Why is this dumb bullshit limitation still allowed and still in effect?

Why is this dumb bullshit limitation still allowed and still in effect?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-31-12-23-14.jpg (575x64, 14K)

It's not that dumb when you look at how many people use this website

Cause Jow Forums isn't profitable enough to scale its servers up to handle the extra data

why dont you compress an image for once in your life

because bandwidth and servers cost money and hardly anyone is willing to advertise on this cesspit.

because Jow Forums would turn into a warez forum

BUY A PASS!!!!!

That's a shitty meme from, like, 2006. Let it go, it's not funny anymore.

>Why is this dumb bullshit limitation still allowed and still in effect?
It is there so that you don't post your whole hard drive backup on /po/ to retrieve six months later.

You're misunderstanding everything.
Unlike you, I don't give the slightest fuck about "muh business". wasabiman bought this website knowing full-well the implications. He knows (just as well as you do, if you look deep down past your big boy attitude) that this website costs next to nothing to run. He also knows(again, just like you) that there are way more than enough ads and pass users to cover the operating costs plus gravy. This website should not be his livelihood. It is self-sufficient. We don't need him or give a fuck about him. He should shut the fuck up and stay out of the way just like moot did. He wasn't born yesterday. He knows this is how people on an imageboard expect it to be run. He chose to be cheeky and buy it anyway, thinking he's going to call the shots and reinvent the wheel so he can pay for his chinese hookers. If you're fine with that, go ahead and cuck yourself and live by his rules. If you want to just browse your fucking website in peace (which only exists (for hiroshima to make money from) because YOU post content onto it), you should make it inconvenient for him to operate it in such a jewish way. If he doesn't want to do that, he's going to have a bad time, and if we do our best to STOP buying passes, block MORE ads, post LARGER and MORE images, it's just going to ACTUALLY make it unprofitable for him. Which means he'll sell it (because muh business isn't making me money how will I buy my egg rolls and dumplings now???), and it can be passed on to someone who's with the fucking program. Like moot was.

if you don't understand this, go ahead and turn your ad blocker off. Maybe you cat buy a pass so moot2 can get some chink to suck his japanese eggplant and he can give you a clover next to your post. The guy is a leech. Stop supporting his bullshit.

We create the traffic and the money the website generates. All he does is cash the cheques. Don't give him more credit than he deserves. Welcome to the internet, buddy.

At 2ch the biggest russky imageboard the limit is 40 mb (120 with pass) and you can post webm or mp4 (with sound aswell). You can put 4 images/videos per post (6/8 per post)

At /p/ or /hr/ I think, it's 8mb. But you're a faggot and your memes don't need to be that big.

Because hosting ain't free

a Russian website doesn't give a fuck about liability concerns, whereas since hiroshimoot lives in burgerstan he could get v& if things get out of hand here. 40mb filesizes increase pizza and piracy problems 1000-fold.

Russian website doesn't give a fuck because it's hosted by authorities.

True. You cannot post a swastika image there.

Because Hiroyuki Nishimura sells metadata. Storing the media content, once a hash has been made, is just added cost to him that isn't of interest to those buying the metadata.

Lmao there is a thread from 2016 on the main page.

On the other hand, an outstanding thread can hit the bump limit within a month or two. Like .

>"wahhhhh Gookmoot doesn't accommodate my needs"
kill yourself

>replying to copypasta

Attached: 2018-08-31-224044_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 1.68M)

>He also knows(again, just like you) that there are way more than enough ads and pass users to cover the operating costs plus gravy.
(not true, by the way)

>mfw it's true

Attached: 1529604323124.jpg (240x240, 8K)

How would you do it if it only allowed images?

entomb your gentoo stage3 tarball in a jaypeg

Jew

s2png

the requirement is still there