Be in computer class teaching stuff for comptia 901

>be in computer class teaching stuff for comptia 901
>guy there is trying to be really cool and has ubuntu even though we get a free windows 10
>tfw he spent all hour trying to figure out how to get a screenshot
>tfw i with windows had 3 ways to do it on my own
>tfw i went over to help him but he got all pissy that his ubuntu wasnt working
>tfw i tried helping him but he got mad
>he said he got a blue screen of death but I didn't see it
>tfw told him even though windows sucks you should still get windows 10 just to adapt to school since its what we use
>tfw i smelled this guy from 10 feet away
>tfw he looked like shit
>tfw look at his computer and he had memepad

OH NO NO NO NOOO

He was the Jow Forums meme. I mean I know hes new and I'm new also but it was still funny

Attached: 1535576632868.png (645x586, 236K)

I've met people like this.
Guy had old tough box laptops meant for construction sites and he ran tails on it.
He fit the typical Jow Forums description but he browsed reddit.

This is shitty pasta.

i dont care how people choose to complete their class work, but it annoys the fuck out of me when "that one guy" wastes our time by trying to virtue signal his tech knowledge during lecture
>professors tells us to use IntelliJ for the problem sets
>one fag raises his hand and yells "WHAT IF I ALREADY USE ECLIPSE?? CAN I USE ECLIPSE INSTEAD?"
>"sure"
>"GREAT BECAUSE PERSONALLY I PREFER ECLIPSE"
dude everyone know using a different IDE is fine. why do you feel the need to say this?

I'm new to computer stuff. Only really took it seriously this year but one that I have noticed in this class is that there's tons of people who brag that they use alternative programs instead of what the teacher is showing us. Like cool bro you use virtualbox instead of VMware. Woah Ubuntu not windows xD. I just don't get it. With tech things have to be compatible. By doing things like that you're just making your life anf everyone else's life harder. I mean I'm kinda like that because I got my t430 instead of using school computers but that's a preference thing

Idk

Attached: download (83).jpg (177x284, 10K)

totally. half the questions in my class are non-questions trying to show off something.
imo when you graduate and work with a dev team on a project, you will want everyone to be on the same page and for things to be consistent. i think there is value in learning how to effectively program but at the same time be humble enough to not let your ego get in the way of the project.

trying to be a show off in the real world makes you terrible to work with desu

Attached: 1535157462690.jpg (1024x831, 97K)

Sounds just like you faggot.

MACTODDLERS BTFO

I was in the opposite situation. I was using Vim for a simple program we were doing in class and the guy behind me was acting like I was trying to be a show off or something.

These are basically me, except I know how to use the software I install, I don't smell bad, and I don't browse reddit.

t. fatass neckbeard Linux/BSD user with a rather large collection of used business laptops and other e-waste I don't need

Attached: TearsInRain-8_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq40NVKkzKgy7iV1BEZjiceW48E5hk3wG0G0anVB7mS8E.jpg (480x300, 14K)

how exactly can you tell that yours is "a preference thing", but the other people's things aren't "a preference thing"

By how autistic they are in defending it.

>blue screen
>Linux

owned

I don't think he was the Jow Forums meme. I understand why you thought so, but ThinkPads are extremely popular business machines, so they're actually in an interesting situation where their main userbase is a mix of normies and autists. The latter mostly buying old used ones that were retired from a company and sold for cheap.

Also, I was hoping the story would end with you helping him out, but I guess you made him sound pretty unapproachable. When I used Ubuntu like 5+ years ago, printscreen would take a scrot and save it to the desktop. I guess this is dependent on the desktop environment, but I find it hard to believe it got any harder. You can also just use the 'scrot' command, but if he was struggling, maybe he didn't know about it, or something was actually broken.

>Also, I was hoping the story would end with you helping him out, but I guess you made him sound pretty unapproachable. When I used Ubuntu like 5+ years ago, printscreen would take a scrot and save it to the desktop.
That's still how it works (but it saves to ~/Pictures). It also gives visual feedback when a screenshot is taken (not sure if this happens on all DEs).

That's just expressing preferences in an autistic way.

Shit happens. Try to tell him to take a shower next time. Sometimes people genuinely don't know they smell bad.

>BSoD on Linux
>Ubuntu has a screenshot app preinstalled if you dont know the keybind
the people in this thread have every right to call you a lying faggot, there are a million problems with linux but screenshotting isn't one of them
also from this thread:
>lmao
>tbqh
>aint no
>Lol.
>btw
you're just a sad little blow in from facebook.
blog harder like the other user said you little cretin. not that it's even a blog, because bloggers don't typically lie out their ass about something they know nothing about.
guessing that if you didn't completely make the whole story up, it went something like this
>computer teacher in your middle school tells you to watch the class while he goes to take a piss
>you go up to the front of the class and stand still
>some nerdy little faggot in the front mentioned linux while talking to his equally faggot friend
>you mutter "linux sucks" so he can barely hear it
>nerdy faggot asks to repeat what you said a little louder
>quietly stammer "n-nothing" and speedwalk back to your seat
>trip on a power cord
>class laughs at you

*SSSSNAAAAAP*

Even if i got Windows for free I would still use Linux.

How much money would someone need to give to you to use windows=

Yikes

Windows is malware and I understand why someone would want to avoid it.

Because they have literally no explanation to why one is better than the other. Virtualbox and VMware are basically the same thing and the skills you learn with one will transfer to the other. If your class says use vmware than use VMware.

They are already being terrible to work with lol. I'm in the level one class so it's like they know all the "cool" things to use but have absolutely zero expierence in using them. I'm sure theyll grow out of it but still.

Attached: 1535567622352.png (256x300, 122K)

Attached: coolface.png (5000x4068, 861K)

I get Windows for free and I've never taken advantage of it. Using Windows would be a major productivity loss for me.

Attached: cyuyg.jpg (250x243, 7K)

you learned how to samefag
congratulations

Idiot

Paint is the only thing that's superior about windows compared to ubuntu. Gimp isn't as fast and flexible as paint. You can make a meme in paint in just under a minute. The one thing I miss about windows

Kill yourself

Windows works better

i got told to stop asking questions in the class because Im sucking up oxygen.

so Im just gonna shut up

I know exactly which tumblr bitch complained

But you can just press printscreen
t. Using ubuntu for almost a decade