You DO have your /home partition encrypted, right? Don't tell me you think just a silly login password is enough...

You DO have your /home partition encrypted, right? Don't tell me you think just a silly login password is enough, a LiveCD is enough to break through any Windows or Linux password.

Attached: Screenshot_20180831_083350.png (648x196, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikichip.org/wiki/x86/tsme
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nothing to hide, freak.

everything under luks lock and key except /boot because proprietary bios

There's no sensitive information in / and /boot though, unless you put stuff in your /etc files.

/thread
Only autistic spergs think the government cares about the hentai on their hard drive.

My entire disk is encrypted, the key has a size of 8MB
>a LiveCD is enough to break through local logins
I have secure boot and a UEFI setup utility password for that

I'm a pepperoni, sausage, and extra sauce kind of guy. Not a cheese pizza guy

I use an encrypted drive with a dtpm and a power on password though. Why would I need to encrypt individual partitions?

>implying that /home is enough when all temp files are unencrypted elsewhere

>not hiding your deepest, darkest secrets in /etc/sysctl.conf

Attached: pawpatrol17-paw-patrol-clipart-png.png (1500x1040, 308K)

So this is the power of Jow Forums the technology board...

>UEFI setup utility password for that

*removed battery*
*BIOS restarts*

>There's no sensitive information in / and /boot though
So? It's easy to encrypt the whole disk, why not do it?

Encrypting / in software slows down the FS, and hardware encryption on the disk side is a black box.

There is no point in encrypting home if you use full disk encryption.

Unless you never turn your computer off.

Even my gaming device has full disk encryption. And I never noticed any slowdowns desu.
Theoretically it should affect the load times and SSD speed, but it's nothing worth worrying about.

>slows down the FS
This isn't the '90s where we had to run triple DES on a Pentium 2. We've had AES-NI for what, eight years? The overhead of disk encryption is smaller than negligible. If you're going to use it at all there's zero reason to not use it for the whole disk.

>aes-xts 512b 1719.7 MiB/s 1726.3 MiB/s
Not really an issue since AES-NI

According to FS tests by phoronix it can be up to 30% slower.
When the disk is full it gets worse.

But there is basically nothing performance relevant on / on a normal desktop system. All the heavy IO happens in your /home/

>encrypts HDD/SDD
>doesn't encrypt RAM
shiggy diggy niggas

Buy EPYC if you want that

en.wikichip.org/wiki/x86/tsme

The disk remains encrypted and you would still have to open up a thin laptop to access the CMOS battery

>not keeping your cheese pizza unencrypted and in a folder marked cheese pizza
2 decades and counting without an issue because i'm not a sperg that tries to brag about my massive collection to everyone i meet and uploading it to the botnet for internet fame

Attached: 1527125589211.jpg (570x526, 36K)