So Firefox ESR will retire tomorrow

And you'll only have the Quantum version from now on. So how does that make you feel.

Attached: ed761c052f9090ab5afd62ea4b15b4ba.jpg (460x615, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/
linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?p=5845618#post5845618
ghacks.net/2018/09/04/firefox-62-0-release-information/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Normal since I migrated to Quantum long ago.
Servo is totally worth the odd dead addon.

I'm staying with 52 ESR until Debian gets their shit together and pushes 60 ESR to stable. Knowing Debian it'll probably take a while.

That might be next week. TAILS is getting 60ESR in 2 days max.

>using debian stable
Why would you do that to yourself?
Run sid or at least testing

Indifferent cuz i switched to Waterfox the moment NuFox v57 came out and normal addons were ""depreciated"" by those sjw fucks

Attached: me.jpg (506x564, 76K)

I'm lazy, updates are a pain, and really for almost all the stuff I do, I'd never notice the newer version. Like I can't tell you any shit that's in recent kernels that 4.9 LTS doesn't have, let alone any stuff I use. Firefox is a pretty exceptional case because they made a huge breaking change, but at the same time a browser is so important from a security standpoint that Debian couldn't just put off the upgrade until Buster.

I don't give a shit. I've been using 60 ESR for ages now, because I use ESR for stability, not for hopelessly clinging on to deprecated features. All the extensions that matter got ported to the new API. Webshit is awful anyway, and you should keep your time in front of a browser to a minimum.

Attached: image.jpg (474x473, 73K)

smug, because I'm using Waterfox

Attached: ed761c052f9090ab5afd62ea4b15b4ba.png (460x615, 429K)

Quantum is great software. If your extensions were so good and supported they would be working by now, and if you want them so bad stop being a leech and fix it yourself.

no one is stopping you from using any version you want
ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/

>he's using his distro's firefox
>he's using debian
linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?p=5845618#post5845618

why would I do that when I could just sit on my ass a while longer and have my package manager take care of everything for me?

because your package will always be days behind mozilla's release channel, the same auto update they have on windows
and since you use debian, you'll get firefox vunerability updates weeks after they have been released and applied

it's literally stupid to use your distro's firefox

>t. Mozilla shill struggling to maintain xir job

Attached: image.jpg (953x1282, 188K)

>days behind
oh no, however will I cope

based

This is gonna be bad for Tor since it's a completely new browser to evaluate.

Tor and Firefox are already working closely together on Firefox fusion. Firefox will be able to replace tor browser completely, but even if they keep releasing tor browser separately it won't be that difficult to migrate to v60 especially when fusion is complete since tor will just need to change some about:config defaults and add the addons they use.

>days
i was being kind

Would that this picture were a picture of male

I laugh at the retards still clinging to

I guess since there already is a firefox thread up this can be used to talk about the new release. Here are release notes.
ghacks.net/2018/09/04/firefox-62-0-release-information/

>install addon
>works just fine
>quantum comes along
>have to install python + download external script for same functionality
i-it's so g-good, user. trust me

I'm actually happy desu. I fucking hate to death FF52.
This also means we'll get ESR60-based Tor Browser soon.

This tbqh.

Servo is the best engine that exists

wtf i love furries now

I'm not using ESR (why would I) so not bothered

Red pill

>he's still using 52

Attached: 1527229447806s.jpg (250x223, 10K)

I wonder how seamonkey will cope, honestly. Changing to a 60 quantum codebase for them sounds like hell.

If it works why change it?

>pinta on stable and sid but not testing
hmm

>Quantum literally better in every way
>super fast
>no longer bound to a single process
>XUL was an unholy clusterfuck of pajeet-tier code so bad that nobody at Mozilla wanted to maintain it
>replaced by clean and fast engine with Mozilla's own extensions
>addons no longer bog down browser performance
>only real argument against Quantum is that like two addons aren't available anymore
>autists unable to form their own opinions stick with some forks of an ancient ass version
>they'd rather trust some random faggot to keep their browser patched and secure than an organization which has an interest in staying relevant and hundreds of thousands of eyes observing their actions
I laugh at all you Pale Meme/Cumfox retards
Enjoy your obsolete browser and sub-IE11 performance

afaik esr receives only highly critical updates
it's really a meme

Someone post the image where the mozilla employees have to wear firefox hoodies

Wonder what will happen to Basilisk afterwards.

same

I'm on Icecat using 52.6.0 ESR. Excited for the update to 60ESR. I used Nightly in the past, but decided to care more about freedom than being on the bleeding edge. Ideally I'd have both, but I don't mind the compromise here.

as a strong independent woman of color I find this image extremely arousing

in my experience being bleeding-edge is just random problems pop up sometimes whenever upstream feels like it, and you either get to wait for a bugfix or (in the case of Firefox specifically) figure out how to turn off whatever bullshit they did this time in about:config.

You can always use browsers based on UXP like Palememe and Basilisk.

ungoogled-chromium is the way to go until otter browser is ready

I wanna yiff that thing

>being part of the 4.62% of the web that uses firefox
naaa, I'm ok senpai.