Site gets "updated"

>site gets "updated"
>it's worse in every way for the end user
why is it ALWAYS like this? I've yet to see a site redesign post 2010 that actually made a site better

Attached: Mary-Padian-photos[2].jpg (827x601, 74K)

>why is it ALWAYS like this?
for the same reason applel removes features, sweetie :^)

Because once a human audience is established they are like flies on shit. Humans aren't meant to suddenly stop using something when that something becomes worse in every way. They're just animals so don't expect too much.

Because the people designing it want it to be as pretty as possible rather than as functional as possible. Modern UI and modern websites are SHIT. Went to a site with commercial software with the intent to purchase it recently, and was left disgusted at how long I had to browse past the shitty bootstrap layouts to read what I wanted. Needless to say I ended up not purchasing it.

You just summed up Android's design.

Who here browses slashdot and remembers when Dice media bought it and tried to redo the internet elder gods favourite news site in catchy sleek lame useless web 2.0 / 3.0 fuck fest

It was an absolute circus. People were SEETHING with rage.

Attached: 1533422312073.gif (245x245, 998K)

Jow Forums unironically has the best layout of any website

You tell me the new last.fm design isn't dog shit.

Because you're a 20 something who pretends he's 80 and bitches about change 24/7

This, with 4chanX it gets near perfection

I've yet to see a site redesign post ever that actually made a site better.

Attached: 1534295731902.png (600x656, 75K)

Because people want to keep their cushy non-job but have run out of actual improvements so they make a random change once every 3 months.

Attached: apple.jpg (671x816, 143K)

Because redesigns aren't made with the user in mind. They do redesigns when they want to sell ads and services

Fault of overdeveloped webscript/HTML complex. Managers tired of their old website which was developed organically and idiosyncratically over a decade or more, and think they can get to modern standards using huge do-it-all web developement package. Overpromise underdeliver ofc new website ends up looking and working like an Android dialogue box.

Liveleak is the best example of this. Really fucked up, no chance of a fix.

mcmaster-carr is the best website in existence, whoever works on that site is absolutely based and redpilled and definitely NOT a trap (but may wear a programming skirt if male)

The last.fm "redesign" hurt the most.

Noted. University of Turku went full retard with its recent online curriculum change. It's impossible to get a faculty-wide picture of what's going on in what period. Never go full retard. They went full nu-web too, what used to be instant loading of simple HTML documents is now lagged animated pile of shit, complete with fuckhueg granny fonts and empty space everywhere.

What was wrong with pic related? That's old design. Can you point it out for me design/g/urus?

Attached: utuvanha.png (549x603, 72K)

Jow Forums post native extension

Only thing I can think of is allow to sort on course code rather than on course title, in case you know the code of what you're looking for already. But I love that it appears to be simple text, so ctrl-f should work anyway.

Killing off the radio did it for me, but yeah, the current design is shit. Not being able to correct misspellings or change redirects sucks, too. How many years have they been 'working on' bringing those features back? They just don't care at this point.

At least whatever made you post this got updated.
>Use Panoramio to see old photos of where I live or places I want to go
>Always finding interesting things obscured from satellite view in Google Earth
>Google fucking deletes 93 million photos on a whim one day and chants that google maps photos of shitty "points of interest" everyone knows about with shitty filters slapped over them is a better replacement

computer design was perfected in the late 2000s, think Windows 7. designers still need a job though, so they've just been convincing the higher-ups that their new bullshit way of doing things they came up with on a beer coaster is better. So they've just been continuously fucking with perfection, making it unrecognizable over time.
Can we come up with a name for this process?

They updated the Skype application with a new UI, now my 81-yo grandmother can't find her way around it any more. In fact, she was lamenting how she should have taken computer literacy courses when she retired at 65, when she 'thought she was young, capable and could do anything'. Fuck Microsoft and fuck this planet.

But her saying that at 81 about when she was 65 really made me feel like I have all the time in the world at 28.

Yes, Microsoft should not update Skype for the next 50 years because this one Grandma can't find her way around 3 oversized buttons and a contact/conversation list.

It was unnecessary and Linus Torvalds would agree that you shouldn't break the workflow of users. I guess it's the difference between the Linux world where it's all about the user and the Microsoft world where it's all about Pajeets having a job.

>Google removed the volume control on their new video player

Attached: 1520001631774.jpg (311x317, 11K)

Imagine the meme redesigns this shithole would've been put through if the cuck never sold it to hiroshima and kept it while working at google.

Wait what? You mean jewtube?

>Browser gets redesigned
>it's worse for the user
Remember the glory days of real 4chanx on non-cucked nightly pre 24.
Remember firefox 3.6...

At least increase the line spacing

agree

job titles like
>UX engineer
have been introduced