Antivirus in 2018

yes or no, and why?

Attached: hmm.jpg (700x345, 40K)

Saged

I use avg to block the js miners

just use umatrix lmao

I've heard Windows Defender is an okay option coupled with Malwarebytes.

if you're a retard and download random shit, yes. if not, no.

yes goy, also pls buy a lifetime license for our software for just 499$ thx

Common sense is the best antivirus

Antivirus is like a condom. It's better to have one and not need it, than to need one and not have it.

Waste, don't bother with av. Real hackers can bypass easily

what about the windows defender one? is it worth the ''security'' in exchange of having even less privacy

You're already using theyr OS. So instead of giving your info to two separate companies you'll end up giving it to one.

Windows Defender is enough if you're not a retard and have an adblocker/firewall installed

No.
Antivirus causes autism.

well, that's true

This. Don't be a retard and you won't get a virus.

>taking advice from scammers and shills

Is there a study on this? If yes, pls gib source. I would love to read that.

>Is there a study on this?
No, but I read it on Facebook once so it must be true.

I guess. But I was wondering if I could also be ok without windows defender, just having firewall + bunch of addons like ublock origin, noscript, https everywhere

Unless you seal all of your USB ports and don't use external drives at all, I'd keep it enabled

Oh okay I'm sorry I have no facebook but I will make sure to tell all my friends about it so they know and avoid antivirus. Thx user.

alright, ty user, I'll do

Antivirus software is just a wrong approach to security in general.
The average non-retarded home user has no need for an antivirus. A good firewall is enough.
For office servers and the like (i.e. relevant targets) you should undergo other measures, like
>using a proper os
>strip as much unnecessary functionality as possible (smaller attack surface)
>use super restrictive firewalls and heavily control and monitor access to it
>sandbox applications whenever possible
And so on. Unless you're retarded and run random executables, possibly received via dubious emails, any antivirus software has nothing to offer. If something gets past common sense, it will in most cases get past an antivirus, so you're fucked anyway.

I prefer bareback.

This is why you should disable automount in the first place.

It's another attack vector that must be considered, many different av engines have been exploited. Autoscan a file and it runs a payload for example.

Attached: 1535400015580.jpg (422x750, 24K)

Never go near restricting , always running, malware called antivirus. I'm sure nothing in the arch repository is polluted

None here on muh Linux hosts. If I want to visit somewhere nasty I boot a live Linux using the toram Knoppix "cheat code" on a spare Thinkpad not connected to my LAN.

>winbloats defender
Cant run a virus if you have no system resources available

Attached: kitten_in_blender.jpg (560x768, 121K)

I cannot believe that you would ever run a computer without an antivirus. Do you even understand what risks you can run browsing the deep web? Imagine what kind of viruses you already have dude. Man I can't believe the people here.

>I have no need for an antivirus, Ganoo slash Linux is my protection

Only way to ride the Internet brah!

yes
common sense
came preinstaleld

Let's thank all those C and C++ developers for providing enough vulnerabilities for both the virus and the antivirus developers.

We don't use Windows.

Just use linux like retards on /g.
You won't download anything because no one makes anything for it and OS is already so unstable that you won't even see a difference even if you get affected.

no

>Don't have money so nothing to steal
>Don't have a life so nothing to data mine
>No digital memories of friends or family, can't do anything productive, so nothing to cryptolock.

A Linux user's life is truly the best antivirus since they can always just format and reinstall without losing a thing.

Common Sense (free edition) still is the best and less resource intensive virus protector and it's open source. All you need to do is build it yourself.