What's wrong with making things that are straightforward, intuitive, and easy to use?

What's wrong with making things that are straightforward, intuitive, and easy to use?

Attached: knowledge_graph_logo.png (302x302, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/thread/S66276481/
warosu.org/g/thread/S66292478/
warosu.org/g/thread/S66298954/
warosu.org/g/thread/S66305265/
warosu.org/g/thread/S66306100/
warosu.org/g/thread/S66306371/
youtube.com/watch?v=sfrYOWlKJ_g
youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8
youtube.com/watch?v=_hYHwkIuEMo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's all fine and dandy if until they made it a walled garden so much to the point that it's hard to tinker with the software and you don't have a right to repair your hardware.

>hard to tinker with the software

You still have a full control over macOS and its underlying BSD userland. SIP and Gatekeeper can be disabled at any time.

>you don't have a right to repair your hardware

Apple isn't stopping you, but they won't help you either. You can still try. If you don't like it, then stick with modular ATX desktops.

>What's wrong?
It works, but you can do nothing you want. You can only do what those 2 buttons allows you to make.
>think different lmao

I can do whatever I want on Mac OS and it looks the best

literally nothing is wrong with them

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 7.33.32 PM.png (1724x1496, 836K)

because if apple became the stabdard we would lose out of customization and the ability to properly troubleshoot our os

Last time I tried Mac OS it sucked ass and most thing hasen't the setting I want

This apple logo is making me crave 8 inch dicks

Like what?

BASED macOS user

Don't combine multiple windows from the same software in the dock, for example

>apple isnt stopping you
Lies. They literally go out of their way to make it imposible tho

idk boyos, I use loonix, freebsd and mucose on a daily basis and to be honest osx is not that bad, there a few things that kind of suck ass at times, for example it's ridiculously difficult to deal with using both a mouse and a trackpad, and the newer (>2015) macbooks are dogshit, but the system works, is stable, has lots of software ported to it, it's unix like and easy to use

i get the hate, but it's not as bad as people thing

windows is so much worse

You can control-click the icon to see all of the different tabs. Alternative you can three-finger swipe up to see all of your different fullscreen programs, along with three-finger swipe to the left/right to switch between them.

>implying apples isn’t the standard

they actively promote and glorify willful ignorance, mindless consumerism and brand fanaticism as virtues so they can sell shit like $1 usb cables for $25 and dongles you shouldn't even need for $75

Attached: apel.jpg (2222x2222, 1.73M)

those things are grear, but mac is none of those things.

plus really really fucking awful anti consumer business practices that the fucking cult keeps justifying because they riding too much corprate dick.

plus ios doesnt let me install what i want or even use a fuckin file browser so its completely unusable to me.

>Apple isn't stopping you,
They are. They go out of their way to stop anyone from fixing their stuff. They are pure anti-consumer, to the point that they think how to screw consumer and if that might benefit them, instead of the usual other way around.

>You can control-click the icon to see all of the different tabs. Alternative you can three-finger swipe up to see all of your different fullscreen programs, along with three-finger swipe to the left/right to switch between them.
Well, then I find the Windows (and most GNU/Linux DE) taskbar way more "straightforward, intuitive, and easy to use" than this mess

Because then normies will get to use technology. We can’t have that.

I don't find "right click to view all windows" that difficult. And, if you don't use gestures to increase your productivity, that's up to you I guess.

Enjoy having to uninstall bloatware with powershell. That must be "straightforward, intuitive, and easy to use."

>straightforward, intuitive, and easy to use

Attached: 1524544317103.jpg (656x611, 83K)

I feel macOS is more customizable than Windows.

What's wrong with using a toilet Pajeet?

Attached: 1505264351463.jpg (643x960, 256K)

microshills literally have so little to complain about that they whine about something that's already fixed.

tell me when taskbar icons don't flicker when you delete a file on windows 10.

Reminder that this iPajeet shill outed himself.
>makes fake celebrity account
>sends himself messages for "le ebic trole xD"
>forgets to remove his sim
>exposes himself as a literal pajeet on vodafone india
>actually tries to pull a "i-i-i was just PRETENDING to be a pajeet" "i-i-it was just a joke!"
warosu.org/g/thread/S66276481/
warosu.org/g/thread/S66292478/
warosu.org/g/thread/S66298954/
warosu.org/g/thread/S66305265/
warosu.org/g/thread/S66306100/
>even tries to hide it with airplane mode
warosu.org/g/thread/S66306371/

Attached: 1534586375939.png (813x1402, 370K)

taskbar icons flickering has never happened to me when deleting files, that must be a problem caused by some bloatware like Cortana that you were too dumb to disable.

It's not that it's complex and difficult, it's just that it add an unnecessary step just to have an "UI that looks cool", and you can't even disable that "feature". I shouldn't need to "view all windows" to select one.
It's way more convenient to just click on the selected window on the taskbar.
(And I prefer shortcut to gestures)

all of that LTSB bloatware, right user?

LTSB still has spyware that needs to be disabled in the settings, maybe that's what you were too dumb to disable.

I guess I can understand that. It's because you're used to it. That's normal. I'm used to macOS, I'm sure if I went and installed windows 10 for example, there's a lot of stuff I'd find weird too.

>"""""""fixed""""""""""
>300% slower than an i7
L M A O

Attached: 1510733941927.png (1280x888, 1.07M)

>telemetry options cause taskbar icons to flicker when deleting files

the absolute state of windows "users"

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 8.13.05 PM.png (2068x806, 161K)

Nothing at all.
I've got no issue with apples walled garden, their UI and software. It's fine and it works for the most part.

What I have an issue with is a literal trillion dollar company making shoddy, easy to break products with little regard to the end users ability to repair.
Apples practices are anti-consumer, and they can go fuck themselves.

>What's wrong with making things that are straightforward, intuitive, and easy to use?
Nothing.

But Applel chinkshit are none of those things.

Attached: 1528786793880.png (700x10000, 3.95M)

>disabling recycle bin fixes it
that explains it, I always disable that shit immediately. the recycle bin is only for very indecisive people or retards that accidentally delete things.

You are too kind for Jow Forums user

In Apple's case: Price
In general: higher coupling, limited customization, error obfuscation, vendor locking, decreased freedom and many more.

Dunno. Seems no one makes a Streaming device geared for local content anymore. All streaming devices now, such as Apple,Roku,Chrome cast, are all online content based. Guess the whole "DLNA" protocol support fad is over. Funny enough though, my HDTV with it's smart features, supports DLNA, but a device (see Apple/Roku/Chrome cast) that is made for streaming does not. WTF, seems a simple thing, device supports DLNA, I connect it to my TV, the device sees my Media Server, No time flat I'm enjoying my media collection. But sadly things are not simple anymore. Which is why I still use the WDTV Live, it just works period. No installing extra shit, no hassles, just connect it, find your server, and that's it.

Attached: er_photo_156478.jpg (800x640, 75K)

yikes

Here are a few videos from a guy who is a professional and certified Logic Board repairman, this is obviously Louis Rossman:

youtube.com/watch?v=sfrYOWlKJ_g

youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8

youtube.com/watch?v=_hYHwkIuEMo

In the first video, he talks about how his personal reasons on why he won't use Apple products since Apple wants to do things differently on very simple concepts

The second video talks about every controversy of Apple products, from the iPhone 4 "your holding it wrong" to the failing butterfly switches to Apple putting a block of rubber on a certain component of the Logic Board instead of re-soldering it entirely.

The 3rd video is about how he says Apple is a cult that polices each other, so if your system failed someone will say "Why did you not buy Apple care n that system" and he says that if Acer, Lenovo, ASUS, MSI, any computer company has a product that fails and has bad marketing, they will be given a huge amount of backlash and put on ter record, yet if Apple has something bad happens, it is apparently not their fault, its yours. And I hate that, a guy poured a liter of water on a Lenovo Thinkpad and 6 months after, it failed and he told Lenovo and they completely replaced the Laptop for free, only paying shipping, if that happened with Apple, you would have to get it repaired, which will probably be a piss poor job that will cause it last for only a few weeks or a few months if your lucky, and they will say "Just upgrade to a better system we have right now"

Nothing, unless you’re some autistic retard on Jow Forums.

>using a browser that has windscreen wipers

That's fine but the price shouldn't be lower to reflect that not higher

Get a mi box and install kodi in it for dlna.

>What's wrong with making things that are straightforward, intuitive, and easy to use?
Because they aren't making things easier to use, just easier to get started with.

Attached: .jpg (1600x1600, 306K)

you can‘t boast about your l337 h4x0r terminal typing skills like on your clunky server os

>Apple isn't stopping you, but they won't help you either. You can still try.
Yeah, you can try but Apple will remotely brick your device.

It has a C compiler, you can do whatever you want with it.

Okay, pajeet, nice little speech there. Pretty sure you should go back to installing your "Mean Death Skull 3D Launcher.apk" now.

What's wrong with shitting in a toilet street shitter?

Attached: 1530602548320.jpg (643x960, 257K)

Taking a shit is straightforward, intuitive and easy to use, too.

What Apple does is probably mostly fine and legal, doesn't mean I have to buy their products though.

>look, I posted it again!

>implying

Attached: Screenshot_20180902-212132.png (1080x1920, 202K)

> if you don't use gestures to increase your productivity, that's up to you I guess.
Wtf that

>look i'm shitting in the street again!

Attached: 1521562454039.png (641x782, 311K)