establishment or authority. Fucking act like it.

Of course pirating is illegal
File sharing is not piracy though

I just miss the year that I could post loli guro here

nu chan happened is what happened.
I can't believe what I see on this place either.

Whatever you say Mr. Lobster

Um, no....just no, sorry sweetie *gets headache* that's not the way it works anymore. Your boomer time has passed the NEW generation is here

No company respects anyone they're not a sentient being. Steal from them for they care not.

Reality is overrated and everything mainly consists of social constructs we bend and break as our desires change. This is why the catholic church us able to molest little boys on an hourly basis and for the most part get off scott free.

Free market baby. If your software is available for 0 (zero) money, then people will get your software for that money. So either make a service so people would want to pay, invest into making an internet police that will find pirating people, or invest (lobby) into the government and make it jail people who pirate.
Ideas aren't a physical thing. The moment you release it out of your head, anyone can access it without making the original idea disappear. No one can steal an idea, because the original idea isn't taken away - it stay where it is while a copy is being made. If I make an exact copy of a bread from a bakery, I am not stealing any bread.

Attached: 20180808_095125.jpg (2245x2312, 3.55M)

If you work hard on writing a free "clone" of someone else's software, good for you. Tight. If you choose not to pay for a license to use that software, you are fucking someone who worked hard out of their money

>you are fucking someone who worked hard out of their money
Yeah. That doesn't make me a thief though. If you belive in a free market, this is how it works. If you believe in a government to protect your imaginary rights, good on ya, that can demonstrably work sometimes. If you are a moralfag who believes you can shame people into paying you money then you are retarded.

>thinks being immoral and mooching programs off of hard working programmers without paying them for their labor is cool
Boy I can't wait until the perfect DRM/copy protection rolls around

>Boy I can't wait until the perfect DRM/copy protection rolls around
You better hope the average life expectancy increases.

>moralfagging
>ethics
>justice
Do you really think ethics and morals exist? Do you? then take the universe and grind it down into the finest powder and then show me one atom of justice, one molecule of moral. And yet you act as if there is some ideal order in this world, as if there is some rightness in the universe by which it may be judged.

Attached: 1534537919255.png (541x702, 361K)

>mooching
Again, it implies I am taking away something. You are imagining rights that just aren't there and aren't agreed upon. When an amateur band plays a song by the rolling stones in their garage, they are not mooching off of the rolling stones, even if they play it perfectly and the singer sounds exactly like young Jagger. In the future, when we will have android slaves, we could tell 5 of them to play a rolling stones song. They will do it effortlessly if you give them the equipment. Again, no mooching off of the rolling stones. That will be exactly the same as telling my own computer to use certain combination of binary numbers in order to "play" a program.

>This thread
>Some fag talking about morality
>Unironically giving a shit
Lmao suck my balls and gargle my cum you dipshits

Attached: 61199969_p0.jpg (1753x986, 893K)

Isn't holding a stance against moralfagging, moralfagging in and of itself? You can't judge the judge and expect to get a verdict.

> Tight
What year is it?

There is nothing wrong with pirating is is large public companies that lose. Jordan Peterson is a piece of shit. Give up on the self help bandaid and work on your etymology

morals are a spook made by big pharma to control our lives and make more money.

>implying something is being taken
something IS being taken, it's just not what you think it is, or what you think I think it is. You're taking away their opportunity to establish a livelihood from their software that they've sweated over, which not only makes you a worthless turd, but also potentially removes their motivation to keep updating and making changes to that software to make it better. Think about the cucks developing gimp, or the ones developing LMMS. They want these things to be photoshop and fl studio soooo badly, but they are bad tools and they will continue to be because they are being developed at somebody's leisure instead of being developed to help fund their lives. Nothing wrong with that, but these programs are toys, not to be taken seriously.
Like I said in another comment, I can't wait for DRM to be perfect, or even nearly perfect. Keeps retards like you from using software that you should be paying for out of respect for the developer's wishes and time.

C L E A R - U R - R O O M
L
E
A
R

U
R

R
O
O
M

Attached: peterson.jpg (840x630, 56K)

dog eats dog
if devs are to incompetent to protect their own shit I reserve the right to pirate it. I own favors and dignity only to those I see fit

Attached: actual autism.png (289x310, 110K)

But pirates are cool user.
I drink me rum whilst I torrent on the interwebs. I'll make ye walk the plank if ye ain't careful. Arrgh.

As long as you dont cry over unfuckable DRM, keep being a shitheel m8

im so glad to live in a country that doesnt give a fuck about piracy. I cant imagine being an americuck or a germancuck.

sure, but software devs already know this.
sole reason why microsoft, ptc (mathcad), autodesk and so on hand out student licenses.
also, you find tons of software you can use as long as you select "I'm not gonna use this commercially".

and then there's pirating of games.
now with twitch thots you can even earn money playing,
so how are you gonna justify pirating a game?
(not that I care about game devs, just curious)

>You're taking away their opportunity to establish a livelihood from their software that they've sweated over
So what? They are free to do something else instead. Intellectual property, patents and copyright are broken, immoral systems which only encourage rent seeking. Their original goal of fostering innovation is long lost.

Never going to happen. Pajeets are more than enough these days to crack the toughest DRMs, makes sense, since these companies hire Pajeets anyways.
Stay salty, will keep pirating anyways.

>So what? Get a new job hurr durr
Yeah dude we should be encouraging talented developers to give up on making software, they can just go work at mcdonalds and no one will make software again except open source cucks who arent motivated to do anything more than a shit job on it because they arent getting paid dick
You are retarded and unlovable

This. I pirated Adobe shit for years because of the ridiculous prices.
One day I wasn't so poor anymore and I was willing to actually pay for a license for a couple hundred bucks to not have to feel bad about pirating.
Oops, Adobe is on a subscription ONLY model now?
K thx bai, I'll happily give that money to a photoshop competitor.

>there's no shame in expecting money for hard work
Nobody cares about hard work, bigger faggot, productive work is what matters.

Oh no whatever shall I do now that sheckelberg doesn't respect me?!

If numerous people pirate a piece of software, it's obviously valuable to them for one reason or another, and producing valuable software is called being PRODUCTIVE.
I thought this was an 18+ site, not for kids who can't afford to support the livelihoods of developers who are making their favorite software. Weird

>*Gets headache*

It still doesn't take away the sales. You don't see actual devs complaining about muh piracy, only the suits behind their corporations in the investment boards. If you don't believe me, then remember the time everyone and their mums were trying to sell gaymans online passes to play their shitty multiplayers. News flash: it didn't work and the companies ended up losing money over less sales for all the negative reception they got from it. Turns out enforcing people who can't afford your shit to buy it doesn't make much money. After this failure, the suits then tried other shit (i.e. dynamic pricing for games which was illegal and violated the privacy of the individuals buying their shit, microtransactions that eventually got so bad legislation is now in the works etc...) that just
A. Didn't work
B. Was breaking laws or being outright unethical
Since you aren't stealing anything (because kids in Africa probably wouldn't be able to eat Digital copies), then who the fuck cares? So long piracy is kept in obscurity, it won't hurt anyone's bottom line. If anything, remember the time LinusCuckTips made a video a few days ago publicizing a workaround over google drive's data cap known for years and how butthurt people got over it. Do you know why? Because google probably didn't care when Mr. Anonymous was uploading 30 TB per day worth of hentai to it, but when Mr. Normalfag starts to upload his monthly 5 TB of games along with his other million counterparts who follow linus, it becomes a huge problem. The same thing happens with piracy: until the people who are able to afford shit start doing it, there is literally no fucking reason piracy should be critized.

Word of mouth from those twitch thots drives sales. I believe the London school of economics posted a paper positing mild piracy is better for the industry. Maybe just the music industry tho i don’t remember

In other words, stop talking about it fags.

copyright is a spook

See this is different though, there are people who will still defend piracy even if it becomes a mainstream way to get software. Who's gonna step up when paid developers decide that writing actual good software just isn't worth the hassle anymore? The open source community? Is Richard Stallman gonna write the next revolutionary image editor? Free software is shit and will never ever be good for anything outside of netsec

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIMP
Enjoy. And believe me when I say that if it gets to that point, the market will find a way. You could make people fund your development if you want money to work with to deliver a quality product, you can make microtransactions that aren't completely dumb, you can do a billion different things to keep the market afloat. If piracy ever gets that bad, the market will shape itself differently, it won't just die. But it might get close to if you start bashing people who can't afford shit. And at the other end, remember Open source only gets stronger by the day.

If I don't feel like paying for something then I won't if I don't have to. This isn't about some convoluted notion of ethics or sticking it to muh big bad companies.

That said, textbook companies can go fuck themselves

I said "next revolutionary image editor", not "already-existing piece of shit". Gimp goes in the trash, serious people use photoshop, and if they understand their worth as an artist, then they understand the developers' worths as developers, and they pay for it like decent people.
Crowdfunding can only sustain development and the programmer's living space for so long. If people want bugfixes and new features added in the future of its development, should the developer just make ANOTHER kickstarter? That's fucking tedious and they know the entitled public won't go for it anyway.
There's no such thing as a microtransaction that isn't dumb. I can't think of a single situation where a microtransaction wasn't received as "dumb" by the majority of a program's users. And forget donationware, people are too greedy to donate to their favorite free softwares even if they can afford to.

Some of the best software is foss. And netsec is pretty important.

>people are way too greedy
The entire "problem" you are creating is a non-issue. If people really depended on a certain piece of software, you have no idea to what extents they would go for it. Just remember that medical schools receive so much money in donations from graduated students that some consider lowering their tuitions to attract more of them. At the end of the day dude, this entire "problem" rests on your doomsday scenario being real, like your vision of gimp. And if you really don't want to use it, be my guest and search for other software you might find better, action which will unlikely make you stumble upon other open source pieces. Again, you have too little faith in the market, as shown by your MTX rant. MTXs can be good when implemented right, such as sub models and cosmetic items in games, but no one really likes lootboxes. It's all about due dilligence and care, with a touch of "how retarded this would seem to me as acustomer if this was implemented" self questioning.

I know netsec is important dude. Never said it wasn't.
There's "fine" foss but they're only half as good as their non-free counterparts that they're obviously trying to mimic. Tux Kart isn't as good as Mario Kart, sorry senpai :^)
I mean it's noble to want to make free software for poor people but without money backing any of it, there's not much incentive to make it great, and development is exponentially slower when they have to stop what they're doing and get ready for their actual jobs. Some people want to do better than that, and Jow Forums's idea is to just pirate the better software when it's convenient for them instead of taking the foss version? That's some bullshit

You know netsec is important yet you still think free software is shit? Ok dude.
And I didn't have games in mind. I was thinking of free software like ffmpeg, chromium, firefox, mpv.

I dont care faggot eat shit
Thread closed

Piracy is a non-issue as it does not conflict with your interests as a consumer despite huge corps telling you otherwise, you only care about it because you have been conditioned to.

I separated netsec from other foss in the other comment
>will never ever be good for anything _outside_ of netsec
The games thing was a half-joke, i don't even play games
I'm thinking of software people generally pay for, stuff that's used for business and/or the arts. Businesses who are productive don't use openoffice, they use MS Office. Serious visual artists use PS and other adobe tools. Serious musicians almost never use free software, I can't even name any who do. Game designers use a fuck load of non-free tools and only barebones foss stuff like maybe Notepad++ or something. This shit isn't even really on topic anymore, my original point is that piracy might one day drive away developers who once made great and valuable software because hey, not much point if I can't even live off of it, and the progression of wares and technology might stagnate. The other point is that foss is cool and I like it sometimes but nobody should be acting like wanting to make money off of software and keeping it closed to protect themselves is somehow "greedy" or "immoral" because people think they're entitled to other people's code. Make your own free version of something and release it if you wish but why be a piece of shit? Cause its fun?
I dont even remember the original post so i should probably just go to bed lol

What companies or programs have stagnated or are being killed off because of piracy? Is there any proof that piracy is hampering development? I don't believe it's going in that direction at all. Everything seems to be growing despite piracy being more popular than ever.

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKS

Attached: C7CNYpDU0AA2uhA.jpg (704x1134, 72K)

I'm gonna be honest, it's less of an observation of anything happening currently and more of a paranoia of the future. You might be right, there might be nothing to worry about, I dunno.

Photo Affinity looks like a great competitor. But only if it fucking ported over to Linux. Lazy bastards.

Pirating literally destroyed content creation.
>movies
Everything is based on trailers and the 1st week in theaters
>video games
Pre-orders and DRMs

pirating did destroy the media

My company uses pirated software.
What are you going to do about that now?

Attached: 1527942621-201-int.gif (125x125, 49K)

I'm ethically opposed to artificial scarcity

Keep crying bitch.
Whether it's pirated or not, those money won't come to your pocket nevertheless.

On a scale of 1 to American, how cucked do you have to be in order to be desperate for the approval of a fucking company?

>paying for 1's and 0's
boomer please

>doesn't have brains to use proper English

>2016+2
>giving jews money voluntarily

Good. They can suck my balls.

Each band member probably holds hundreds of dollars worth of records and merchandise, so...

You would't sound that smug in court.

>I work but still pirate fucking everything and don't give a fuck
Watch out, we got a real hardcore dude here.
>pirating
It's particularly ironic to post Stallman while equating copyright infringement to piracy.
>pirating
>piracy
>pirating
>piracy

>pirating
>Piracy
>pirating
>pirating
>pirate
>piracy
>pirating
>pirating
>pirated
>pirate
>piracy
>piracy
>piracy
>pirate
>Piracy
>piracy
>piracy
>Pirating
>pirated
>pirated
What you're referring to as piracy, is in fact, unauthorized copying, or as I've recently taken to calling it, unauthorized sharing. Piracy is not the act of obtaining an unauthorized copy of a copyrighted work, but rather robbery or criminal violence at sea.

Many computer users make unauthorized copies every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the act which is widely performed today is often called piracy, and many of the people who do it are not aware that it is basically copying, and not stealing.

There really is a piracy, and some people are doing it, but it is just robbery at sea. Piracy is an act of theft: an action at sea in which goods are forcefully transferred from one ship to another. Piracy is important to be aware of, but unrelated to unauthorized copying; it can only function at sea. Piracy is normally not used in combination with unauthorized copying: the two acts are basically separate. All the so-called piracy is really unauthorized copying.

Attached: rms noam.jpg (1365x859, 181K)

This

autism

sage

Critical thinking does not imply autism.
Try again.

>There really is a piracy, and some people are doing it, but it is just robbery at sea.
I robbed a tanker full of CDs.

Just sell support instead of directly selling your software. Or just bundle the source code with each copy and give it a free license.
Either way, don't rely on a business model that has to take away user freedom to work.

>There's "fine" foss but they're only half as good as their non-free counterparts that they're obviously trying to mimic.
The 3 largest browser engines are free software
The world's most used kernel is free software
Almost the entire web runs on top of servers running free software
state of the art big data tools are free software

For every program you say "the closed one is better", there's a field were the free one is dominant. Either way, the license has absolutely nothing to do with the software quality, but with the end-user's freedom.

Don't tell me what to do

You don't have the guts for armed robbery at sea anyway.

based

Or invest into DRM.
Pirates can bitch and moan about shit like Denuvo, but to be honest - it's their own fault that such a thing is even required.

YOU WOULDN'T DOWNLOAD A TANKER

>autism is critical thinking
Saged for bad thread.

Reminder:
torrentfreak.com/eu-piracy-report-suppression-raises-questions-transparency-170922/

Attached: 1518774155322.jpg (700x700, 127K)

I don't now, mostly because it's more convenient to pay.
No company will respect you, it doesn't matter if you pay for their products or not.

>no company will respect you
Have they ever? It doesn't matter if you pay or not, companies are unfeeling entities that will always try to fuck you over for more money.