Train a generative neural network based chatbot on someone's speech

>train a generative neural network based chatbot on someone's speech
>the chatbot imitates the person very well
>has roughly the same neural network associations as in the the person's brain

>>>implying this isn't early-stage immortality already

Attached: brin_is_our_guy.jpg (1161x651, 178K)

Also:
>implying neural network associations (the connectome) is not what defines the person

How is a machine imitating you is immortality?
You will still fucking die and disappear in the Void. Only a machine that can shitpost in your place will remain.

It is early-stage immortality because it preserves your mental associations, and your mental associations (the connectome is the term for that) is pretty much what defines your personality.

Your personality would still be preserved. The only thing needed to completely restructure you would be adjusting your behavior slightly to fit your gene expression (your DNA coupled with the connectome would be almost enough for that, as it would carry enough data as to what genes were dominant).

>Train an AI using someone's speech
>They are now that person.

The dumbest thing I've read in a while. Thanks Jow Forums.

There is absolutely no way that a personality will ever be properly copied just by training on someone's speech. Jesus fucking christ. Are you all 12?

>>has roughly the same neural network associations as in the the person's brain
>search engines know you better than you do

It’s still not “you”. It doesn’t solve the copy vs original problem.

maybe if you incels achieve immortality, you will FINALLY live long enough to lose your virginity.

kek

>>has roughly the same neural network associations as in the the person's brain
lol

LOL :D

When think about it he is right.

Google has been an AI company from the very beginning.

There are loads of people that still don't get this every time we have this discussion.
"YOU" don't get a benefit from shit like this that just copies you, no matter how perfect it is for preserving a copy of your person.

Also we could be the copies, each one living in their own personal universe and starting over after death every time, as the same person.

>Invent AI faster than expected
>It learns at a geometric rate
>Give it control of the military including nukes
Don't do the last one. Skynet will kill us all.

>geometric rate
wut? This some 4d mathematical shit I've never heard of or are you 12?

you are the only 12 year old here

Attached: geoseqgraph.gif (300x300, 3K)

I don't give a fuck about how a copy of my personality is doing, hell, I would torture it if I could. I want ME to live forever. MEEEEEEEEEEE REEEEEEEEEE

>"YOU" don't get a benefit from shit like this that just copies you, no matter how perfect it is for preserving a copy of your person.

Define "YOU". Any attempt to define it comes down to a specific pattern of neural network connection which encode for the mental association between cognitive schemas.
A chatbot trained on your speech can capture a significant part of your personality, and hence "YOU".
Not all of it, but enough to reconstruct about 70% of the "YOU", what the "YOU" is in this context.

> Also we could be the copies, each one living in their own personal universe and starting over after death every time, as the same person
I hate this pseudo philosophical thought. There is absolutely no basis to this claim, no proof, hell there isn't even relevance to it. So what if that's the case, does it further our understanding of history, of ourselves. Are you implying we should all just commit suicide because we'll get a second chance anyway.

That being said, what OP is saying is actually pretty interesting. It won't be able to make people immortal, but we could however, preserve their personality or something. Imagine going to a history museum, and having a conversation with . It would be pretty cool, you could gain at least a little bit of an understanding of what that person was like when they were alive.

>achieve immortality
>wander cyberspace forever without a body, thus being an eternal virgin
Incels btfo

Also, another useful application of LSTM/recursive neural network technology is generating text of arbitrary length based on trained data.

Industrial scale shitposting on normie social media comes to mind.

According to it is "YOU"

You're oversimplifying the issue. "YOU" is your connectome - the pattern of connectivity within your brain. Nothing more.
The way different cognitive schemas are encoded in your brain (the hippocampus and the neocortex) is what defines you.
Genetic factors only influence how this connectome will be changed over time.

Pic related.

Attached: you.jpg (248x203, 17K)