Is there a such thing as a mobile printer that just etches or burns in writing with a laser...

Is there a such thing as a mobile printer that just etches or burns in writing with a laser? I’ve been looking for something like this, and I’ve seen all sorts of stuff like printers that use that process but require a special kind of paper or receipt printers, or even just mobile printers that just use ink and/or toner. None of those are actually what I’m looking for though, and no amount of web browsing has really brought me any results.

I just want to be able to have some sort of light and portable printing device that can just print on black and white and doesn’t use ink. Something that can fit into a backpack and just do that, ya know?

Attached: B6F7FD70-3A91-4FB4-81B3-CE8385FEB38D.jpg (390x400, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1274485-REG/brother_pj722_pj_722_pocketjet_7_mobile.html?ap=y&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzaOnkeKg3QIVEdVkCh0ynA98EAQYASABEgLKxfD_BwE&smp=y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can someone at least point me in the right direction to where I could go to ask this question and get a response? I do feel like Jow Forums isn’t necessarily the right board, and I just launched this thread into Jow Forums but that board is just full of dramatic faggots and suicidal wojak posters.

They're called dot matrix printers

>I just want to be able to have some sort of light and portable printing device that can just print on black and white and doesn’t use ink.
Why?

You know the Germans always make good stuff

College courses. I get that it’s a very niche need, but this would make things a lot easier for me.

Ok, but why can't it use ink?

Ink is expensive.
Think in the mindset of a wagecuck college student that is getting no help from family or any financial aid.

thermal printers. they use them for raspberry pis and shit a lot.

Attached: thermal printer.jpg (800x680, 110K)

I can’t seem to find any though that either aren’t just for receipts or require some special type of paper that’s like $15 for 100 sheets and you can’t just pick up at the local Walmart. Are there any that are portable, and can print on 8.5”x11” normal paper?

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but won’t the “Brother PJ-722 PocketJet 7 Mobile Thermal Printer with USB“ do just the trick? I don’t know if it uses special paper, because it really doesn’t say anything about it. I’d hate it if it did, and if it does, then this problem isn’t quite solved yet.

Link:
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1274485-REG/brother_pj722_pj_722_pocketjet_7_mobile.html?ap=y&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzaOnkeKg3QIVEdVkCh0ynA98EAQYASABEgLKxfD_BwE&smp=y

A portable lightscribe DVD burner?

Laser cartridges aren't that cheap either, though. You'll save money if you print shitloads, like thousands and thousands of pages. Otherwise the difference isn't that big.

No, you silly. Didn’t you read OP’s post?

Doesn't say no, but seeing how thermal paper is listed on the accessories tab in the shop I'd assume it uses thermal paper.

Laser printers burn toner (plastic) into the paper. You'd need one that Burns paper and to do so the paper has to be made for that application unfortunately. The regular copy paper isn't good for a controlled burn

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-04-01-15-55.png (1080x1920, 186K)

if that existed why would thermal/inkjet/toner/dotmatrix printers be made?

lmao the absolute state of Jow Forums

everyone here likes to recommend thermal, but I've had so many faded receipts that I don't trust the technology

am I the only one to keep receipts for that long? or maybe I'm just old.

Attached: 4hd1e4gb9v011.jpg (3120x3217, 350K)

Nah, it isn’t just you. I just gave it a google and sure enough thermal prints have a shelf life. Apparently it’s just 7 years at max for legibility.

However...
The shit is reusable once it completely fades away and there are ways to extend the shelf life.

Maybe you shouldn't store your receipts in your shoe, they will last better in a drawer or something. But yeah, thermal sucks for longevity in any regard.