With powerful GNU software like Blender, Gimp, and LibreOffice, is there any reason to use proprietary software in 2018?

With powerful GNU software like Blender, Gimp, and LibreOffice, is there any reason to use proprietary software in 2018?

Attached: 1523573661516.jpg (640x640, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blender.org/about/license/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

emacs runs better on windows, so there is that

>tfw no qt3.14 disabled gf

blender isn't gnu, also gimp is gimped in performance. libreoffice isn't gnu either. gnufag.

>tfw no qt3.14 disabled gf (male)

kys

Video and audio editing, especially professional. Otherwise no.

>With powerful GNU software like GIMP
wew lad

Actually, all free and open source software falls under the GNU General Pubic License.

it's ok senpai, we've all been fooled before on here

There are still no competitive foss DAWS/Notation Software, CAD programs, or multimedia editors. Once these bases are properly covered I can finally delete my windows partition.

kdenlive and theres a shitload of audio tools on loonix

> Powerful
> Gimp
> Libreoffice

BWAHAHAHAHAHA Try to use any of those in a real project that isn’t just resizing your anime wallpaper.

>no autocad replacement

meme OS

Also, neither Blender or LibreOffice are part of the GNU project

freeCAD

>kdenlive
you got to be kidding me, have you tried doing anything even remotely advanced with it? In theory it's got the features you need but if you try anything beyond the most basic task with one or two clips then it'll just crash. kdenlive is so buggy it's unusable. I actually use blender for the very basic video editing I need to do because - while it's not made for that purpose - it has all the basic features I need and it actually works and doesn't just crash all the time.

Why is her right boob bigger than the left?

Someone tell me what kind of meds freetards are on to unironically make these statements

Call me when linux gets visual studio

>tfw no pubic licence

is it gay to suck her penis if she can't feel it?

Just one small reason:
It’s kind of embarassing to use gimp solely because of its name.

She disabled the left one a bit.

What "real projects" have you worked on recently?

>fuck her until she feels it

It's even more gay then, she's getting nothing out of it and you're still sucking a penis.

>wanting someone to enjoy you sucking their dick
That's gay dude

cute whore

Attached: 1397296313113.jpg (403x503, 30K)

Attached: 1397300888100.jpg (669x1000, 214K)

Attached: 1397414834789.jpg (900x1200, 79K)

give me a FOSS after effect and then we'll talk

Attached: wvuuyU7.jpg (640x960, 147K)

Attached: 1464616565631.jpg (477x593, 33K)

Attached: 1364412130543.jpg (1560x1170, 335K)

Fuck I bet her parents were first degree relatives

Nice, a rolling distro.

Attached: Mmm-yeah.png (475x417, 513K)

There is no free SAP or Lotus Notes

Attached: 1535919852956.gif (320x240, 2.65M)

>no free SAP
i wonder why

nothing comes close to binja or ida

Basically this: if you're in corp America doing anything normies care about they expect it in MS Office and the machines to be Win-something. The cost is negligible compare to what you make in corporate so WTF not.
> Just had to rebuild laptop for upcoming corporate gig. Win 10+Office 13 licences $6000/week billable
> Machine / software cost negligible.
Most execs just buy a new computer and set it aside when done. I may do same later but half of time my client gets me a new machine b/c they want to hold onto the work and "control" the intellectual product. To put it in perspective on Libreoffice: I ran a small 40 person shop for a year, interim, where the execs were all using Mac laptops but corp client used Wintel machines (me included). It was incredibly annoying to share any docs/presos; they were always fucked up every time they "converted" them.

Point is I can't imagine what sort of abomination I'd get from the Libreoffice client conversion, and if it's even a little screwed up no-one client side will have patience for that shit.

the problem with conversions isn't the software, it's the file format. the right way of going about it isn't to switch from MS Office to LibreOffice, but to stop using OOXML and start using ODF. MS Office even presents you with the option to use ODF by default instead of OOXML when you first start it up, most likely because the law forced them to.

if you can successfully transition from OOXML to ODF, the compatibility issues are solved, and the transition from MS Office to LibreOffice becomes trivial.

Give me your number.

>Notation Software
GNU LilyPond. Or MuseScore

>blender isn't gnu
But it is. See blender.org/about/license/

Any video editor based on the MLT framework is trash.

That just means it's released under a licence devised by GNU, not produced by GNU itself.

ya numpty

LibreOffice is a fucking piece of shit that crashes for no reason and lags if you have too much shit. It also has piss poor compatibility with Office which is an industry standard.

gnu is a project (consisting of many subprojects like gcc, emacs, ...), gnu gpl is a license

Freecad and all its derivatives are utter trash compared to autocad

>nofap day 6
>nofap day 0
thanks user

What's wrong with MLT?

>GNU itself
you mean FSF? Stallman? i thought GNU is just a distribution of free software, not an organisation. i always wondered why is it that freefags have such an issue with ownership when the software itself is open to contributions from anyone and everyone, and isn't technically owned by anyone?

It's very unstable and all programs based on it (Openshot, Shotcut, Kdenlive, etc.) share the tendency to crash a lot.
Although I have to admit, that Kdenlive is at least the best of the bunch, when it comes to functionality.

My mistake. I was thinking about the license, not the GNU project.

jej

GNU is an operating system numbnuts

Audio production is pretty strong on Linux but it's not always open source, as for video blender can handle every use case.

Bottom line is changing for a lot of retard companies. They would rather have stupid messes with employees not being able to work. The fortune 500 company that I work for is removing anti-virus and moving to Windows defender.

libreoffice sucks and there isn't a single employer on the planet who will put up with your compatibility formats

No pro tools not Ableton live

>real project
Stop larping virgin

GIMP is nowhere near the level of Photoshop.

he's right.
kdenlive would be godsent if it wouldn't crash all the time and corrupt the project files. Features are technically all on board.
I'll give blender a shot for video authering.

>libreoffice sucks and there isn't a single employer on the planet who will put up with your compatibility formats
Mine does.

You're confusing ownership/copyright with licensing
GPL software is owned by people who are listed in the copyright notice.

FOSS sucks balls
Programmers left to their own devices without management and idea/visionary types.

Also anyone can contribute, there's no meritocracy, no weeding out of bad programmers.

this, I cannot pass my 5k in software and plugins to linux, so I'm stuck with LTSB win 10 for now

anytime, friend

>powerful
>GNU software