Why is there such a strong push for getting more women into software development careers...

Why is there such a strong push for getting more women into software development careers? I'm a junior in college and I have yet to meet a single female with a genuine interest in computer science. How some of them even pass the course is beyond me, as I'm almost positive they have a boyfriend or some guy doing all the work for them.

So what is the deal with this? Why is there an agenda to get women into careers they clearly don't want to do? Yet there's no push to get women into trades or other blue collar shit, it's only high paying white collar jobs

Attached: 1535393834062.jpg (460x800, 259K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2017/06/diversity-open-source-even-worse-tech-overall/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

To lower wages

This.
When women joined the workforce it doubled the amount of workers, so wages got lower everywhere except jobs women couldn't do or weren't interested in.

Attached: beautifulwomansoldering.jpg (658x1000, 64K)

Except that doesn't make sense because women keep complaining they aren't "paid equally"

Woman here. I have been working as a software engineer for ten years now. I have worked on game engines, machine learning, data science, pretty much anything fun.

There’s a push because it honestly is a lot harder grtting into tech as a woman. There’s all these weird hoops like I have to be “one of the guys” to fit in and any sign of femininity is taken as a weakness. For example, most women who have worked in nonfrontend programming I’ve seen over the years avoid makeup or use minimal. They also speek like an octave deeper around teammates than around me. Most women just weren’t encouraged like a lot of men are to get into tech when they do show an interest. I know like some men I had to fight tooth and nail to get where I am today—there’s a disparity here with how accessible tech is made to men vs women. Heck, even on IRC most of the women I know on freenode and the like go to great lengths to conceal the fact that they’re women because people will automatically treat them with less respect.

I have a trans woman friend who confirmed what she experienced as a male in tech and what she experiences passing as a woman in tech. Its very interesting how insecure or jusf plain shitty men get about women doing intellectual things, almost as if it threatens some of them.

All in all I’ve worked with mostly pleasant people but its stupid to pretend this reality doesnt exist and that women have less opportunity to succeed in tech than men om average.

Like my male friend who I just taught to code just got a high paying job which took me years ro get to that point when i was on my own.

Yes there are womens reachout orgs that help women get into tech, but the reason they exist is because texh is currently an extremely masculine space. I know that sounds absurd but if uve ever worked with a mostly female team vs a mostly male team ull notice differences. I wish tech to be more accessible and pleasant for all.

fags with programming socks are not women

Ok well they pass as a woman is the point Jow Forumstard

>Someone complains about something
>Therefore the complaint is automatically valid

Attached: 41274028010_6ce0ebf98e_b.jpg (1024x768, 155K)

2/10 shitty bait

Attached: post-tits-or-gtfo[1].jpg (538x307, 44K)

>be male
>forced to have a degree and lots of connections if you want easy access to tech jobs
>be female
>suck hiring manager's dick and get easy low stress job as diversity engineer or whatever

Attached: cute meido boy.png (905x820, 488K)

This sounds like complete and utter bullshit to me

interesting if true/10

why do you insist on making these threads 3 times a day

Do you really think it’s that easy or that is a position ud want? Why dont u find a gay manager and suck his dick? We should all be prostitutes? What if Im lesbian? Also not all women are Jow Forums girls u fap to tier beautiful.

God I wish I could just suck a managers dick to slack on the job. LOL!!!!

You just... dont know how people work

Fuck off this is literally the first time I made this thread ever

First they get normies into programming. Then they get grils into programming. Everything after that will be taken by pajeet.

You guys will be out of the job. Your programming autism can't save you.

Attached: 1508427730115.png (363x518, 272K)

You are probably samefagging from My advice is that you get some help and consult this user

It’s totally real and it’s just not a perspective often shared on Jow Forums.

Feel free to Ask me anything about topic at hand.

this, the pajeet menace has already pozzed up IT, dev is next

I thought I told you to stop samefagging? Jeez.

The main reason is just to drive down wages. American's are getting beaten by India, China, and Russia in sheer availability of cheap programmers. People should only enter a career if they are really interested in that specific field. The reason why they want women specifically? American's think that diversity == better employment environment. This has never really worked though. Look at public education. Also, you don't see a push to get men into women heavy fields, and you never will. Men are super competitive, women kill that drive. You're going to see a future of really bad programs made by women that don't care enough to be great.

I posted this: And i can say i founded a nonprofit to help women get into tech because of the challenges they face. It is relatively successful

Can you fuck off and die? This is part of the reason why I don't respect women anymore. They always look to play the victim at every chance they get.

this thread is literally evidence of the prejudice and hostility women face in tech world

t. not femanon

Even if women were raised from birth to be more responsible for own actions like men are, they would still be discriminated against because they're effectively inferior men who will drop out for maternity leave and never come back.

Attached: ferris2981.png (1241x1071, 1.32M)

>be male
>don't want to work
wat do?

I'm not sure what you expected posting here of all places.

Attached: wat.png (398x199, 172K)

Die.
You too, no one cares about what you have to say, especially when it's provably false, moreover plain baiting at this point.

become a girl and hope you can find a sugar daddy before you age out

Attached: 78ADB548-C010-4D2B-BBD1-B8C196DAB43E.png (1242x2208, 498K)

That's all bullshit and just part of female mental disability. There's no "fitting in"nobody fucking cares

Ive been on Jow Forums for 10 years too. I knew what to expect.

Pic related

Attached: DF8CC156-C9A7-47AB-BF77-478962406E2F.png (1242x2208, 336K)

> and just part of female mental disability
Oh yeah this is what a well adjusted, reasonable person thinks and says...

ahem
*technology* board

Attached: tits or gtfo.png (292x121, 5K)

This is what female privilage looks like.
Imagine if a guy tried to do this and write it off as linux kernel experience.

Attached: const women in tech.png (1340x1226, 275K)

Oh yeah because it’d be so hard to find ten men who basically got the same ride. I assure u in capitalism nobody gets a free ride and if u cant provide results your ass will get sacked fast

well best of luck to you in that case.

I honestly agree with you. One of the most talented programmers I've met was a "ditzy" chick from my uni. She's rolling in job offers because not only is she actually competent, she's pretty hot and companies are shitting themselves trying to fill that diversity quota.

She's also autistic as fuck, and probably doesn't even notice when men are trying to power play her lmao.

Attached: 1533498366259.jpg (261x296, 13K)

Does someone have diffs? Maybe it's only the commit message that seems simple.

>Heck
>I have a trans woman friend
10000% this is bait, nice try though, and thanks for the new pasta.

Attached: 68165642_p0.jpg (1069x1600, 585K)

Women get free rides every fucking day. They get passes, excused, pampered, and given free shit on the sole basis that they're women. Must be a nice fantasy world you're living in if you think otherwise

Fuck off, tranny

Attached: 1535992989984.jpg (960x960, 75K)

>someone told me to die on the interwebs and hurt meh feelings
You do realize I call other subhumans like you, male or female, "fags" and that you should either grow the fuck up and atleast try to defend your point or shut up and understand your place in a situation like that right? Platitudes and whatever other debate tactics don't work when we are trying to pierce facts. Here, there is only the truth. You might wanna try reddit with your sobstory. Or stop baiting for attention.

Fuck off, phoneposter.

>Implying any serious bussinessman would trust a vagcode or a ranjeepscript.

>women keep complaining
Grug carry club for reasons.

Attached: grug.jpg (800x450, 35K)

>trying to pierce facts
>Die.
I see no attempt to pierce any facts in that post.

Like I said women get this help like with the nonprofit I’ve started to work to offset the accessibility difference of tech between men and women. I described earlier what I mean by accessibility.

I mentioned your entire discrimination bullshit as the lie it is. See, this is the part where you prove me wrong instead of playing dumb ( albeit let's be honest this probably comes naturally to you). And as you seen to lack the understanding of how it works for people with actual brains, you need to start a discussion to unveil the truth.

I’m not trans. I am a cis woman.

Did u quote the wrong post? Im honestly a bit confused as to what you’re going on about...

I used to use a desktop with a crt running freebsd but now i use a laptop sometimes and ubuntu

i have done well for myself. So have two of my female friends. Things are getting better slowly.

Anywho, I didnt mean to upset anyone here I just wanted to share my perspective because I’ve been browsing Jow Forums for... oh god over ten years... and never really said anything whenever i saw these things pop up and when they do i never saw a woman talk about her experiences in tech

fpbp

You've been nothing but a scourge on this board, please leave you larping faggot

People ITT are just bootyblasted because even single mothers can learn to program in their spare time.

Imagine spending so much time building up your ego because you believed you're exceptionally good at ONE THING and then having that distinction pulled out from under you.

Attached: 8-tips-moms-learning-to-code.jpg (1500x1000, 563K)

>Why is there such a strong push for getting more women into software development careers?

They can pay them less.

Same reason why they are pushing for immigration and visas so hard, Indians do the job cheaper.

>your
It's not mine. I only came here to kindly point out that your posts contribute to nothing.

Thats not me. I try not to be rude to anons.

You think playing dumb comes naturally to women, huh? I think you really need to get out and make female friends, user. :/ once you work through this you’ll notice that women will become interested in u when u least expect it. Much love.

Attached: CD6D64B6-0A96-4CC3-8474-B560AF35CCA0.png (1242x2208, 395K)

No. JUST NO!

Attached: 153377973543523458671.png (1280x720, 362K)

>small clique of actually competent programmers continues on
>either (a) piggyback entire industry or (b) becomes the ones producing software people actually want since 1. shitty code makes shitty software and 2. moores law says that soon there will be no more "better software" and therefore programmers will not be allowed to be lazy anymore.
of course that's just a hope at this point, but whether my shitty job gets replaces by pajeet and stacy, i can still carry these skills into other positions and avoid the cancer while they writhe like maggots in the decaying corpse of an industry abused by incompetent suits who killed the golden goose of an industry that they had, while it gets torn to smithereens by endless false rape accusations, since pajeet + stacy = cum dump catastrophe

>moores law says that soon there will be no more "better software" and therefore programmers will not be allowed to be lazy anymore
Then hardware companies will focus on MORE CORES and programmers will have to parallelize their programs so people will come up with parallel javascript frameworks.

Ahaha so relatable!!!! Thats cute. I love ditzy smart women

Thanku for nice post

Its pretty common word among catholic raised people

Wow thats some tough dick

Seems liek she is teaching a cute intro course

I’m a pretty great programmer of ten years and a woman as I mentioned earlier

post proof you larping faggot

we're already in that phase user.

Reveal my (woman) name on Jow Forums? I dont think so...

blacked out resume, sample of code-base, tits or vagoo, or anything that proves you're telling the truth at all.

All that could identify me I think also posting tits on a blue board nothx

>All that could identify me
nope.
>blacked out resume shows nothing but writing style as long as you black out all the traceable material
>codebase (especially proprietary) is team-written and therefore you would be a needle in a haystack, effectively anonymous

>posting tits on a blue board nothx
1. tits aren't pronogriphic
2. you already derailed the thread a bit anyways
3. you can change your ip and mac address with a simple google search after, or just wait out the ban (which will probably just be a simple warning)

Thanks for proving you are only here to bait people. I am tired of responding to low quality bait from phoneposters, so please fuck off to whatever shithole you come from.
Same with you. I should probably just add your ids to my exclusion extension to filter through the trash.

Attached: 1522256341038.gif (300x252, 1.63M)

To increase the number of programmers in the industry, thus lowering wages.

It won't work though as increasing the number of programmers will just increase demand for their services.

Look at the history of I.T.: When more storage or faster processors become available the gains are gobbled up by more sophisticated systems.

U will get banned posting tits on g

My resume is online so any bits of text make it a google search away

Generally i am the only woman on a project

I dont think ive derailed at all besides entertaining u

I really mean that u hve a fucked up bad view of women not healthy

what amazes me is that people actually believe that they can distinguish between contexts and dispositions so well that they feel they can justifiably attribute discriminatory agency to someone
>"he got a job faster than me because I'm a woman"
maybe he got taught by a professional programmer in a booming industry
>"Jow Forums is so hostile to competent women"
maybe Jow Forums is hostile to everyone with a sincere opinion

I would like more women in the industry though as I'd like a GF with similar interests to me and there aren't enough of them out there.

Telecommuting programmers might not need maternity leave quite as much too.

In my experience, competent female programmers that weren't actually shoved into the diversity hire departments get treated like talking dogs.
Men find it extremely difficult to believe a woman could be their peer and equal in this field.

The problem is that's not what's happening. What is happening is women who don't give a shit about tech or programming are going to school for it and given jobs for the sole purpose of being women

What amazes me is how dismissive people like u can be when it comes to criticism from women. The greentext u brought up is just strawmans. But more than that it really is night and day obvious. Sometimes its more subtle and sometimes what ur saying happens but in most cases women get shafted professionally. Its why my female friend got a male spokesperson for her startup—it is notoriously hard to find investors as a woman leading a startup. Shit just sucks in concrete and obtuse ways and its worth listening to people when they say something is wrong.

Lol women arent commonly being handed jobs theyre not qualified for when compared to men. Most stufies show that women have to be overwualified for the jobs underqualified men get because everyone has ur attitude about women coders

Exactly

Do you have any sauce for that serving of bullshit you dished out?

literally prove my point some more
no other data points about me
no knowledge of who I am, where I come from, or even my gender
>"it's cuz I'm a woman that you're dismissing me"

>go my entire life never seeing a competent technically minded female of my species
>suddenly i'm being introduced to Christine, my new coworker and she acts like she's gods gift to programming
>also i'm beginning to question whether she's an actual woman

Attached: sage.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

Well sexism has been rife up to now. How else can this unjust prejudice be reversed?

I think female peer pressure that tech is 'boys toys' that no true woman should enjoy is more of a problem than male programmers.

How about articles about programming in cosmopolitan magazine to help with this?

U were literally being dismissive and u were saying much ofbthe same in ur post but ur making it about sexism wow huge surprise there. Gonna ignore ur posts now because you’re not being civil.

As a woman i can say that my difficulty securing myself in tech was not because of this.

>>Jow Forums

She never said that u stupid autist

How do you know if someone is female on the internet?
Don't worry, they'll fucking tell you.

God forbid someone mentions theyrr a woman ina thread about women in tech lol

Yeah so easy being a woman in tech no hate toward them at all for being a woman ahahahah

>world is hostile to everyone
>men shield women from the total apathy of the universe
>"we want equality"
>men stop shielding women from the uncaring brutality of natural law
>they experience angst and suffering for the first time societally
>"i can't even, clearly it's the patriarchy that makes the universe not care about my fee-fees"

is it even possible for you to make a thread that doesn't concern women in tech?

Sad but true. Women should just man up.

Marijuana for beginners.

explain 95%+ open source contributors being man1 when you don't even need to reveal your gender on the internet and there's no barrier for entry besides skill and interest?

[1] wired.com/2017/06/diversity-open-source-even-worse-tech-overall/

you're just ignoring me because I'm black.
typical.

Lol r u fucking stupid? Women are expected to perform like men plus be good at all the things women ate supposed to br good at

Women arent shielded from reality at all

Personally I’ve been through hell and yes feelings and being a kind human being actually matters but what I’ve enumerated in this thread goes far beyond the cold cruel nature of the universe ive been in this field for ten years

What a stupid take “women think sexism exists because men arent shielding them from the cold nature of reality” is really just a totally psycho take

I'll take women programmers seriously when they reach the competence level of attention seeking male programmers that wear women's clothes and ask you to call them she.

Attached: mx-5 miata nyaaaaa.jpg (1024x520, 41K)

it's clearly the fault of the pro-social people working, without pay, for unimpeded access to information and universal freedom to tinker. so toxic and problematic.

Wagecucks like me don't have to deal with this because no one is pushing for more women in oil fracking even though the gender inequality is staggering, Horowitz Goldbags should do something about this.

>plus be good at all the things women ate supposed to br good at
like?

You were called out for being a stupid asshole. Nobody mentioned you being a stupid sexist asshole, even tho its the truth. Are you mentally ill?

Makeup, fashion, social things, maternal qualities, emotional labor, etc

Attached: MM8YfTNpSEBjgBVtLbmDcriS.jpg (1000x1100, 141K)

I imagine this poster isn't good at anything