Is it any good?

Attached: kotlin_800x320.png (800x320, 14K)

for kiebłasa it's the best

Attached: iu[1].jpg (600x600, 39K)

she is cute~

Attached: kotlinchan.jpg (521x800, 78K)

If you have to use the JVM it's decent. However, if you can avoid using the JVM you should. There are too many good native options nowadays to have to suffer through JVM bloatware.

like kotlin?

For me, it's Włocławek.

Native compilation for Kotlin, and basically all JVM languages, is a sad joke at the moment.

It's very good but at the end of the day it's a meme language.

It's a straight drop-in upgrade from Java. If you're working with anything JVM related there's no reason to not learn it.

i understand the push though, statically compiled single binaries are the current spicy meme

Except that Clojure and Scala also support Java libraries

>clojure and scala

They are ugly compared to Kotlin and are harder to transition to.

It's pajeet tier

>There are too many good native options
like?

Modern C++, D, C#/F# (native compilation works well on Windows), Haskell, Rust, Ocaml/ReasonML, Go, Crystal, Nim etc.

>Modern C++, D, F#, Ocaml, Crystal, Nim
btw C# runs in then .NET framework, it's not native

Attached: 1515423637792.png (538x630, 379K)

There are native compilers for C# on Windows. Fucking moron.

kotlin has native too, retard

How can be it any good when they pick a name like "Kotlin"? Kotlin is the name of my neighbor's retarded son. Kotlin eats shit on the regular, and so does the language.

Attached: image.jpg (400x300, 49K)

Scala is complicated and slow to compile. Clojure is great, but it's a Lisp, not having C-syntax immediately drives away 99% of potential users. You can't really transition java-pajeets to lisp.

Same can be said for JVM languages on Linux/MacOS, just use GraalVM to make a native image.

Yes and it's shit in comparison because it's extremely limited. Basically all non-trivial Kotlin projects access Kotlin/Java libraries that use features that can't be compiled natively. Meanwhile basically every C# library can be compiled natively on Windows.

GraalVM, like Kotlin native, is still very limited. It can't even compile the entire Java standard library.

>on Windows
so we just fuck over mac and linux?

If you care about those use another language. Nobody ever claimed C# native compilation worked well on Mac or Linux.

>Modern C++
>D

No

Depends on what you're using it for. As a user, if a program requires the JVM it isn't getting installed on my machines.

you're allowed to bundle the jvm, there's no reason the user should even know about it other than sun's incompetence and MS shenanigans

won't that be a 200MB binary? or is there a stripped down version of it?
plus, aren't there license issues or some shit where oracle will hunt you down if you bundle the JRE?

najlepszy keczup wojenny

Used it on a 2 large scale projects so far. It's more or less the same crap as other languages with some extra syntactic sugar. Usually you opt out for the simplest approach, because you want to keep things simple for the future development. Comparing it with Java, it's more or less the same shit, but less verbose.

>java-pajeets
The moment I saw this, was the moment I decided they should be called javeets from now on. I have a mission now.

> meme

It's the only viable way