>guy cosplaying as anime character
>comsci = gayming
>unironically talking about memes irl
>female incels
>below 18/ above 25 bmi
>soiiboiis overcompensating with "personality"
>discord
>"""""""""""""""introverts""""""""""""""""""""""

What was your experience like anons? Any tips?

Attached: sigh.jpg (550x422, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouTube_headquarters_shooting
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A few derps in early semesters, but they dropped out quickly. Only a few females, but they did their job, I guess. Other than that, just normal people like anyone else. Are you burger?

95% pajeets in my classes

Extremely this

>I was late to the first class (calculus)
>woah this is a surprising amount of girls
>somehow dragged into a study group the first few days because someone thought I looked smart (am not)
>thought the first programming class would be 'hello world' but instead it was graph theory and pseudo-code
>major cliques were various groups of girls, a few groups of nerds, a few chads, slackers, and lone wolves
>holy shit how do I solve this

Attached: Capture.png (994x646, 219K)

I can't even imagine the smell.

>Are you burger?
Nah. Dunno about them dropping out, seeing as the uni I go to in my country is pretty hard to get into.

not sure how qualified I am to give any tips since I dropped out but it mostly comes down to studying hard (and smart)
if you can figure out stuff on your own that's awesome but if you can't then you need to look things up and then make sure you understand them
find the best way for you to study, most successful people I saw were engaged in study groups because it forces you to meet up and study and bouncing knowledge off of each other helps you understand it, people fill in the gaps for each other, also the social aspect is nice
if you can, NOT taking notes during lectures and focusing on the lecture itself instead will help you, make sure to still get a copy of someone's notes (girls usually take the best notes and have the neatest writing)
be ready for the heavy stuff to be revealed in the last few lectures of each class, most classes build up towards the end
sign up to all the online message boards / social media / whatever is relevant and available for your school/classes
people that already took the class usually have the best advice about it, especially if it's they took it with the same professor
I found it really helpful to simulate taking exams as part of studying for them, shows you how much you know and can solve in real time, also builds up stamina for the really hard/long ones

VISITING / OPEN / OFFICE HOURS - use them! whoever is offering them, most people never go (I went once or twice) but it's probably one of the best uses of your study time.

>And you have to climb up 7 floors
Sensible_chuckle.gif
The not taking notes advise is good. That's been my approach since highschool. I use an app called CamScanner that i use to take pictures of other's notes and it converts them to PDFs and automation increases contrast for legibility.

Attached: 1532642549189.png (578x548, 325K)

Why do most of you fuckers not care about basic hygiene and/or don't even know how to dress themselves properly.

One of the few things I hated about CS.

> 4-5 girls and 25 guys
> 1 of them was a spanish Stacy who always left lab first
> the others were pretty ugly asians, but they are like 7's because it's a CS program
> pretty attractive Indian TA with a thick accent and a thicc ass and titties
> mostly normies (tech bros, hiphop interests me, longboard guy, cultured normal human beings)
> a few "weird" guys (the weird white kids that back in high school, but usually the smartest guys)
> social groups were mostly decided by sex and race: asians... indians... whites... the 3 asian girls
> me: literal autist who can't hold a conversation or make friends

Attached: 1512758276140.gif (773x512, 53K)

>What was your experience like anons?
Exactly 100% like your post, nothing more to say. I thought wen entering cs that I could finally share my hobbies with interesting peoples but most of them are comicon-tier retards screaming rick and morty and marvel references.

unironically have an autist constantly meming about linux in the whatsapp group. when asked for advice on which IDE to use he says "only vim"

burger here, went to trade school instead of 4 year
college
>all males
>that kid who sleeps and watches twitch streams in class and hasnt turned in the last 2 projects
>that kid with the unironic thinkpad with linux on it, he cant run any of the software needed for the class and wants to write everything in c++, fails the course despite having a windows lab computer right in front of him every class with all the software on it
>that kid that literally nobody likes and everybody constantly shits on, including the instructor
>that fat kid with as much arrogance as body fat who gets the best grades, turns all the projects in by the end of the first day, teacher's assistant (this kid is me)
>that half-black kid who is average but hardworking and signs all his code and papers as Token because the instructors cant pronounce his name
>those two indian kids who get good grades but keep to themselves
>the really short kid who shouts memes out loud and actually reeees
>the fat short bearded kid who literally looks like a fantasy dwarf
>the kid who enrolled solely for the game design classes and wants to work at blizzard, writes code that is reminiscent of occult black magic code that nobody can understand but somehow works, except that it doesnt actually work
>the kid that is your room mate that you accidentally got into magic the gathering and now he never shuts up about it
>The Nameless Kids Who Nobody Pays Attention To

And let me guess: you're so unique and special because you know Jow Forums and you're not a normie like them, right?
Oh, you even know the career is not about videogame development. How cute.
You'll either drop out halfway through and/or get stuck in simple assignments because you insist that your way is better than what the teacher told you. Your (purposedly) small social group means you won't be able to study properly and your superiority attitude will keep you away from meaningful social interactions with most of the people you meet.
I've meet so many of you guys it's not funny anymore. You're not special. You're trying too hard and it shows.

I dont know in what kind of autistic place you live, but here it was just your average thing...
>many normalfags who thought CE was easy money and dropped out after first semester
>bunch of girls (by bunch I mean ~7 in 150 students), most of them dont even know what linux is
>few nerds, become friends with them quickly and still friends 10 years after
>in second year and forth some exchange students, many just came here to party but some others were nice to hang out with

because i don't like or care for the physical aspect of being alive very much

Jokes on you. I'm only half of the things you listed.

Fourth year here.

Apart from basically what all of you said, my program had a quite large age span, people from 18 to 38 years old, and hoo boy did that matter - almost everyone under 22 dropped out or moved back a year.

Sounds spot on. Welcome to CS enjoy your stay

>female incels
Elaborate

Very ugly females, obviously

I graduated in CE in the top university in my country, let me tell a story.

> First day CE, ~60 weirdos in class, about 4 of them female
> Arrive late, sit in one of the free spots left
> By my side, 2/10 short jewish skinny girl
> Professor: "You freshmen are too stiff, as your assignment today you will have to talk to whoever is sitting next to you. Get to know them, what they like, dislike, hopes and dreams."
> The girl, which I will call little Missie Tryhard, scored first place in the university admission test, is an absolute monster in her studies
> Meanwhile, I have interest in sleeping, playing and modding videogames and barely passed the admission test
> We got to know each other, and turns out she doesn't really mix with people out of the "tryhard club" (you know the type)
> Months pass by, we maintain a healthy friendship.
> One day, I see her struggling a bit in a programming assignment, decide to give a hand
> She is indebted for life (I guess it must be unacceptable to them being helped by a inferior being)
> Exams coming. I skipped most classes and didn't even bring a notebook to the ones I attended
> "Hey Tryhard, could I borrow your notes to make a copy? I'll return them right away"
> Notes obtained. Everything is written so fucking clearly, I understand everything very fast.
> All relevant info is there, none of the bullshit
> Satisfactory performance in tests, fuck yeah.
> Borrow her notes to make copies in almost every class since then
> Go through the whole course with OK performance and very little effort
> My friends call me "mythical", because I attend so few classes and manage to pass
> Graduate, give Tryhard an awkward hug

> Few months pass, taking it easy before getting a job (aka NEET)
> Receive e-mail from recruiter in a respectable company where Ms. Tryhard works
> "user, we had very good references of you, would you like to come for a interview?"
> "Fuck yes"
> Land the job
> All because that marvelous ugly girl

Graduating in December

A lot of people switch or drop out when they find out they're not making video games, they're configuring cisco routers and querying databases and learning sorting methods. Expect a fraction of the people by 4th year.

>> > She is indebted for life (I guess it must be unacceptable to them being helped by a inferior being)

kek

im sure graduating from a top uni with an acceptable GPA had nothing to do with that job

My first ever CS class was math 1, it was a fat old guy writing complex equations on a blackboard.
So not really fun, but what I expected and the way it should be done.

based

First couple months as a CS freshman (years ago)
>All department PCs run a custom Linux distro
>Brutal "intro to Linux" in the first weeks where you end up optimizing bash scripts to read large files and calculate stuff
>All the while they start grinding algorithms and data structures in your head
>People dropping like flies
>Mandatory math intro course where some 60 year old bearded dude doesn't fuck around, probably hates teaching
>Proofs, so many proofs
>Recursions
>"Neat trick called master theorem"
>More fucking proofs
>First programming project, fully working chess with GUI and good test coverage minimum to pass
>EASTERN EUROPE UNI SURE IS FUN BOIS

Now we all work in the ad industry, not sure whether I won or lost. At least I get paid.

What I really don't get is how many student don't have any idea what they're doing. In 4th year I'd work with people that could write program decently, and they could write pretty good papers. The problem is that they almost had to be spoon-fed. Like we would learn concepts (with examples) in class and they'd still need the TA to basically write the framework to for them with comments like //your code here.

I really don't know how some of these people actually graduated without needing to solve basic shit themselves

I went to uni in Germany and it was similar, except the Linux stuff. Everyone just assumed that you already know Linux. Also we used Debian which is a bit mainstream.

>First programming project, fully working chess with GUI and good test coverage minimum to pass
Not bad. At my time we did the metacircular evaluator from SICP for the first years programming project with some simple electronic circuit simulation, building halfadders and shit. Was fun.

That sounds like a great program desu, even if the uni isn't well known. My uni's intro course taught us the basics up to arrays and it was a semester system. I looked at Harvard's CS50x course and they learn all of that in the first week.

So basically, the general population.

East or West Europe?

this is true

Senior in CS here (fourth year), you sound like a fag, loosen up. Yeah there'll be weirdos and weebs and cat eared trannies/furries and the like. Unironically talking about memes? Do you not like jokes or something? This is a pretty introverted major so don't expect everyone to be chad thundercock like you.

Sometimes I get a bit pissed, because CS in my uni was pretty hard. We had courses where 80% of people would fail. We did all the theory stuff, complex math, functional programming C, Assembly, machine learning and AI and so on.
Still here in Germany I can be happy if I earn like 60k a year before taxes, not bad but taxes are high and when I read about some people who do the same or even have easier classes and then get some web dev job in the US for 120k starting it seems unfair.
I am now a freelancer and also sell my own software, but that route is also not easy.

it's almost like being nice and social will get you places in life.

>slam thinkslab down on desk
>punch power button
>BEEP
>WHIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Every pussy in the room was dripping.

Attached: tails.jpg (212x238, 13K)

Ignore the US wages, they're crazy compared to the rest of the world but you have to risk shit like this happening.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouTube_headquarters_shooting

>first year in EE
>hanging with Chads and cute nerdy girls
>parties non-stop
>everyone is helpful and smart
>professors run businesses on the side
>get to see cool projects for inspo
>dip into the fun parts of CS
>non-EE girls find me as daddy material

I love this major.

Attached: 1535533109179.jpg (300x440, 25K)

You need to put babies in that jewish womb

What software f am?

All the freshman kids I see these days are underweight nerds who spew discord memes. So unbearable

I'm taking a introduction to computing class at my community college. A few of my classmates are over 40, one is is over 50. There's a 15 year old girl and a 17 year old girl. And you have the typical gamer guys that wanna make video games or they want to tech support because it's easy.

Chads everywhere i looked, one weird korean girl, a recovering meth addict, at least 3 class clowns and a dude so small, frail and thin that he made me look like thor.

Most of it is related to online poker. Not bots. Programs that will arrange your tables in a certain manner, will automaticaly register you for tournaments, show statistics on your opponents, things like that.

Thats pretty awesome man, niche market. Look into making tools for Amazon sellers if you like ecommerce. Those guys have money to burn

Don't socialize with other CS students, get their emails for class related stuff and avoid them in public.
I'm lucky enough to be the cool guy who understands computers, you don't want their stink to rub off on you

Thanks, will look into that.

Seriously, I don't even mind jewish people anymore

I'm not saying I'm without merit, but man, that's way more than I would expect from any other people (outside family)

West haha

Yes, it is true. If you survive the two first years, there's a good chance you are gonna make it.

Being nice to the right people is even more important. I pity whoever is nice to me thinking it will lead somewhere

I fear they might come out ugly AND lazy. (And I think her family wouldn't accept me, I'm not jewish... That's a thing, right?)

i go to a mediocre school so there aren't that many autistic in my class.

CS is made for introverts, if you go into it thinking you are going to work with well adjusted men and sensible females, I can only laugh at you. You're going to get disillusioned women, unhappy that CS isn't what they thought it is, and anti-social nerds with a few normal people like yourself sprinkled in that think CS is their ticket to a stable life (it isn't)

People who think CS is just games baffle me

I had a really great OS course that was very on-hands as well. While it was a lot of work I found it to be very rewarding and not at all frustrating.

CS is the chad major in my country because of the high salaries compared to everything else. like 60-40 m/f aswell

Until you get replaced by an AI algorithm in 5-10 years time. CS is a dead end unless you become an advanced programmer working on the software that does all the work or you work on other things like networking/hardware maintenance.

tell me about it
I have 3 trannies in my class

>I fear they might come out ugly AND lazy. (And I think her family wouldn't accept me, I'm not jewish... That's a thing, right?)

Nah its not really a thing unless they're literally orthodox psychos

What do you expect all chads and chicks in daisy dukes? Pick a better uni next time.

not arguing, just giving an example. competition is fierce so mostly harvard type chads and lawschool type stacies get accepted. the typical introvert lazy type person doesn't stand a chance

>Until you get replaced by an AI algorithm in 5-10 years time.

kek more likely to be replaced by a 500 USD/month Pajeet or Pinoy

funny I've had this talent as well. For some reason I'll befriend people who later turn out to be very driven and successful and will just land me jobs at companies they're working.

>that faggot with his shitty shit of a laptop
>constantly overheating despite not running much
>fans on full WRROOOOOMMMM during lesson

Ruski?

I'm a senior and most of the people you've described either drop out or change their major to something useless.
I'm in a fast track program where I can take a master's class instead of a BS class to count towards both degrees, and it's exactly what said.

As a German CS grad from one of the top unis I feel you. However job prospects are stellar, compared to what I read from merrimutts here so there is always an upside.

While a few people seem to pull the meme salaries, quite a few of them don't even get a job out of school.

How hard is it to get an internship in college? I'd like to get into web development. I figured if I went to a college in Silicon Valley I might have lots of opportunities.

As a mutt, if I was to learn German would the job prospects be good? I've denied the holocaust in the past so I understand that might be a problem

While there is a certain portion of absolute dorks in CS, the number is much lower than in physics departments. Math seems to be mostly fine, with a much higher male-female ratio as well.

I'd say the majority of people in CS here is very well adjusted.

I wouldn't be crazy to ask her out while working in the same company. But sure as fuck I will stay close to her, who knows one day I might enter the Intel family

That's a valuable skill to have. I think the best thing in university is the chance for networking to great people

Yes, stay away from America. It would be bad to work there because there's too many guns. Yes.

> Not being a gunowner since 5
user... I

Damn that's crazy. My mom grew up in San Bruno.

If you at least show up, it would be hard not to get an internship

01:36:30 up 1 day, 2 users, load average: 0.02, 0.03, 0.10

This is full autism musl+busybox+custom scheduler you wish your cpu usage was this low.

Attached: 1535491780580.gif (200x180, 2.97M)

How's your experience? What do you mostly work with?

The really stellar job prospects over here come with at least a Masters degree in CS or a CS related field. If you have that you don't even need to learn German really. At work we use English exclusively.

>prof spends first portion of lecture showing off his favourite xkcd comics
>keeps reiterating that this is a really difficult course and not something you pick for free credits
>STEM superiority complex
>lowkey racism

Attached: 1534534429786.png (873x873, 228K)

I've been coding since 11, mostly self taught, (my parents acted like gooks):
Python, C/Visual C#/C++, Boolean Logic, Java (from Minecraft modding), Javascript
In CS 1182 right now.

I also am ethnic german, not a mutt

I get almost double that amount on welfare

> Not believing STEM is the master race
Get out.

the system works!

one can be master race without a superiority complex

so you're still in school? then just focus on this. my experience comes mostly with working on machine learning applications, for which companies prefer at least people on a graduate level.

At least over here that's the case. I imagine its similar in the US.

If you're still in school I'd suggest not making the mistake to just cover the basics of CS and then leave it at that. Pick your niche, whether that's ITSec, embedded programming, Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, Robotics, Database engineering...

I feel a lot of people end up as code monkeys when they don't have any particular skillset on top of their experience in programming languages.

Even doing frontend webdev is fine, as long as you're good at it. I know people making a ton of cash polishing some user facing frontend for big companies.

I'm kind of insane, I'm trying to learn everything in the field. It's my hobby and obsession.

>female incels

explain. I can't visualize this

Females who are involuntarily celibate

pretty much tomoko except not cute

To be fair a well organized discord channel is pretty useful. I'm in a group of about 25 people who all have the same courses every semester. The whole thing is split up by courses and people can post upcoming deadlines or ask questions. Pretty convenient desu.

I get that obsession however at some point you'll have to pick and choose. It's hard enough to really master stuff from just one of these, but to start out it's fine to check what you truly enjoy.

>med. student
>everybody is normal
>i'm the only who uses loonix
>sometimes I wish I had someone to talk about anime and technology
True story.

Attached: f9dcaf3d8361016ed1f34cfa33f2104c395316c83f6fcae7e37fb0f83a2ebfa6.jpg (675x1200, 137K)

based and redpilled

I prefer groupme, personally.

>he isn't doing Anki cards and watching lectures at 2x speed from home

what region do u attend med school?

>this
The lack of routine makes it kinda hard to get to marked labs on time though, in my experience. Could just be because I'm a lazy cunt though

In my country, not burgerland.
Im a third worlder.

welcome international friend

I don't browse Jow Forums but thanks fren.

Attached: 527c8e2b08f9fc1079f599d8bfbc50db76cc1eac942165c5bf6bde9cb9cdbe66.jpg (1920x1080, 177K)