Sunday Night Reminder Windows Taskbar Icons Flicker Constantly

Good Evening - I know we're all here mourning the loss of Terry Davis, do you ever ask yourself.. Gee whiz, Why are the icons on the taskbar always flickering in windows 10????

wait..... i know the answer..
windows performs a redraw of the icons when a SHChangeNotify call is made to shell32, specifically either SHCNE_ASSOCCHANGED or SHCNE_UPDATEIMAGE, as outlined here: docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/shlobj_core/nf-shlobj_core-shchangenotify

This looks like shit and its amazing this issue persists. Now take a look at microsoft 'support' forums. Ouch.. here's a complaint about the issue from 2009 (LOL, 10 years ago) 'Taskbar Flickering constantly. How do I make it stop?'. A more recent one has a Top answer from windows Expert 'A. User' suggesting to run 'sfc /scannow' to solve the problem!

no one is behind the wheel of the ship at the windows division of microsoft, or even microsoft in general. really sad stuff

Attached: 1535503806251.gif (329x335, 382K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gist.github.com/fanfare/1b1a5c0c0dd8aedeaaab45d5513525e0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thanks for the gif, user.

I post about this a lot, but I use macOS and can't be bothered to bootcamp into windows 10 to find something that's been an issue since the consumer preview.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 9.34.46 PM.png (2078x1088, 234K)

#000000 is both the color of windows' dark mode, and the amount of fucks anybody at Microsoft gives about windows.

Attached: img_5b171683261c0.png (650x300, 71K)

This is the sort of minor thing that doesn't matter. Instead why not focus on more important issues like Windows Update failing very frequently or saying everything is up to date when it isn't.

It's more the fact that this has been an issue for almost 10 years with literally nobody at Microsoft responding to it.

It makes the OS look like buggy, hacked-together shit. But what else would you expect from a company that, until recently, rendered fonts with an emulated kernel driver?

>it only happens if the recycle bin is empty

That's a primo bug

Attached: kek.jpg (600x582, 61K)

>only happens if the recycle bin is empty
lmao
so yet another literal non-issue

last month i went full blown 100% OCD and tried to make a script that would cover up the flickering. it created a little virtual videocamera and screen and did some fancy checking to paste in place a non-flickering taskbar. i ended up abandoning it because microsoft does some stupid shit that doesnt let third party programs always stay on top of the taskbar so talk about a waste of time, heres a full couple of weeks down the drain gist.github.com/fanfare/1b1a5c0c0dd8aedeaaab45d5513525e0

Upgrade to Windows 7.

Or even 8.1. 10 is an absolute clusterfuck.

the issue has been a thing since windows 95. i did a bunch of tests. the desktop icons will flicker on 95 if you change the default application of a program. this shit started with shell32.dll.

Open Source doesn't have this problem. Someone would have been bothered enough to fix it and submit a patch.

The issue in OP is 10 exclusive, don't move the goalpost.

I mean, the fact that the contents of recycle bin would affect this bug at all is amazing. What kind of utter garbage fire of a design would create this kind of interaction.
Truly the power of 1000 pajeets with IDEs working together cannot be underestimated. What wonders they can create.

install gentoo

so where's the thumbnails in the loonix filepicker?

works on my machine desu

Attached: hi.png (1920x1080, 687K)

In KDE.

>bhop script

wallpaper please

it's just a plain purple wallpaper. here's the ruri though

Attached: ruri qt purple.png (1842x2855, 3.76M)

thanks