Should I buy this shit? Whats some cheaper laptop with an acceptable GPU and CPU...

Should I buy this shit? Whats some cheaper laptop with an acceptable GPU and CPU? Is the i3 with mx150 enough for some light gaming in 1080p or should I get something with i5 and 1050?

Attached: ideapad-y520-gallery01 (1).jpg (1060x596, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html
notebooksbilliger.de/notebooks/gaming notebooks/lenovo legion y520 15ikbn gaming 316634
twitter.com/AnonBabble

used/refurb/hell even new dell inspiron 7567

/thread

i5. although the last i5 i had overheated from runescape so youll have to keep it very light

don't build a 8L ITX computer its the size of a external GPU for your laptop and also has a superiorly cooled desktop cpu in it.

will cost you like 3x less. then buy a cheap super thin laptop and find a way to send the video signal too it if you really want a laptop.

laptops are basically just displays and keyboards and battery now there is no point getting a powerful one because you will want a external GPU dock for it in 2years any way and you can build a PC the size of a dock.

Attached: Ghost S1 DXj.jpg (1200x900, 239K)

No

this

Attached: 4.jpg (1280x960, 385K)

Fag

but you can fit the ghost in a backpack.

if you want small get this its half the size of both.

i7 8700k and 1080ti. 5L volume.

Attached: 2T0JKbS.jpg (4032x3024, 1.41M)

HP x360 2500U

The latest i3 (8 Gen)is enough, i5 is better, of course.

My friend bought this one, the same as this one, it is great. Trust me, guy.

Which part of laptop cant you understand?

Surely that gpu is cooking. Why not get a blower style?

Getting a powerful laptop is stupid you will get a external GPU the size of a it's pc for it in 16months also a 5L it's PC is the same total volume as a powerful laptop which only has 30mins battery any way

P51 will go on sale soon. Good enough for whatever you want to play at 1080.

carrying this shit around and using it is not socially acceptable.

that being said, I want one of these setups and already have

-a 7600k, and a 1600 r5
-a 1070
-a full sized and mini mobo for each chip

so point me in the right direction for all these materials. or better yet, are you around LA? I'll give you 50 bucks if you build this for me

I dont want a cased pc, I dont want a full on gaming laptop neither, I want a laptop which is capable for the occasional time when I play games.

Depends on what games you play. If you play low-spec stuff like League or Starcraft II even a dualcore and a MX150 will do just fine.
If you want to play a new AAA game from time to time, you'll want at least a quadcore (i5 8xxxU is fine) and a 1050(Ti) with 4 GB VRAM.

Ugly, too large, clumsy design and what's this from their site "... today working as a game developer is envied by millions, today we are super heroes".

Shit "designed" by some mentally unstable gamers?

How capable is the mx150 compared to a 2GB gt850m?

That's a nicer design. Still ugly and clumsy though.

1050 or 1050 Ti if you want to play AAA games on somewhat acceptable settings IMO.
OTOH I've seen good gamers use integrated graphics before so...

They are similar in performance, but MX150 seems to be a little faster:
notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html

No. Just get a Thinkpad T60.

Thoughts?

Attached: lenovo_59445075_y50_ci7_16gb_1tb_8ssd_windows_10_15_6_1179423.jpg (2500x2500, 555K)

>caring about social acceptance

Belongs in the trash.

What's around the same price range with similar specs?

I think its in a Silverstone case or element from a larger case and uses a 1080ti mini card and a custom PSU and pcie adaptor.

they also have a benchmark saying their extension cable increases fps by 10fps min fps from not using a cable at all ^_^. I brought a 60$ case from china that used their cad files to make a cheaper case. their 300$ thing is retarded .

>gaming laptop
absolutely cringe

the people in this thread saying it's portable and "socially acceptable" are severely lacking in self awareness regarding the fat, hot brick most of these laptips are

This gamer aesthetic laptop is the cheapest laptop with an 1050.

The best of them sure, the upper middle are good looking IMHO.
MSI GS65, Gigabyte Aero15x etc.

But they are noisy and hot when actually gaming - however most people don't do that with judgmental non-nerds looking.

I have this , its 17" and carrying it around is absolutely easy, most of the people who saw it liked it, especially the keyboard lights.

Attached: 269776015.jpg (770x600, 41K)

HELP pls going to university soon studying computer science, need a decent laptop under 600$, DONT need it for gaming, but id appreciate a decent battery life and good display, i trust in your advice Jow Forums//

Asus something

If you don't mind the looks, head over to /tpg/ and get a Thinkpad.
I have a t520 with a 1080p that's great, and I've gotten t420s for my family members. They can be easily gotten under $200. Throw in an SSD and it's a great computer for a student.

i ordered thiis and kind of kicking myself for paying so much but yolo

aero 15x v8 4k

Attached: F-4.jpg (2560x1440, 237K)

any of the Ryzen laptops should suffice, I personally like the HP Envy x360 Ryzen 5 2500U because it's got a 25W TDP and its perfirmance is similar to the Ryzen 2700U laptops, and it's within your price range

Never buy amd laptop

care to explain why?

Worse than nvidia at the same price, eats more power and makes more heat

that's completely wrong, and he didn't want a gaming laptop, he asked for a good laptop for computer science, and the Ryzen chips perform better than their intel couterparts in areas where computational perfirmance is needed

Oh fuck, just don't. That's a big no no. I had one of those. Never again.

I have to admit, that thing looks kinda cool. If the pape you have there is 1440p or higher, you mind posting it, user?

Why

Way too expensive for the perfomance you get. The build quality is alright (mine was aluminium, looked and felt pretty good) but everything else sucks ass. It was also heavy as fuck. I guess every "gaymin" laptop has cooling issues but there was this problem with MSI machines (especially G-series) that made the fan go nuts every few seconds. They said BIOS update would fix it but it did not for me. So you need to download their software (dragon-something) to control the fans from the OS. Bullshit.

I don't want to give MSI shit because I like the company and most of my builds are MSI when it comes to mainboards and video cards.

What I'm saying is that mobile gaming is a meme and you should not fall for it. Learn from other peoples mistakes and don't waste hundreds of bucks on that. You can get a desktop (including monitor) with similar performance for half the price.

I never had problems with the fans

Just speaking from my experience. They might have fixed it by now. But that was not my main point. The point is:

It's a meme. It's a waste of money. So how could anyone recommend gaymin laptops?

Gaming laptops are the cheapest laptops with an 1050, non gaming ones have mx150 and nearly cost the same, only 50-100$ cheaper for worse performance

The cheapest GTX 1050 laptop I can find at Germany's biggest retailer for such devices is this one:
notebooksbilliger.de/notebooks/gaming notebooks/lenovo legion y520 15ikbn gaming 316634
>750€ = 870$
>Doesn't even ship with a fuckin SSD or OS

The desktop version of the GTX 1050 which is much more powerful is only 150€ = 170$ at this point.

>Buy used i5-4xxx build with 8 gigs of RAM
>Buy small SSD and huge HDD
>Buy used 1080p screen for 50 bucks

Gz, you have just build yourself a decent gaming rig for around 500 bucks tops that will shit on any modern gaymin laptop.

You get my point?

gl carrying around a pc and a monitor

Carry my battlestation around for what? Gaming at a bar or in university?

Attached: 1492370682003.jpg (243x207, 6K)

that thing looks beastly, how's the screen?

not him but gaming in the uni library is surprisingly top tier comfy especially if your library has fast wifi or ethernet ports

Dum dum

>has to settle for an epic rebublic of gamurs aestheic laptop with bloated price that people will make fun of just because he wants to play bidya
Will gaymers ever learn?

>Newnovo

how does the acer aspire 7 look guys? decent gaming laptop without the "gamer" look

notebookcheck gave the i5 model a good review, i've seen the i7 models go for under $800 on newegg, I can only imagine it's better than the i5 models

Just deal with whatever aesthetics and find the cheapest laptop with a 1070, I found one for a grand during the cryptocraze. These days it should be not so rare. Any less and you're not getting your dollars' worth