Be honest how many of you here use gentoo? or just repeat the meme

be honest how many of you here use gentoo? or just repeat the meme

Attached: gentoomoan.jpg (1920x1080, 244K)

I use Debian but have installed Gentoo in the past and know how to do it.

I use Gentoo, it's my favorite OS. Portage makes compiling all those packages a breeze.

yes

cloveros.ga

I use Arch, btw

Gentoo is full autism. If your pc was made this century chances are you don't need to squeeze every last drop of efficiency out of it. Arch works just fine

Attached: 1395176538409.png (1677x819, 117K)

Attached: 1264642046048.png (600x2048, 577K)

I've tried and failed to install it 3 times. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong. I never intended to hop distros just check it out but I guess I'm too stupid.

No one here uses Gentoo, we just install it.

Arch fag checking in. Moving to based openbsd currently.

I am moving from Debian to based Ubuntu 18.04 currently.

Lol why

I work at an Apple store, and I once had a customer who bragged to me about installing Gentoo, probably not expecting me to know what he was talking about.

I use it on my desktop and an ARM SBC server.

>Gentoo is full autism. If your pc was made this century chances are you don't need to squeeze every last drop of efficiency out of it. Arch works just fine

Gentoo isn't faster than Arch or about squeezing efficiency from it you poser fuck, its about ease of use and freedom of choice.

I use it on my home server

I want to use Gentoo but I'm intimidated by all the memes and think I might be too much of a brainlet.

installing gentoo linux right now, partially because i don't care about free software

How do you like it? I'm tempted to give it a shot. If you have used Debian in the past, what are the pros and cons of using Gentoo instead? Would you recommend compiling or using binaries on a home server?

>ease of use
?

I didn't update gantoo for 3 months and then I did and it broke so I'm switching over to openSuze because I hate debian.

It's only slightly more difficult to install than Arch. Just install genkernel and let it compile your kernel using default specs - you can always tinker with your kernel later, once your system is bootable.

Ignore the retarded tripfagot, gentoo has a lot of utilities that make compiling programs very easy, however using binaries is still easier.

Install gentoo

Dont install it as a server if you're not very good at maintaining a linux file system. You need to have very good knowledge just to maintain gentoo as a server. Else dont do it. You'll be riddled with bugs.

Is there any measurable benefit to tweaking your kernal for your specific needs or is it more of an enthusiast/minimalist thing?

Of course it's easier. That's not the point. It's not about ease, it's not about benchmarks.
It's about choice and functionality. Anything you don't need or want the functionality for, you can choose to not compile it into your shit, resulting in smaller sizes and snappier response.

kek

I do, it actually is worth it
Arch is inferior to gentoo and most other distros. All it has going for is the community that is made up of mostly script kiddies

Attached: arch is not minimalist.png (1169x3679, 513K)

Running ubuntu studio 18.01 is comfy with a bit of ricing

Attached: 2018-08-20-112825_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 55K)

tepeating the meme ehen it is fitting.
used it tough.

Which DE is that?

The info you need is in the picture

I'm an idiot, thanks

Just try to make your own perfect distro
From lfs to crux it will become gentoo in the end

wtf is this cell waifu lol.
Also the 100.000$ club is a real thing, you didn't try enough