How do you deal with the fact that you don't basically understand how computers work?

How do you deal with the fact that you don't basically understand how computers work?
I mean you work in this field for very long, and I bet you don't even know what MOSFET is, or how microprocessors do.
Care to explain yourself?

Attached: original1.jpg (593x700, 91K)

But I do understand these things, user.

i dont have autism so i dont care

How do you deal with the fact that you don't basically understand how cars work?

I mean you drive to work every day, and I bet you don't even know what stoichiometry is, or the complete inner workings of your engine.

gratuitously

Nobody does you moron. The point of this thread is to conclude that more and more specialization is bad and we all need to educate ourselves more.

I work remotely from home and I dont even have a driver's license. Fuck cars and kys

That's a dumb comparison. I've mentioned working in the field (ie: being an IT technician or a programmer) and not just using the computer.

>you don't basically understand how computers work?
if I don't understand how computers work, then nobody does. Seriously, do you have any idea how few people know how the microcode in a CPU actually works or what the firmware that runs every peripheral works?

You don't need to know all the internal processes of a machine to operate it. That's the benefit of abstractions.

how does the human body and consciousness work?

/thread BTFO damnson r/murderedbywords

I guess I think about how fun it would be to take some time off to go back to college and study electrical engineering, how nice it would be to truly understand how computing happens at a deep level.

And then I remember I make $300k a year doing this programming shit and stop caring.

Attached: golang.png (600x600, 63K)

>or how microprocessors do
My microprocessors do just fine, thank you very much. How do you deal with the fact that you don't basically understand how your brain works?

Attached: 1524848771457.png (1440x1557, 738K)

I mean you work in this field for very long, and I bet you don't even know what a Hilbert space is, or how waves collapse.

i dont know how people work and i am not handling that fact well

Are you assuming everyone here did CS?

>do you have any idea how few people know how the microcode in a CPU actually works
The implementation doesn't matter, all you need to know is the interface.

Race drivers don't need to know everything about how the car works, all they need to know is it's interface. The same goes for everything

I have an eclectic mix of electronics skills including but not limited to design of RF circuits, analog front ends and amplifiers for instrumentation and measurement equipment, and switched mode power supply design. I don't have a ton of experience with MCUs but I generally understand how they work and have done some light programming with some PIC micros. I obviously understand how a mosfet works as well a jfets, bjts, and various GaAs heterojunction transistors and mesfets.

By counting my money.

i would have to say that 80% to 90% people here don't know how to program and are just here to post in the desktop thread and just general shit posting

Attached: 2012.09.14 - Distinctive mark - 1347667461.shin0r0z_rovermistress3.png (962x676, 452K)

>understand how your brain works
Hypocrite that you are, for you trust the chemicals in your brain to tell you they are chemicals. All knowledge is ultimately based on that which we cannot prove. Will you fight? Or will you perish like a dog?

Joke's on you, I don't trust no fucking chemicals.

I just smugly say "C is better" whenever anyone talks about programming to watch people go apeshit.

>how microprocessors do.

Attached: 1535371233201.jpg (750x500, 52K)

So you DO trust ALL chemicals?

No you misunderstand. I don't trust the "no fucking" of chemicals. Lrn 2 reading comprehenshun, word-pleb.

I'm assuming everyone here should do CS.

So you only trust chemicals related to sexuality?

Some of us were smart enough to do CE user

You don't trust chemicals that haven't fucked?

>2018
>Still can't program assembly

I just like fucking chemicals ok? Leave me alone.

I write colorful text for a living, I do *not* need to know what a MOSFET is.
At most, I'd be interested in how much cache I have, period.

All you need is a basic understanding of these things. You dont need to perfectly visualize the inner mechanics of how they physically function, unless you plan on utilising that much depth for a specific reason

Are you really that proud of something you can get the gist of by spending 2 hours reading a book? Understanding primitive computer architecture doesn't help you program modern computers, you know.

Define basic.

It's a series of tubes.

>how fun it would be to take some time off to go back to college and study electrical engineering
If you've already finished another engineering/science degree, you can probably pick up these subjects on your own just by doing the reading.